Hookup Spots in Bournemouth, Dorset*
Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Bournemouth.
- Great new group for meeting people
- Sandbanks (it does not matter that it is Poole to the person moaning about Poole being different from Bournemouth, get a life, you have Ashley Road..do you want me to start on that!!), Canford Cliffs and Westbourne Village if you are over 30/35, if you are 18-say 27 Bournemouth town centre, not Poole town centre for nightlife it is a dump! Great for sailing though and yacht clubs and old people thinking that because they have lived there since 1802 that they own all of it!! (last bit was a joke... just in case!)
- "The Strip" or the reasonably long road inbetween the pavillion and the cinemas. This is due to it's proximity to the park and major bus stop. Also the market frames slightly into the gardens from there is a slightly more shelterd and private alternative.
- S3TUP, this place is owned n run by skaters.. keepin it real..
AND ITS ALMOST RIGHT NEXT TO THE FAT NEW CONCRETE PARK IN KINGS PARK (BOSCOMBE)
this place is cool.. nuff said
- S3TUP the closest shop to the NEW KINGS PARK DEVELOPMENT.. NEED TO CHECK OUT BOTH THESE THINGS IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A SKATER!
- Asda Carpark! a hang out for skaters and alternatives waiting to enter The Villa
and also for the westover circuit crew to meet up b4 doing their round!
- )S3TUP skate supplies) is a dope little shop, right near the KINGS PARK CONCRETE PARK.. NEED ANYTHING OR TRYING TO FIND SPOTS, drop in and check em out! 100% SKATER OWNED AND RUN... the way it should be!
- james's house
- we go to branksome beach on a friday night to get together with mates and have a good chat and a laugh.
- Starbucks for capachino and nice girls
- We usually meet up outside Borders then go skatin on the marble in the square and around the gardens...*salute maggs*...lewis
- The Flame: The flame in the middle of the square in the general meeting point, so small, so easy to find.
Outside TReds: The only shop in Bournemouth to sell cool shoes like Rocks! A good meeting point as it can be heard from a mile away! Always bangin out some crazy 'boom boom' stuff.
The Place of The Legend Busker: Hmmm He's so cool! It's near the arcade where those crazy candle, glass, arty farty house and home shops are. It's this guy playing the guitar, he is a good meeting point as he's always there!
Outside NewLook: Where those townie girls tend to meet, with their lovely fake gold chains and their dad's soveriegn ring! Oh, so attractive.
- just to let you know .....langdons electric music now has it's website pretty sorted ! check it out at
- the tourch outside the obscura cafe
- setup boardshop is a good place to hook up with skaters n kick it, asda's ussually got some people skatin. the square is a good spot for meetin everyone n skatin, any townies give u ne crap jus hit em with ya board!
- I would just like to say to the stupid and ignorant people in Bournemouth that Sandbanks and Shore Road are in POOLE. I am a Poole resident and am sick and tired of people in Bournemouth thinking that Shore Road and Sandbanks belong to them. THEY DO NOT!!!!!!!
- Outside Borders in the Square is a great place to meet on a rainy day because it is coverd, or just stand in the doorway, they dont mind and it has a hot fan there! yes! Also, the flame (or large pole with a flaming thing on top, as someone called it) ITS A FLAME! its our millenium flame, has been since the millenium funny enough! its slap bang in the middle of the square and easy to spot as a 50ft pink and white polka dot giraffe on speed (just imagine!)!!! Sandbanks beach is gorgeous in the summer evening, just go to the pier, turn right and just keep walking for about half an hour, or get the 152 bus from the square (o/s WH Smiths) to Sandbanks, cross the road through the car park) Sanbanks rules, absolutely brilliant for beach parties, just makes me smile, esspecially with a nice sunset! Take care enjoy our beautiful town, oh if you see townies, smack the bastards!
- i hang out down da square man. i sit on the wall all day every day and get drunk on cheap cider. its propper bow. can i get a rewind.
- great place to meet up is the consortium bar, nice toilets, or some people prefer the cheap and cheerful weatherspoons in the town center, take some id how ever as i have seen 30 year olds get id-ed before, shocking
- Shore Road for great beach parties, at least it used to be.
- Chill in 'SUBWAY' sandwich bar on Holdenhurst Rd (opposite KFC). Stuff ya face with a footlong sub and listen to 'The Fire' on the sound system - free refills on drinks too !
- the square and the gardens in bournemouth are the main places, watch out though the police dont like you drinking alcohol anywhere in bournemouth apart from the beach and they will take it off you
- definatly bournemouth pier theres always a fite goin on down there
- In my day we used to meet outside WHS on the railings by the subway....
- The Westover circuit always has and always will be the hang out for little clueless kids, mouthing off and getting drunk on cider.
- under the bridge at horse shoe common fine as long as you dodge the blood thirsty wine-o's
when you first go into the gardens from the square go through the bushes on your left and there some grass good for drinking, smoking there no on ever looks ther for some reason you can aso climb directly under the square through a tunnel which the river comes out of in the same place
- Legends Cafe bar for the most amazing milkshakes.
- ideal place to "hook up" would be outside metro - the famous take away ... get them drunken birds!!!
- Down Bournemouth Beach. Just behind or in of the 3rd hut along.
- [8 St Osmunds Road, Lower Parkstone, Poole] just a place ppl hang out- go der 2 meet new sk8ers and other tres cool people- evry1 is up 4 a laugh and just sk8 and smoke and hav a jolly gud time! its kinda an old barn/house just a hang out- we'll keep hangin there till sum1 chucks us out (never)
- if your lookingfor a townie, that is mouthy slutty and annoying go anywhere in the bournemouth region.. if your not then check out a skate park or the villa.
- Southborne Beach in the summer, Rileys Pool Bar, Legends make the best milky bar milkshakes.
