Live Music Venues in Bournemouth, Dorset*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Bournemouth.
Live Music Venues
- Not many bands come to Bournemouth, there is the BIC Pavilion or the reopened Opera House but a trip to Southampton is in order for bigger bands that people actually like.
- The Portman Hotel in Boscombe features up and coming live bands quite a bit. Also I see the Gander (now just the upstairs) is having a bit of a revival - thank God!
- The Opera House is a 2400 capacity live entertainments venue - offering the biggest names in live music, stand-up comedy, club nights and parties. Live music license till 5am - http://www.operahouse.co.uk
- most pubs
- B.I.C. hosts the bigger peeps. BB.king recently played along with Bob Dylan. Expect bigger bands now as they just built an extension onto the main hall.
- The Consortium- formerly a bad ass skateshop, now a happening night spot- Previous guests include- Blak Twang, Aspects, Ugly Duckling, Vanilla Pod, MarkB and Blade, Nextmen- DMC Finals.
The Firestation- has seen guests as Estelle, Skinny man, Rodney P- but the f**cker never shows up (that is a diss)Ugly Duckling, The Takeover Crew...
- Mr Smiths The villa
- mr smiths, good atmosphere good bands
- Shhh... the brand new night sets to take Bournemouth by storm. Launching on Saturday 5th March 2005 & then the first sat of the month thereafter. A night dedicated to quality House Music with the countries finest Dj's.
Definately 1 to go to. check www.elitedjs.co.uk for full details
- Mr Smiths has alternative punk / metal and other nights on 7 days a week..check it out!
- Fusion, Mr Smiths, The Villa
- In the skater/goth/alternative shops there are always little black and white leaflets of local gigs at:
The Villa: Always cool!
Mr Smiths: Also very cool!
The BIC(Bournemouth International Centre): Usually very crap but occassionaly we see the likes of InMe.
If you go to school then you'll here about gigs at various village/memorial halls with good school bands playing!
- The stage they but up on the peir is awsome
- St Clements Church, St Clements Road, Boscombe.New venue. Home to Stromenti String Quartet, resident professional quartet specializing in accessible popular classics. Concert tickets tel 01202 773587
- Mr Smiths is great, O'Neils also good for late night drinking but band can get ignored a bit. Overall Mr Kyps in Boscombe. Best sound, best stage big room (200 max) room at th ebar even when full. Need I say more ? Better beer would help !
- Dear Friends
We need your help! On 13 February at around 10pm in the Villa in Bournemouth there is a fantastic band competition. The band with the most fans will win a record deal! It will be just stunning. Have you heard of “FEVER TREE”? They are the most promising rock band in BOURNEMOUTH! If you like Stereophonix, Smashing Pumpkins or the Darkness you are in a great treat. Tickets are just £5 and you will be guaranteed a great nights entertainment as well as making sure that FEVER TREE the local band are getting the record deal that they deserve. After the concert you can enjoy a great party until 2am,same location!! Forget London, the great Rock Night happens here. Call now for your tickets.
Thank you for your support.
Tel: 07708 922390 or 01202 757147
- the villa man. and club x. crazy goths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
- BIC mainly word has it the darkness are playing some time in december so the place must be good. Also smaller places such as Mr.Smiths and the villa if you fancy something alternative, or just plain opera house for a mad night at slinky, also the slinky balls are wicked, usually held at the BIC.
- Above the Punch and Judy on Westbourne Hill, a tiny nusic venue for local bands. Used to be great - wonder if it's still there....
- The Gander definitely!!!!
- Mr Smiths by the triangle is the best known for live music. Check out who is playing on www.livewirelistings.co.uk or www.where-r.co.uk, these are both usually up to date. ALso Mr Kyps can have really good acts on - its in poole and has a website.
- mister smiths up in the triangle has really good music from ska to rock to nu-metal to dub etc etc
- Mr Smiths, Triangle - From relaxed acoustic nights to a full on mosh! Something for everyone.
- The BIC I guess
- There's sometimes some good bands at the Villa or the Gander.
- mr kyps
- Mr Smiths is cool, and the place round the back of the Central Bars in Ashley Cross.
- the gander on the green when pronghorn are playing
- The Central in Parkstone. the music haunt of everyone from Bournemouth and Poole
- Try out the "hole in the wall" down an alley behind the army shop in Lansdowne Road, not easy to find. (Was an ex-servicemens club now totally revamped)
Wendy 01202 319966
- BIC - is the main venue - recently held the slinky tour until bournemouth council cancelled it.... spoil sports
- vila, gander on the green has sum decent stuff
- BIC, we've had some awesome times at the BIC, almost as good as Brixton.
- jumpin jacks by the pier
- Mr Smith's, up on Poole Hill towards Westbourne always have a variety of musicians and bands. If you get the chance, go see Nick Harper, an amazing guitarist, which is even better in such a unique and intimate little venue. Something for everyone there. The BIC is OK sometimes, keep your eyes open for the little gems that pop up there now and again!
- COMING SOON K1
- Club X has lots of live bands throughout the entire week.
My fave is The Gander which has recently had the downstairs stage area refurbished. The bands are (without exception) of a high quality, attracting tribute bands and original bands both local and from afar. Recent bands that have made an appearence are "Glorious", Kava Kava (Glastonbury), G13 and many more including the "Axl Rose" who appeared on Stars in their Eyes.
Pop in and see us if you enjoy a relaxed atmosphere, brilliant music, good value for money food and friendly people!!! We're not as scary as we look!!!
- The BIC hosts concerts all the time.
