Record Shops in Bournemouth, Dorset*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Bournemouth.
- There's quite a good collector's record shop in Old Christchurch Road heading towards the Lansdowne Roundabout.
- Avid Records near the Triangle has huge selection of second hand rock - good turnover. Snupeas in Boscome has massive cheap selection but most in poor condition. Essential Records near the town centre bus stops is the best place for new CDs.
- Essential Music, near Westover, Bournemouth.
- Essential music, Dragion Discs
- essential music
- hmv but the cheapest at the moment is mvc in poole in their sale
- Essential right by the bus ranks int he centre of town is the best independent for non-dance music in town. They always seem to have something i want for £5-7 on CD, recent purchases including PJ Harvey, DJ Format and The Ramones!
Avid in the triangle district is quite good for vinyl. Sadly Stand Out closed down years ago but you can always drive to the original branch in Salisbury. other than that jump on the train and go to london...Sister Ray, Rought Trade, All Ages etc etc
- ESSENTIAL MUSIC IN BMOUTH IS AWFUL. AFTER GETTING DOWN THE STAIRS WITH A SMALL KID TO BUY SUM CDS THE 2MEMBERS OF STAFF REFUSED TO LET THE WEE LAD(3YRS OLD)USE THE BOG IN THE END HE DIDNT MAKE IT TO THE PUBLIC LOO N HAD TO URINATE IN THE STREET!!ROCK ON ESSSENTIAL MUSIC
- hmv best selection of cds dvds at reasonable prices,poundland in boscombe soverign centre sometimes a find
- Rare Groove Records in boscombe must be without doubt the best record shop in the south. For such a small shop you can pick up almost everything www.raregrooverecords.com check it out!
- YDNA surf skate sounds is selling punk/ska cd's and DVDs. Epitaph ones are £10.49 mostly. Their selection has grown recently and is expanding. Good place for alternative stuff generally! Website has stock info www.punkandska.co.uk
- MVC: Used to be the place to go as it sells other stuff than chart rubbish. But they closed it down damn it! WHY!
Behind Birthdays, Near the Bus Stops: This is my fave record shop! Though I don't know it's name! Sells a good selection of rock. Very good, and sometimes you can get a bargain!
Westbourne: There is a cool second hand cd, dvd shop which I like. The other week I bought 'In Utero' for a fiver! It's reallly good.
Square Records: About 25 minutes drive from Bournemouth in Wimborne! It's really good though, sells Inde and Rock stuff aswell as Townie rubbish.
- Fm records they rule and they have the coolest doodles on the wall sorry no singles here but every band ever!
- Big Brother in Parkstone - I could waste all day in there. Loads of cool posters and huge selection of new but mostly used CD's, tapes etc
- Essential Music, down along the row of bus stops opposite WH smiths, jsut carry on walking, go thru the crowds of people waiting for a bus! its on your left, and also carry on walking to Jessops (photo shop) i work there!
- rare groove records in boscome a new record shop selling us house , funky house , trance , hardhouse , r'n'b , hip hop , drum & bass , disco & mash up's is the best record shop in bornemouth
- rare groove records had lots of selection behind richer sounds in boscombe
- hmmmmm..... hmv in the centre
- MVC in Westover Road - no competition!
- cool record shop near the bus stations that sells cd's at really great affordable prices and chances are if you are looking for a particularly rare cd they will have it
- On corner of Ashley Road and Christchurch Road in Boscombe is a amall record shop called Snoop-Peas, (or something like it). Lots of secondhand stuff at fair prices
- Snupeas in Boscombe, Bus Stop Records in Westbourne and Carnival Records in Parkstone are all worth having a look in.
- Avid records in the triangle
- Essential Music near where all the cinemas are
- essential music near the square do good music and good prices
- destiny records is fucking amzing if u is in 2 dj!!!and the other usaual shops!!!!!!
- No where here sells the obscure American music I but so I tend to buy over the net, do find the odd thing in HMV however.
- bib brother in parkstone - great vibe, new and used gear.
- Uptown records once upon a time on Commercial Hill.
Now, the little CD shop next to John Anthony in Gervis Place, cheaper than anywhere!
- essential music excellent
- Essential music. You get all new releases her for £9.99
- HMV only i'm afraid, avoid MVC due to the total lack of knowledge about anything
- Firstly if your a dj then you gotta check out elusive records & dj store
in winton , www.elusiverecords.co.uk i believe is the website
- STRICTLY BEATS - old christchruch rd sells a lot of hard house - fantastic
- Essential Music. Good alternative selection at good prices. Go there for hip-hop and indie-rock.
- essential music- bmouth, red rock records- poole
- Stand Out has now closed down..that shop kicked ass!!
- Bournemouth has a distinct lack of 'good' record stores. Amazon.co.uk!
