Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Bourne, Lincolnshire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Bourne.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- graham hill... famous car driver
- Jeff Capes lives off in the Fens somewhere...
Raymond Mays, the racing driver, check out his creepy old house. (on Eastgate again)
- ha your joking
- Casper Pound, head of Rising High Records, a massive label that heavily influenced the beginnings of house music in the UK - including the seminal Acperience by Hardfloor.
- Lord Burghley, chancellor to Queen Elisabeth 1st was born here.
Raymond Mays built racing cars here.
Nothing has happened since.
- Hereward the wake, and assorted relatives of Lady Godiva
Lord Burghley (the first one)
Raymond Mays - made racing cars in the 30s and 50s
- Leo Sayer worked as an apprentice electrician in the now defunct Spires electrical shop (it's now a travel agents).
- Hereward the Wake
Worth, the designer and perfume maker
British Racing Motors (BRM)
See Bourne guide http://www.bourne-lincs.org.uk/
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: shaz and danni, Mark Summerskill, Matthew, John Gardner, Sarah Christie, shaun, neil, Matt, terry forsythe, Bob Harvey, mike, Jim, kelly brooks, mich, KillerJess, Robert Penhey, Cussy, Beff, fentiger, r m, Alison, sam, craig gowing, Brunnian, generic, alex, sharon, Jamie
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bourne
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bourne Knowhere Board