Pubs in Braintree, Essex*
The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Braintree.
- the cotch crews haunt is the angel but the dude waters his pints and everydrink that isnt sealed to fuck and charges extortinate prices.
- Yes, we have pubs in Braintree
- Man this town is pubs galore! Everything from 'The Bull' (trendies R us) to 'The Eagle' (old farts pub-but good for quiet chats with mates).
- Wetherspooons Wetherspooons Wetherspooons
- Millions of pubs, some good, some awful. Angel in bradford street attracted younger patrons...
- braintree is full of pubs and they even turned the old cinema into one! Down the high street there are Baileys, The Litten Tree plus many more inc H2O!
- LITTEN TREE
- The Angel on Bradford St. Only place that seems to serve Snakebite and Black.
- wetherspoons.......not as cheap as it used to be,altho they still do the monday club pint 4 a quid thing, usually full of students and old codgers
the bull......... well, since they introduced 2 v ropey looking pole dancers on a fri/sat night.....either steer clear, or go 4 a laugh..good atmosphere for footy games tho
the globe....... pants.....nuf said
baileys......... bring back o'reillys, all is forgiven.. just cos they're whacking up posh houses left right and centre doesn't mean we want "trendy" cafe bars charging london prices
litten tree...... see above....used to be a furniture shop...... now full of typical essex boys trying too hard to pull......food is ok tho
- Some are OK. Braintree has lots of meanies in many of it's pubs!
- The Plough. Best nights Wed/ Sat karoke is always packed, one end for students and one end for families. Does a quiz on tue with good prizes. OK food and playground
The poachers - don't even go there unless you're under 16....
The lodge, small and cozy
The Alsager arms good student pub, loud and lively lots of pool tables
The Grove, nice now it's changed ownership
The linley arms
- spoons, the bull, boars head!! braintree is surely up their with ibiza and aiya napa.. surey
- Look out for local woody he will be found half baked on a bottle of cider, proping up spooner's bar every friday and saturday night... buy him a pint..
h20 comming soon
- Wetherspoons is a venue favoured by most of the younger population of Braintree, especailly of a Friday/Saturday night, they do indeed attract a YOUNGER clientel if you know what I mean. Other satisfactory youth clubs that the town has to offer include 'The Railway Tavern', 'The Angel' pubs, they're great.
- The main pub is wetherspoons which must be one of the cheapest pubs in the
country and is a good place to see a good fight apart from that theres baileys
cafe bar and the bull theres plenty of other little pubs which are always
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: oddjob, Jenn, alfie potter, kelly, neileel, stu, Melanie, Leonardo, bibbidy bob, Aaron Hayward, Sharon Hawker, Roger, jess, rune glifberg, Dave Balcombe, Brian McManus, Mark Aylward, generic, Clare, arthur, Chris Phillips, melvin, dean, Mark, tyger, easter, David Mansell, adrian godden, Josh, NEIL, Claire Sinka, uncle path, gary, Angela, Kelvyn Woodhead, loki, Mark Crosby, jasper pepper, Johnny, SmokeyMcPot(smp), screen name, Dean Johnson, kevin eeley, Adam Rietti, spania, sarah, Graeme
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Braintree
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Braintree Knowhere Board