Record Shops in Bracknell, Berkshire*
The places where you buy your music
You can tell us more about Bracknell.
- hmv the only music shop its a ghost town u know!
- Go into Reading and go to Sound Machine in the Harris Arcade. It's got an amazing selection of hard to find music.
- MVC just closed down. I go up to Reading or London. There are a few places in the arcade nr the station in reading selling old indy records. For Vinyl in B'nell it is HMV.
- there are actually a good couple of record shop in town centre
- Again, I would recommend Reading or Guildford for specialist stuff...here we put up with HMV and MVC
- HMV........opposite superdrug near princess square. MVC near mccdonalds.
both not bad. MVC cheaper. HMV better.
- we all go to reading for the best cd's cause hmv and mvc are full of bloody townies
- Rock Box in Camberley is the place to go for cheap CDs and something a bit different.
- There used to be a place called ABCDs but alas it's shut down. However internet and London aside, there is still Sound Machine in the Harris arcade in Reading. Not strictly in Bracknell but hey,it gives you an excuse to leave.
- Woolies is the most competitive
- Sainsburys... It does stand out from the rest... £9.99 for an album.
- yeh... right? what in bracknell? bracknell is shite for shops.
- None. Recently got an HMV, but what's special about that?
- In the old co-op building there use to be a record department where you could request a record and go in a booth and listen to it (this was in the 60's) very trendy
Our Price, er - thats it.
- bracknell? shops... where?! na, mvc has got to be the cheapest.
- Hmmmm....not many about however ABCD's was good while it lasted R.I.P....Other than that woolies or our price it is oh not forgetting MVC.!!!!!!(Great for albums and stufff you may not find else where but thats it.)
- There's fuck all record shop's in Bracknell, Frequency closed year's ago, And Wooly's dont sell records any more, it's all cd's and tape's.
i suppose there's Our price but they still dont do vinyl.
- No Good Ones
- If you're looking for a decent music shop in Bracknell don't bother.I would suggest travelling that extra 20 miles up to Reading with its Virgin Megastore and HMV. In Bracknell the Our Price is way expensive, plus only stock up on the pop scene cds, whilst all of their workers are grungers!!Whereas MVC may once in a while stock up on some decent cds but it is very unlikely the one you really want and have looked everywhere else for will not be stocked, but they may ask you if you want to order one, which only takes about four or five months.
- There's 1 independant record shop next to The Red Lion pub.
- Just to prove that people don't recognise a bargain when they see it, ABCD's has closed down. It's very sad.
- Our Price (I work there!) ABCDs is the best for Alternative, but it's closing down soon.
- MVC is nice and cheap
- ABCD's. All CD's £11.99. Cheapest in town (so forget Our Price & MVC). The Welsh guy is called Mikey, the short one with spikey hair is Justin, the Blackburn Rovers supporting American is Mike. 6ft 4" Saturday boy is Paul. Collector discount scheme. Polite staff.
- ABCD's - Small but friendly MVC - Big shop, large selection but long queues due to everyone writing out forms at the till to join their loyalty card scheme!
- Our Price is ok if you want CDs, tapes, CDs, tapes, CDs and tapes. Frequency Records (Service Yard A - behind Woolworths) sells real records (vinyl) specialising in all types of dance music.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: S, tim, kariana, Steve Merry, Steve Jones, Vic, sophi, Chris Pearce, Kay Harris, bov, neil, donna, g, Kym Jarvis, pickachu, Groin, adrian Kitachi, Pat, Reggie, caz, Gillian Scott, john lewis, AsH, Rob Mac, Gavin Newby, gus, dbaser, RoRy!!!!, Deb Harris, richard, Ali Gilbert, f1lbee, Hubble, Langdon Jones, Emma Giles, Simon, John Smith, sara, sarah, Rix, Matthew Wakefield, Holty, PETER, Roz F, Julio, Scooby, analisazrc, Dav, justin mansfield, Gerry, joe, Bird, SUNNIE UK, Jo, DeeJay Random, pete, The Ledgend Chris, Phil Johnson, Roy Birkinshaw, Tricky, Dale B, Rob Chin-Yue, ian reynolds, Lauren, ben, Serena, Sam Pearce, Robert Staniford, david wakefield, rebecca woodgates, Keith Milner, Andy, Glynis, KH, Matt, CrackJimmy, Jim, PETER WILLIAMS, K marchant, Dan, Taffy Turner, Steve Ray, Bruce, Mark Pearson, Julia Green, wednesday, Steve Allen, dave, tyger, bekki, gggggggg, none, AL, lullu, nicola pither, TDUB, David Todd, Jim Hendricks, Porter, Justina Jenner, kemi ifeakandu, carla beacham, dave ruddle, C Lewis, Trudy Eperon, j. clarke, Tony Bradley, karen dudeck, Jacco, Heather, andy cent, Pharma808, Alan King, david, Stewart Denew, Kay H, Victoria Harrington, Henry, Mike Taylor, Sarah-Beth Day, tim reynolds, John king, Tony Bellamy, Gillian Rose, John Silver, sam, Simon Mac, mono, Annon, Mickey Labana, generic, Bixster, Stevie Gee, Dave Parry, Rich Cronk, Lewis, kiethn_uk, pickybugger, incognito, Bella, Phil Donaldson, rob, dave balman, Heather Rose, Liana Rogers, Adam, Dukeofhazard, Abby, Sid, Lee, terry rice, Rob Graham, Hannah, analisa, tattooed dude, jf, R L, ally
Last updated: 2008-06-18
More stuff about Bracknell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bracknell Knowhere Board