- standout, hmv and essential records are the best locally
- MVC...generally cheaper than the rest (definitely cheaper than HMV)!
- HMV is really good
- brand new record shop in WINTON BOURNEMOUTH ELUSIVE RECORDS ALSO HAS SOME OTHER TASTY THINGS IN STORE
DJ BOOKINGS-DJ EQUIP-SOUND & LIGHTING -RECORDING STUDIOS
OPENING APRIL SO I HERE!
- Destiny Records - Good selection of Underground tunes, pretty decent prices.
Solid State - Latest Hard House released on Vinyl, Watch out for Chris, the nasty fat camp guy that runs the store..he can be quite rude..what a queen!
- Avid records in The Triangle. Lots + lots + lots of second hand vinyl. All
music styles. Has a few second hand CDs & videos as well, but is mainly vinyl
- House, US garage and Trance go to Solid State under M2 clothing. For D&B go to Destiny records on Christchurch road near the KFC.
Stand Out and Phat Tracks are both near Destiny and sell everything. Up the road from Destiny is a dodgy hiphop shop which sells good battle records.
- Essential Music down on Gervis Place is bloody good - cheap cheap new CD's - I thought it was second hand stuff it was so cheap, have an excellent back catalogue of stuff and helpful staff - the two girls are very nice!
- Stand out is a great independant record store and has a load of rare CD's. Also suppliess some clothing.
Good on for both Metallers and Dance freaks! its down old christchurch road near Horse Shoe common.
- HMV (very exspensive). MVC. Our Price x2.
- Vibe Records has shut down.
- Fat Trax has a good selection of Drum and Bass.
- Recordelections - Winton - most excellent records, tapes and CD's wide variety but mainly rock
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: dilbert, tim, Rich Ewbs, Nicky Williams, Wyn, ezz and raz, simon, Daniel Smith, nobody, Bob McCaffrey, ellen, Lucy, Captain M, alan noke, storm, some guya, Becky Goff, fe, Rick, B S -fluffy, Chris, fred smith, Billy, steve butcher, J, Katie Steele, Bruce Jackson, brigitte barnes, the bitch, Peter Hughes, Claire, kate, davey, mim, haz, MARTYN, robbie boy, Steph, Paul Williams, chris paynter, Concrete Pete, Rusty Judd, Jacquarina, -, Luke parker, Jade Cripps, dave hern, beccy, hagen, mel, /\/\><, Felix, Maddy Eid, Guy, Gemma, Alex Elkins, bossy, Lisa, Rebecca, Richard Slee, deano, JK, Adrian Jefferson-Brown, Joe Bloggs, mike, samtyler, jack, matt, Karin, sally, Ricardo, Molly, Nat Rendell, Alex, Phil Baldock, Jamie, Andy c, Dominique Scott, stuart bridgeman, stan, Sam, Timothy Lambert, email@example.com, jamie strong, John Hart, judith di chio, Freddy, Sam Smith, Allanson Video Productions, Felix!!!, domenic marra, dave lee, Lumia Huhdanpää, rich, STUART HANCOCK, marie hardes, Jon, greebo, Neil Longman, Tony Sentinella, monica taylor, SOMEONE, alex asher, WAYNE IVANY, julian stodd, Andy, Michelle-Louise, klaus F, lex, Vikkie Richmond, charlotte, James green, james, jack maguire, kieran, Claudette, Richard Harker, Dan, rooter, lynda, Becky, HAYDN, Catherine Ward, Ben Nichols, Lynda Davis, Gareth, Alice, dave, Alex Brummitt, Greta, bakerlane records, J Penfold, Dave Morris, David Baldock-Webb, Miles Savva, Bill Brandwood, Laura, Mr Richards, Nick, JULIE MARIA CROLEY, Edward Layden, Ashley Barnett, mark smith, Gaj, Marcus Fila, Paul, marie Morrison, SKATE DONT HATE!, Ami, kirsty, kev, DaveNewman, louise cope, nina, boom, Chris Downer, MR HAT, silver, bex, niki, Martin G, jade barrett, Eric the Girl, Howard Fletcher, lee, Jane, kooben, deni, Al the Anarchist, Dee, chaz, bez, Chrissy, ian, firstname.lastname@example.org, Andrew Fuller, ray wills, dave warlock, busgrrrl, jacob lee, emma, liam, Jess Barsley, SPA, Alan, dave edwards, John Randall, John Maher, ----------------------------------------, generic, Charminster Community Project, Sof, dan riggs, Simon W, carys, Mark, Lewis, Carrie, rob, Brennan, ange, Sarah, Priory Sports, Rachel, charlie, Holly, w nicholls, Kara, Precious, Nick Williams, Jason, Wendy Deacon, craig wilson, John, Ells, Gareth Davies, jeff, Helen Jones, Steve
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bournemouth
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bournemouth Knowhere Board