Cinemas in Bournemouth, Dorset*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Bournemouth.
- Cinmeas in Bournemouth are really overpriced.
- The best cinema is Empire at Tower Park, becuase it's so big, there is so much choice. Take your own sweets though, they ain't cheap...
- All on "the strip", two odeon's and an ABC, odeon is usually better as u can somtime's get a private screening due to the small and numerous screens. Yet they rarley overlap film shopwings so you may not have much choice.
- the odeon is the best one, better than ABC, spesh if u go to a big screen
- The Odeon: Main Bournemouth cinema. It's very expensive, found next to...
ABC: An odeon also. It is again expensive, but is smaller.
Tower Park: Near Poole. It has a UCI.
- id go a little out of way 2 christchurchs regent street
- odeon where else
- Obviously the Westover Rd ones.
- The odeon on westover road. The beatles played here in the 60's. Its gone a bit downhill since then, but still the best
- UCI's real good but it's a while away from where i live.Odeon and ABC are next best
- abc and odian!!
- Down with the eye-sore max
- Always go to the ones in central Bournemouth...IMAX...what a waste of money
- Knee crushing experiences, all of them. Wait for the video.
- The new IMAX, it has caused us years of grief, it is funnily up and running and is actually rather good!
- UCI is fab, like an American movie theatre.
- Please don't go to the IMAX cinema. It should never have been built because it has destroyed one of the most beautiful views in Bournemouth. Everyone I know who lives in Bournemouth feels this way-no matter what age they are. The cinemas in westover road are just as easy to get to - so please go ther instead.
- UCI - Tower Park is the best, however a bit of a bugger to get 2, why not try odeon instead...
- Odeoen is alrite but u cant beat UCI!Dont rate ABC that much
- Odeon ABC
- odeon on westover road and the abc.
- Imax ain't open yet. It probably never will open. I heard if it's not running by summer 2001 it's gonna get knocked down.
- The Odeon, in my day the Gaumont, and in my Dad's day I think it was the Westover. Wonderful until they chopped it up into God-knows how many screens (some about the size of a Watchman!)
Created as a mirror-image of the Pavilion - there's a little fact for all your Bournemouth-buffs out there. The bar upstairs used to utiliose the balcony and you could stand and sip your drinks whilst looking out over one of the most beautiful bays in the world.
- The Imax cinema on the sea front is huge and has all the latest films.
- Sega world offers expensive but fun entertainment if the weather is bad and the pubs are closed
- ABC Screen 1, cinema as it should be - a really big screen, excellent surround sound and Pullman seats to sink into.
- Superbowl - behind the Cage/Zoo nightclub is excellent all though it needs a lick of paint. also has quaser in the same building
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dilbert, tim, Rich Ewbs, Nicky Williams, Wyn, ezz and raz, simon, Daniel Smith, nobody, Bob McCaffrey, ellen, Lucy, Captain M, alan noke, storm, some guya, Becky Goff, fe, Rick, B S -fluffy, Chris, fred smith, Billy, steve butcher, J, Katie Steele, Bruce Jackson, brigitte barnes, the bitch, Peter Hughes, Claire, kate, davey, mim, haz, MARTYN, robbie boy, Steph, Paul Williams, chris paynter, Concrete Pete, Rusty Judd, Jacquarina, -, Luke parker, Jade Cripps, dave hern, beccy, hagen, mel, /\/\><, Felix, Maddy Eid, Guy, Gemma, Alex Elkins, bossy, Lisa, Rebecca, Richard Slee, deano, JK, Adrian Jefferson-Brown, Joe Bloggs, mike, samtyler, jack, matt, Karin, sally, Ricardo, Molly, Nat Rendell, Alex, Phil Baldock, Jamie, Andy c, Dominique Scott, stuart bridgeman, stan, Sam, Timothy Lambert, firstname.lastname@example.org, jamie strong, John Hart, judith di chio, Freddy, Sam Smith, Allanson Video Productions, Felix!!!, domenic marra, dave lee, Lumia Huhdanpää, rich, STUART HANCOCK, marie hardes, Jon, greebo, Neil Longman, Tony Sentinella, monica taylor, SOMEONE, alex asher, WAYNE IVANY, julian stodd, Andy, Michelle-Louise, klaus F, lex, Vikkie Richmond, charlotte, James green, james, jack maguire, kieran, Claudette, Richard Harker, Dan, rooter, lynda, Becky, HAYDN, Catherine Ward, Ben Nichols, Lynda Davis, Gareth, Alice, dave, Alex Brummitt, Greta, bakerlane records, J Penfold, Dave Morris, David Baldock-Webb, Miles Savva, Bill Brandwood, Laura, Mr Richards, Nick, JULIE MARIA CROLEY, Edward Layden, Ashley Barnett, mark smith, Gaj, Marcus Fila, Paul, marie Morrison, SKATE DONT HATE!, Ami, kirsty, kev, DaveNewman, louise cope, nina, boom, Chris Downer, MR HAT, silver, bex, niki, Martin G, jade barrett, Eric the Girl, Howard Fletcher, lee, Jane, kooben, deni, Al the Anarchist, Dee, chaz, bez, Chrissy, ian, email@example.com, Andrew Fuller, ray wills, dave warlock, busgrrrl, jacob lee, emma, liam, Jess Barsley, SPA, Alan, dave edwards, John Randall, John Maher, ----------------------------------------, generic, Charminster Community Project, Sof, dan riggs, Simon W, carys, Mark, Lewis, Carrie, rob, Brennan, ange, Sarah, Priory Sports, Rachel, charlie, Holly, w nicholls, Kara, Precious, Nick Williams, Jason, Wendy Deacon, craig wilson, John, Ells, Gareth Davies, jeff, Helen Jones, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bournemouth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bournemouth Knowhere Board