The Best Things in Boston, Lincolnshire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Boston.
The Best Things
- INGELOW AVE IS NOT WHAT IT WAS YEARS AGO HAVE BEEN HERE FOUR YEARS NO PROBLEMS LIKE THE PAST, PEOPLE SHOULDNT LET STIGMA STICK FOR YEARS AND YEARS THINGS DO CHANGE, AND WE AINT ALL LAZY ARSES THAT DONT GO TO WORK SOME OF US WORK 7 DAYS A WEEK PEOPLE THAT POST BAD THINGS ABOUT A AREA OR ROAD ARE PROBABLY THE ONES THAT ARE THE TROUBLE MAKERS AND THE LAZY ONES THAT DONT WANNA WORK. THEY NEED TO TAKE A TRIP TO LONDON AND LIVE ON SOME OF THE ESTATES BACK THERE AND THEN POST A COMMENT TRUST INGELOW IS A HAVEN COMPARED TO THERE. JUST FOR THE RECORD NOT EVERYWHERE IN LONDON.
- leaving there 3 years ago in may 04....
but seriously was there for 14 years and got some wkd memories, small place, 2-3 clubs,
- the people except townies
- Near the country, fresh air, flat land to go cycling. Didn't appreciate how nice and peaceful Boston was until i moved to the city. People being chilled out and the lovely slow pace of life.
- Carlton Road Primary School (the old one that is) and Boston College
- mmm... so many it is hard to choose
- The early mornings on market days.
- boston grammar school. best time of my life.
- blackfrairs 4ever n ever!!! spooky's!!! that's gr8, now that's what i call music.. also gr8!
- The best thing about Boston is the pure comedy of the place and the free entertainment it provides.For instance How many places have you visited with free outdoor sports activities (such as the glorious fights outside the prospect). Free stand up comedians such as tunnage and divvy linda. So many celeb look alikes ,( to the girl out of little Britain). And the fact that you cant go seven inches without seeing a 15yrold with a baby and huge gold earings.
- Best thing is not living there, going home for the weekend, getting hammered and leaving all the mess behind on a sunday afternoon!
- That amazing 6-wheel car belonging toTtorria was once mine (until I wrecked it). I was very impressesd with what they did with the wreckage!
- It's quiet...and kinda cute
- York Street football ground home to The Pilgrims. A picturesque football overlooked by Boston Stump. York Strret is a cauldron of blood sweat and tears as United battle it out in the mud while across town shoppers can hear the cheers and sighs as the ballet on grass plays out. And Sacks Store Emporium. Natural stone tiles and flooring, and wood-burning stoves all found against a wonderful backdrop. something more likely to be found in a chique London road than in Lincolnshire. A real treasure.
- The Ttorria TTour bus mentioned before has been made over. Now it is PINK and still elaborately sign written. Now carries Ttorrz Maddy and Paisley around! www.ttorria.co.uk. Bostons own girl band that to be honest very rarely play Boston!!! Nearest place Skeg! Look out for the girlz MAXED up saxos driving round TOO BUILT BY bob4.com
- Boston's accents and the stump. The famous characters of Boston and Pizza perfection and pizza hut.
- Nice having lots of family and friends around. The friends you do make here are for life.
- The knowhere guide
- Boston Pride, despite the mickey taking, the thicky taking, the misfits, the thieves, the louts, the lads , the lasses, the weak, the strong, the best, the worst. You cant take it away from any of them. Boston Pride. It outlives them all and all of them have it..............Boston Pride....Boston Pride....Boston Pride...Boston Pride....Boston Pride.
There you go, even you are saying it now. Believe in it ,,,, Boston Pride.
- spookies. the piercing lady is soo friendly, and look at her ears- WOW
- The park in summer is really uplifting and positive.
I work at a shop called Katmandu on West Street in Boston, Lincs, UK. We are, among other things, a tattoo studio, and feel that we could raise a considerable amount of money, if sponsored and supported by you the local press, public,and businesses for the charity Children in Need. As I'm sure many of you are aware, this charity affair is due to begin very soon, and the major event on the 15th November. We feel that with your help, both by forwarding this info on to your relevant contacts, and by sponsoring us yourselves, and of others like you, we could really help needy kids all over the world.
We are hoping to get help in making the public aware of this sponsored tattoo, and to would love it if you could help us to gain funds for the children. It would basically be a combination of Katmandu and the volunteer being sponsored. No money raised will be taken by our business, not even for products used, it will ALL be paid for by us. EVERYTHING will go to the registered charity CHILDREN IN NEED.
Please put this proposal to your collegues, friends and acquaintances, your help is needed and would be greatly appreciated. We are very serious and dedicated to our work, and offer the highest quality tattoos and are totally registered and sterile. There is no down side to this sponsor, the volunteer gets a free top quality tattoo, you guys get a chance to give a little, we get to give a lot, and in doing all of this, lots of needy kids will get what they need, a helping hand to a better future!
