Buskers, Street Entertainers in Bournemouth, Dorset*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Bournemouth.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- why do people keep going on about how gorgeous bournemouth girls are? i dont get it as once you take away that orange glow and mummys makeup there is nothing pretty about them..yeh they look good for about two hours in the dark club.. from a distance then wait for it landslide of make-up melting!! false hair literally false everything!
- Crazy Guy with the ultra cool acoustic can usually be found strummin and hummin in the park or outside mac d's.
- who does the Charlie Chaplin look a like collect for ? I v'e seen him posing for a photo with Cherie Blair but that hardly lends him any cred !!
- Dont forget Crazy Dave from Southbourne.Used to run around the streets shouting about thunderstorms and along the promenade shouting at people not to go in the sea when its raining!
- OLD DIRTY BROWN
AKA JOHN BROWN
AKA JOHNNY B
AKA FATMAN BROWN
AKA BROWN PANTS
AKA SPECIAL B
- old geezers in winton begs for fag money beard and long clothes
- Anyone seen the old guy selling the "Big Issue" next to BHS, with brand new, sparkling white "Nike Air Max" trainers on ?
- The busker with the two-stringed guitar has shuffled off to the big Shop Corner in the Sky? RIP. But what, pray tell me, has happened to "Moses"? I say "Moses" althoughI don't know his real name. He is/was the chap who, as long ago as he early 1970s had long-Iggy-style black hair and wore leather trousers summer and winter and just... well, wandered around all day long. I saw him when last I visted B'mth some 5 years ago. Any news? BTW am an old boy of the town, now live in tsunami-hit Phuket. Ho hum.
- watch out for money begger in winton wimborne rd nr waitrose
- loonies, plenty can be seen in bournemouth sat by the side of cash macines fri and sat nites
- WOW WHAT A CLASS SECTION!
The Legend: He is always there near the arty arcade. With his guitar. He's oh so Acoustic. Dido/Damien Rice fans, You'll love im! I love him, but not his music! He's class!
Charlie Chaplin: Not the real one, obviously! He used to be there literally every day! But I think he got done for keeping the money he got, rather than giving it to charity! Hehehe Apparently he is now found in Poole!
- greg! hes the best little darling guitar player rock on greg ashton (hes hot 2)
- the dude who has a harmonica n a guitar n wears a cool hat n sings n dances n is well happy! this dude deserves your money he kool n hes not a smack head either!
- Hillarious Chaplin impersonator drives me effin mad outside Debenhams. Walks on the spot, twiddles his cane and blows a ruddy whistle all the live long day Aarghhhhh. He's a busker not a charity collector so only give if you are truly entertained.
- I saw that Charlie Chaplin dude chasing someone round the square last summer after they stole his hat. He was going mental and screaming "you're shite, you're all shite". Then this police woman tried to calm him down and he was still going crazy at anyone who dared look in his direction. There's definately something a bit sinister about him. I can't say I'd be surprised if it turned out he doesn't give the money to kids charities at all, but maybe I'm just being...(some word that I can't think of to protect me from being libelous)
- That guy with the Dragon - Mr Merlin, he's in the Gardens in the summer, funny man - not just for kids - go and see him.
- my friends sisters uncles friends dads ex wifes friends great grandads great grand sons daughters friend
- gunnis the dog.
- Huckleberries, the Stick (although a wierd instrument, he is good) the pan pipe ban
Colin, the old tramp in Charminster hassling kids and everyone for money and the time. Other than that he is usually seen swigging pop outside Sweets or Cyber Cafe.
- Gordon, the old bloke who is always hanging about outside Toko or Bliss on a Friday, Saturday, or lets face it, any other night of the week
- SECOND TO NONE - world famous championship breakdancers (as seen on numerous pop videos, MTV, SKy sports etc...) all live in Bournemouth.
- the block with the weird beard always playing in the gardens
- Town always has buskers near the square and in the center
- spread the tradition of random hugs! saturdays bournemouth square ask sum1 u dont no 4 a random hug!
- Down with the eye-sore max
- The guy in Boscombe, wears bright clothes, sings and dances...he is cool!
- who remembers the old gypsies who used to sell heather and fresias in the square?
- GORDON! Gordon is the mumbling father christmas look-a-like with VERY longer finger nails who wears a blue parker jacket! He's lovely although a little scary! He doesn't wear a watch, but always knows the time! Try it. He's a HUGE AFC B'mth fan and goes mad when you mention them!
- the cool bloke who sings with a guitar called domonic,wincingly out of tune but we love him . Beware charlie chaplin he is the devil re-enbodied he swears at use and hits us with his stick
- Barney Bey-Fantastic!
- Watch out 4 a old tramp called GORDON likes 2 hang outside Bliss (the classy bar!!) with his 30 year old bournemouth scaff... Old , Mad but completly harmless!!!
- The name of the 'old bloke', as someone called him, who passed away, was actually named 'Mr. Potter'.