- Feb 2000. I notice the live music scene is becoming a bit quiter recently. Hope it's just a seasonal thing. Still, we still have the old faithfuls like the Gander and Mr Smiths, which seems to have improved lately. My fave band Unforgiven Kingdom play those two venues (http:www.unforgivenkingdom.com) I was a bit peed off when I went to Club Xclusive last month after a gig at Mr Smiths only to be charges £4 to get in (I am a member and there was no live gig). Shan't be going again if that carries on. Poole still seems to be in front when it comes to rock venues, so come on Bournemouth, I love you madly, gimme some more metal!
- If you can get out to Southbourne then every Thursday and Sunday the MALT & HOPS pub has good live bands starting at roughly 8.30-9pm which fit into the pop and rock mould. No cover charge. Easy listening music is to be found further afield in Ringwoods FURLONG pub (a good Ringwood Brewery Pub) they have live music every Tuesday night and then at the weekends
if you don't like the live music to be found in the pubs on Poole Quay front then go to the RED SHOOT pub up in Linwood in the New Forest. It's in the middle of nowhere, but it's popular and you get a good crowd there.
- Poole Arts centre (okay it's not Bournemouth but it's close)
- BIC (Bournemouth International Centre)
- Univeristy students Union
- The Hot House the only real rock pub left. Except for the Gander on the Green, and perhaps Mr Smiths Piano Bar.
- There are far more rock pubs around, the most notable being the Steam House Cafe in Southourne. At present, places to be seen are Woodies, above the Criterion pub aka. the Cri.
- There are loads of excellent young live bands in Bournemouth but hardly anywhere for them to play - if the pubs/ clubs got it together Bournemouth should be the next cool town for UK live music.
- Hey! I went to Mr Smiths and quite like it... just a kind of pub with young bands playing... cool...
- The Gardening Club has live music during the week.
- I agree the Gander is Excellent, go in and ask if they know Jade (me) - 'cos they will !!
- i read with tounge in cheek your music guide to bournemouth very good. but one amendment to the list is mr smiths is the place for live bands mostly tribute bands for example hear is the list we have seen in the last month its every bit as good as the brook more intimate,ÊÊ Tonight we had a cracking set from who's who tribute, we have the hamsters next sunday what more could one want? we have seen in the last month Hamish stuart, acdc tribute , areosmith tribute whitesnake the origial yes with mr marsden and co now called company of snakes limehouse lizzy an incredable band better than lizzy we think, whole lot of zep, the producers, The agency , Glen tillbrook yes him from squeeze, Julie stein (dear jon) 24carrot purple larry miller the phenomenal proud puppies the next pistols hugh cornwell (yes him from the stanglers)nick harper, we have due both steely dan tribute bands nearly dan and the dan steele orchestra , and more so maybe mr smiths for pub rock should be a definate mr smiths for the best pub rock tickets are from £6 for tribute bands.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dilbert, tim, Rich Ewbs, Nicky Williams, Wyn, ezz and raz, simon, Daniel Smith, nobody, Bob McCaffrey, ellen, Lucy, Captain M, alan noke, storm, some guya, Becky Goff, fe, Rick, B S -fluffy, Chris, fred smith, Billy, steve butcher, J, Katie Steele, Bruce Jackson, brigitte barnes, the bitch, Peter Hughes, Claire, kate, davey, mim, haz, MARTYN, robbie boy, Steph, Paul Williams, chris paynter, Concrete Pete, Rusty Judd, Jacquarina, -, Luke parker, Jade Cripps, dave hern, beccy, hagen, mel, /\/\><, Felix, Maddy Eid, Guy, Gemma, Alex Elkins, bossy, Lisa, Rebecca, Richard Slee, deano, JK, Adrian Jefferson-Brown, Joe Bloggs, mike, samtyler, jack, matt, Karin, sally, Ricardo, Molly, Nat Rendell, Alex, Phil Baldock, Jamie, Andy c, Dominique Scott, stuart bridgeman, stan, Sam, Timothy Lambert, firstname.lastname@example.org, jamie strong, John Hart, judith di chio, Freddy, Sam Smith, Allanson Video Productions, Felix!!!, domenic marra, dave lee, Lumia Huhdanpää, rich, STUART HANCOCK, marie hardes, Jon, greebo, Neil Longman, Tony Sentinella, monica taylor, SOMEONE, alex asher, WAYNE IVANY, julian stodd, Andy, Michelle-Louise, klaus F, lex, Vikkie Richmond, charlotte, James green, james, jack maguire, kieran, Claudette, Richard Harker, Dan, rooter, lynda, Becky, HAYDN, Catherine Ward, Ben Nichols, Lynda Davis, Gareth, Alice, dave, Alex Brummitt, Greta, bakerlane records, J Penfold, Dave Morris, David Baldock-Webb, Miles Savva, Bill Brandwood, Laura, Mr Richards, Nick, JULIE MARIA CROLEY, Edward Layden, Ashley Barnett, mark smith, Gaj, Marcus Fila, Paul, marie Morrison, SKATE DONT HATE!, Ami, kirsty, kev, DaveNewman, louise cope, nina, boom, Chris Downer, MR HAT, silver, bex, niki, Martin G, jade barrett, Eric the Girl, Howard Fletcher, lee, Jane, kooben, deni, Al the Anarchist, Dee, chaz, bez, Chrissy, ian, email@example.com, Andrew Fuller, ray wills, dave warlock, busgrrrl, jacob lee, emma, liam, Jess Barsley, SPA, Alan, dave edwards, John Randall, John Maher, ----------------------------------------, generic, Charminster Community Project, Sof, dan riggs, Simon W, carys, Lewis, Carrie, rob, Brennan, ange, Sarah, Priory Sports, Rachel, charlie, Holly, w nicholls, Kara, Precious, Nick Williams, Jason, Wendy Deacon, craig wilson, John, Ells, Gareth Davies, jeff, Helen Jones, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bournemouth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bournemouth Knowhere Board