- Outide Obscura cafe is a great place to meet up with mates
- any where decent like the gardens which is cool in the summer!!
- Westover Road - Grew up hanging there on Friday's or Saturdays, watching people go to pubs/clubs. Then there were the drivers, round and round Westover and Upper Hinton Road. In the Summer we would party on the beach under the stars (and probably running from older, drunk people!)
- Anywhere in the gardens, or the square, or by the pier, if ur goin to the beach.
- 4 teenagerz- outside the cinemas and sega park @ about 10:00pm onwardz, Fri an saturday, when it really startz 2 kick in Bournemouth
- Everyone hangs in the gardens or behind the band stand, if theres nobody there check out the Consortium.
- I visit from America every year or so and love to people watch on the pier, the gardens in the center of town walking to the pier or at the Square. Lots of interesting people to come home to my friend's house and tell him about.
- .Brilliant skate spot after the war memorial.Go to the back of the memorial where the two lions are,then go up the stairs opposite them.Once you are up the stairs cross the road and skatboard down the white paved path,until you reach a load of red stairs.Go up those stairs and once you are up them cross the road.Over the road is a huge seven stair and a small ledge(good for grinding).It doesn't stop there though!if you start back at the top of the red stairs and cross the road,ignore the seven stair and turn left and go up the hill.After a while you will reach a drive that goes into a business complex ,to the left of the drive are some stairs go up these and keep on walking and after a while you will come across a four stair(good for grabs and kickflips down)and on the other side of the four stair is a two stair ,which is good if you want to practice bigger tricks down things.Well thats all from me,I hope you print htis off and have fun at my spot,this is also a brilliant place to meet other skaters.SO HAVE FUN AND BE COMPLETELY SICK ON YOUR BOARD EVERYDAY TO KEEP THOSE ANNOYING PARENTS AWAY.STUEY B.
- It is hilarious watching the readily pissed up kids trying to get into the more mature pubs (Brasshouse, Moon In The Square and many more)and being laughed at by the bouncers! If your skint i suggest you totter about watching them, trade marks of the kids : reebok classics, Helly Hanson jackets and a litre of cider!
- Westover Road for under-16s drinking Hooch and watching "lads" in XR3i's go screaming around "the circuit".
- Square around the clocktower during summer attracts the crowds.
- Sandbanks - summer evenings.
- The university car park is a haven for underage drinkers who are also spotted unsuccesfully trying to get into the student bar.
- The Pier
- Down Old Christchurch road, outside 'The Chippy' anytime after 11.30, it's always buzzing
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dilbert, tim, Rich Ewbs, Nicky Williams, Wyn, ezz and raz, simon, Daniel Smith, nobody, Bob McCaffrey, ellen, Lucy, Captain M, alan noke, storm, some guya, Becky Goff, fe, Rick, B S -fluffy, Chris, fred smith, Billy, steve butcher, J, Katie Steele, Bruce Jackson, brigitte barnes, the bitch, Peter Hughes, Claire, kate, davey, mim, haz, MARTYN, robbie boy, Steph, Paul Williams, chris paynter, Concrete Pete, Rusty Judd, Jacquarina, -, Luke parker, Jade Cripps, dave hern, beccy, hagen, mel, /\/\><, Felix, Maddy Eid, Guy, Gemma, Alex Elkins, bossy, Lisa, Rebecca, Richard Slee, deano, JK, Adrian Jefferson-Brown, Joe Bloggs, mike, samtyler, jack, matt, Karin, sally, Ricardo, Molly, Nat Rendell, Alex, Phil Baldock, Jamie, Andy c, Dominique Scott, stuart bridgeman, stan, Sam, Timothy Lambert, firstname.lastname@example.org, jamie strong, John Hart, judith di chio, Freddy, Sam Smith, Allanson Video Productions, Felix!!!, domenic marra, dave lee, Lumia Huhdanpää, rich, STUART HANCOCK, marie hardes, Jon, greebo, Neil Longman, Tony Sentinella, monica taylor, SOMEONE, alex asher, WAYNE IVANY, julian stodd, Andy, Michelle-Louise, klaus F, lex, Vikkie Richmond, charlotte, James green, james, jack maguire, kieran, Claudette, Richard Harker, Dan, rooter, lynda, Becky, HAYDN, Catherine Ward, Ben Nichols, Lynda Davis, Gareth, Alice, dave, Alex Brummitt, Greta, bakerlane records, J Penfold, Dave Morris, David Baldock-Webb, Miles Savva, Bill Brandwood, Laura, Mr Richards, Nick, JULIE MARIA CROLEY, Edward Layden, Ashley Barnett, mark smith, Gaj, Marcus Fila, Paul, marie Morrison, SKATE DONT HATE!, Ami, kirsty, kev, DaveNewman, louise cope, nina, boom, Chris Downer, MR HAT, silver, bex, niki, Martin G, jade barrett, Eric the Girl, Howard Fletcher, lee, Jane, kooben, deni, Al the Anarchist, Dee, chaz, bez, Chrissy, ian, email@example.com, Andrew Fuller, ray wills, dave warlock, busgrrrl, jacob lee, emma, liam, Jess Barsley, SPA, Alan, dave edwards, John Randall, John Maher, ----------------------------------------, generic, Charminster Community Project, Sof, dan riggs, Simon W, carys, Mark, Lewis, Carrie, rob, Brennan, ange, Sarah, Priory Sports, Rachel, charlie, Holly, w nicholls, Kara, Precious, Nick Williams, Jason, Wendy Deacon, craig wilson, John, Ells, Gareth Davies, jeff, Helen Jones, Steve
Last updated: 2015-02-13
More stuff about Bournemouth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bournemouth Knowhere Board