Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs in Brighton, East Sussex*
Derailleurs, sprockets, crank and clips - where to get them
You can tell us more about Brighton.
Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- Brighton bmx co.
- freedom bikes grate!!!!!!! told me exactly what was wrong and is very cheep even told me how to fix a part on my bike myself so i didnt have to PAY!
- Contrary to some posters here I have always found the staff at Rayments bike shop to be helpful and often willing to match an online discount. Snotty, aloof, not in my experience. I think it's the best bike shop around with a good amount of stock too.
- roughrider harley davidson
- Action Bikes in brighton, London Rd is a pile of bollocks. The staff will try and screw you for as much money as possible for any repair job you give them. The work is shoddy and doesn't last. And the manager is a lippy chav scumbag with a serious attitude problem with anyone who disagrees with him. Avoid like a bad case of the Clapp!
- I'm not sure what they did to my bike at Sydney Street Cycles but after 1 service there it's better to ride now than it was when I bought it!! Don't look elsewhere, you're wasting your time.
- Freedom Bikes on George st are the absolute best for repairs - super cheap and you never get ripped off or sold something you don't need. They are the ONLY place in town that really know their stuff about freeride and downhill, with some very cool bikes and bits. The1r workshop seems to be working flat out all the time but they'll always help if you've got an urgent problem.
- Avoid Action Bikes on the london rd - gormless staff don't have a clue and they only sell rubbish bikes. Rayments are snotty and aloof but have gotten marginally better over the years... Forget Baker St Bikes on the london road - they're stuck in the 60's and modern cycling has passed them by. For bike shops in Brighton the only ones that count are Syds and Freedom Bikes.
- Rayments at Preston Circus is the most helpful bike shop I ever visited. Never before have I been told . Amazing. The woprkshop is good too, stuff is ready when they say and the price is as quoted. Sometimes they get very busy though, which might well account for the other reporter's bad experience.
- Syd's 2 in Portland Road, Hove is an offshoot subsidiary branch of Sydney Street Bikes, and while somewhat smaller, is a great shop, very professional chaps
- Ledgends (on western road near kfc and hmv) they have a good amount of beginner setups and a good range of pro parts (fbm kink standard primo ect) also northern matt works there (he can do 360's off the floor wow !)
- Sydney Street Bikes
- DONT go to rayment cycles, they are just plain rude. sydney st bikes is a good shop the guys are helpfull.
- guys in action bikes do great deals - i think Avid Merrion works there but without his neck brace!
- action bikes, london road i think - great deals on bikes - got an alloy atb for only £69, and they do repairs.
- sydney st bikes - good advice.
If you enjoy being patronised and receiveing a bollocking for buying a bike off the bloke your buying it from, look no further than Rayments Cycles at preston circus. The people are grade A assholes. and to cap it off if you turn up on some super specified bike they start to pay attention whoever you are - wankers, fucking WANKERS. hate them
- sydney street - action bikes
- person sydney street its all here
- Sydney Street Cycles in the north lanes is first class, as is Raymond Cycles (name might be slightly different, can't remember) on Preston Circus.
- There's a shop in Oxford st (off London RD)that repairs bicycles ,its the best in Brighton.
- Rayments, Preston Circus (discount please!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, Les, kerry, Valach, neil, Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, busty sincalir, iggy, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, John Quail, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, paul b, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, Gustav, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2009-02-25
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board