Please don't dismiss this e-mail, we look forward to hearing from you.
You can contact either myself, Rachel Dowsett, or my husband, Tony Dowsett, the tattoo artist himself, on +44 (01205) 360870, pop in to see us if you are in our area, e-mail KATMANDUBOSTON@AOL.COM or even send your donation to us at the address below.
If any of you have any questions just get in touch.
Thank you so much for you time,
26 west street
- global warming will engulf the town
- The crew (and alcohol) in the "indian Queen"
- Hussey Tower.
- I dont live there anymore
- Everything you need is within walking distance
- View from the stump
- Most of the people are great and really friendly. And there is a fantasic atmosphere in the town on market days. Also central park in the summer is really nice (I did all my A'level revision just chilling in the park and I got four A's so I like the place!)
- The cream and green vw camper that cruises about boston! theres a well cool bloke that drives it with really long brown hair! its so nice with its brm wheels. it lightens up my day whenever i see it!
- the really important things haven't even been mentioned. for example freiston shore and the walks to be had there. poems, verse, essays, drawings, pictures, history of that area has yet to be written. i would not come to boston for any of the above because it does not possess them. rather that the natural beauty of the area has yet to be fully documented written and appreciated.
- Good Barns Yard, Wetherspoons, the bowling alley
- Girls are gourgous
- Sexy bloke in Smiths.
- The best things about Boston is that everybody knows everybody, you are guaranteed to know someone, in whatever pub or club you go to, oh, and TP WOODS, the best invention the town has ever had!
- The Guildhall Museum - a fantastic FREE museum that everyone should go to at least once.
- The amazing vehicle that you see around Boston, that transports Ttorrz, Maddy and Sam of Ttorria around Europe on their European Gig Tour - you know, the silver, sign written one that has six wheels and looks quite a 'beast'!
- The car parks. There are so many, which one do you choose?
- Scouts. Most people see the Scout and Guide movements as dull and boring but the people who actually try to find out more realise that things like abseiling, archery, backwoods cooking, camping, swimming, sports, pioneering, assualt courses, climbing, and having fun with mates is actually FUN AND INTERESTING! There's plenty of groups in Boston, so get in touch.
- I went to Boston Park for the 'Party in the Park'. I thought it was really fantastic. Well presented and organised. The music was great, the bands, the school musicians etc. It's suprising how much talent their really is, only we need more events like it to showcase this talent. However, I have to say, Ttorria was absolutely amazing, brilliant voice, superb presentation and wonderful new single. She will go far adn I feel people in Boston need to give her a bit moe credit and support. Well done to her!
- Mum and Dad's Place in the summer...The fresh air. THE WIDE OPEN PLAINS.
- The fruit and veg stall near MacDonalds, every wednesday and saturday. Top class produce,at bargain prices. (You owe me a fiver, now, dad).
- The local friendly residents.
- The Guildhall Museum. Watch out Bostonians, because if you are not careful the council will under fund this fantastic establishment and building. Visit it and support it. It is your local history after all!
- Generally good atmosphere on nights out - trouble virtually non-existant for market town
- Really good live bands and vocalists myself being one of them 'Ttorria' so if your around just look me up!!!
- Beer - cheap Football clubs - Town at Tattersall Rd, and United at York St Market May Fair
- A long historical past and still holds its character today.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Mark Tyler, diane, Ross, craig, mark, karl eldrid, Lizzie Wilson, paddy woods, Samantha Bush, jen mckenzie, Lucy Holmes & Kayleigh Revell, caz, kevin, Mr Chuffy, maria, Esther Wallace, ex- bostonian, Glen Hilton, Sarah Keal, Rick West, hakan, James, lyndamurphy, charlotte booth, Gillian Blackstone, Kirk Green, Laura Hocknell, Adam Woods, katmandu, Charles Cater, kev g, steve, Akbar Del Piombo, Laura, Sedge Warbler, Jonathan May, monty, Paul, Ttorria, Scuff, Liam Ball, Helen!, Mark Hunter-Addy, herbert, Crystal, betty, Thomas Sims, Julie, chris, bob, simon rhoades, Janet Frogman, Pete Ilgrim, Red Jim, woody, peter maddison, Derry, Andrew Haw, Trippy, Diana Bird, soulboy, tJ, max, Sarah White, viv, JD, paul king, ali, p. maddison, Tee Dot Com, JJ, louis kirkham, Helen, kevin charity, Emma Baxter, Mike, me, David Avison, Jack, louis, generic, faye, Sarah Paddock, Katie, Jo, Leo, tony, marcus rollbar, JB-S, Smokey Mojo, mark isaac, jessica, crafties, Sarah, Chris Wander, pikey, maddy wilding, becky, The Lady of Coffee, Windy, Steve Broughton, Nathan, TARIK, Tom O'Brien, Katherine Birkett, Shaun, John, Marcus White, mrs L irving, adam eames, michael taylor, george
Last updated: 2008-02-24
More stuff about Boston
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Boston Knowhere Board