- The 2 stringed guitar man, where has he gone! I fear the worse has happend
- The mad bloke who not only busks during the day, and evening, but actually NEVER stops singing...even when shopping, eating and partaking in other activities which definitely do not require him to sing!!! Nevertheless, he does put a smile on my face, and after all, he is an entertainer, and he's doing it well!
- I once saw the old guy who plays the two stringed guitar in a music shop in Westbourne buying a plectrum!
- The old 'Charlie Chaplin look-a-like' who marches on the spot all day for charity with his toy tapedeck playing classical music. He must have calf muscles like a marathon runner!
- Busking is encouraged in Bournemouth which makes the atmosphere cool. Check out the man playing the dodgy guitar he calls the "Stick".
- The old guy who strums his guitar (You know who I'm talking about) came into McD's once while I was eating my big mac and yelled at me. Told me what a stupid jackass I was and all that. Scared me out of my mind.
- That dude, the guy with the guitar ... his name is Elvis!
- always sit by McDonald;s when visiting and listen to some of the folks playing music -- some good some not so great. Too bad a piano isnt portable i might set myself up some day just to say what pennies i might rake in
- THE OLD MAN! with about 4 strings on his guitar makes money by strumming some random, own invented, imaginary chord and sings " My names Jimmy " or some shit like that... what talent we have in Bournemouth. There is also me and my mate Julia who you might see some day in the holidays when we can be fagged to get out of bed early enough to get the slot under the clock, near MacD's... and i think it's safe to say were better than the Old Man!
- seem to have been replaced by beggars. Outside McDonalds or in the square are popular. Beware the salvation army in the run up to Christmas.
- The old bloke who plays the guitar with two strings outside Debenhams.
- All hang out neat McDonalds on old X'church Road.
- Snowy, the old man, with two strings on his guitar and no coordination. He's been there for years, outside the NatWest on the Square. Give him 50p, he is class
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dilbert, tim, Rich Ewbs, Nicky Williams, Wyn, ezz and raz, simon, Daniel Smith, nobody, Bob McCaffrey, ellen, Lucy, Captain M, alan noke, storm, some guya, Becky Goff, fe, Rick, B S -fluffy, Chris, fred smith, Billy, steve butcher, J, Katie Steele, Bruce Jackson, brigitte barnes, the bitch, Peter Hughes, Claire, kate, davey, mim, haz, MARTYN, robbie boy, Steph, Paul Williams, chris paynter, Concrete Pete, Rusty Judd, Jacquarina, -, Luke parker, Jade Cripps, dave hern, beccy, hagen, mel, /\/\><, Felix, Maddy Eid, Guy, Gemma, Alex Elkins, bossy, Lisa, Rebecca, Richard Slee, deano, JK, Adrian Jefferson-Brown, Joe Bloggs, mike, samtyler, jack, matt, Karin, sally, Ricardo, Molly, Nat Rendell, Alex, Phil Baldock, Jamie, Andy c, Dominique Scott, stuart bridgeman, stan, Sam, Timothy Lambert, email@example.com, jamie strong, John Hart, judith di chio, Freddy, Sam Smith, Allanson Video Productions, Felix!!!, domenic marra, dave lee, Lumia Huhdanpää, rich, STUART HANCOCK, marie hardes, Jon, greebo, Neil Longman, Tony Sentinella, monica taylor, SOMEONE, alex asher, WAYNE IVANY, julian stodd, Andy, Michelle-Louise, klaus F, lex, Vikkie Richmond, charlotte, James green, james, jack maguire, kieran, Claudette, Richard Harker, Dan, rooter, lynda, Becky, HAYDN, Catherine Ward, Ben Nichols, Lynda Davis, Gareth, Alice, dave, Alex Brummitt, Greta, bakerlane records, J Penfold, Dave Morris, David Baldock-Webb, Miles Savva, Bill Brandwood, Laura, Mr Richards, Nick, JULIE MARIA CROLEY, Edward Layden, Ashley Barnett, mark smith, Gaj, Marcus Fila, Paul, marie Morrison, SKATE DONT HATE!, Ami, kirsty, kev, DaveNewman, louise cope, nina, boom, Chris Downer, MR HAT, silver, bex, niki, Martin G, jade barrett, Eric the Girl, Howard Fletcher, lee, Jane, kooben, deni, Al the Anarchist, Dee, chaz, bez, Chrissy, ian, firstname.lastname@example.org, Andrew Fuller, ray wills, dave warlock, busgrrrl, jacob lee, emma, liam, Jess Barsley, SPA, Alan, dave edwards, John Randall, John Maher, ----------------------------------------, generic, Charminster Community Project, Sof, dan riggs, Simon W, carys, Mark, Lewis, Carrie, rob, Brennan, ange, Sarah, Priory Sports, Rachel, charlie, Holly, w nicholls, Kara, Precious, Nick Williams, Jason, Wendy Deacon, craig wilson, John, Ells, Gareth Davies, jeff, Helen Jones, Steve
Last updated: 2009-05-27
More stuff about Bournemouth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bournemouth Knowhere Board