Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Brighton, East Sussex*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Brighton.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Royal Bloooooooooooood!
- Rockin Bill - Living legend is that guy!
- marti pellow and neil buchanan
- simon baverstock quit the high life after fathering a daughter with michelle rodreguez ,alledgedly now lives a life shelterd from the media as a welder. not shure if its true ,why would anyone be a welder ?
- simon baverstock left here to marry michelle rodreguez,star in porn and live life in rock n roll style. we miss him and send best wishes xx dave .
- that famous vegan Heather Mills!!!
- wap ma namanama - Fat Boys slim
- the boxer guy of course who drives a huge truck, ive actually forgotten his name for the moment
- Paul (I'm the MOST FAMOUS Beatle) bore, and that big-mouthed female journalist Julie Birchwhatsit who sold out for money...
- Cate Blanchett, Her husband, and their Two Kids owns Two really Big Georgian Castles In Brighton for $50,000,000.
- the levelers yeah !
- Fat Boy Slim
- Contrary to one previous note The Levellers didn't get their name form "a piece of land called The Level" Should have maybe listened more in history lessons!
- chris eubank - used to mince around it a truck - now can be seen mincing around in a hummer
- have you seen the bbc southern counties website mapo of celebs~? its pityfull.
- People who 'reside here' are Jordan and Peter Andre, Paul Mccartney, Brian Capron, and loads of other Z'listers.
- chris eubank?
- Keith Flint from the Prodigy, I saw him and his HOT chick both wearing Army cargos, carrying Motobike Helmets down the lanes near the 'Biddi' shop in the summer of 2003. Some little shit, managed to collar him and get him to speak to his mate on the phone. I just wanted to let him know that Voodoo People is an Awesome track, but Im sure he already know that.
- erm...Jorden! she lives in my godparent's old house! eww!
- No one mentioned Jordan!!!! How could you forget her!!! Oh yeah and my mum said she saw her and Peter Andre at the marina the other day continuing their farcical relationship. I think she's moved away now but you'll still see her about sometimes. I've seen her 3 times in 7 years in the flesh and i've seen her with her flesh out countless times and so have you probably, and i've seen her getting done by Dane Bowers in a porn. She's such a dickhead, I am envious of her riches though. And how could you forget Daniella Westbrook and her late septum!?! I saw some bloke who used to be on the Bill yesterday. Baby Spice used to live in an expensive flat down the seafront. I think Naomi Campbell might have a house here.
- Fatboy Slim, Chris Eubank, The Levellers, Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Nick Berry
- Jordan has a house here and that guy from the fast show and Grass(the pub owner)
- Nick Cave lives here, somewhere in hove so does mark williams of Fast Show
- I met Dr. Legg (from Eastenders) down there in The Lanes, he was played by Leonard Fenton and what bushy eyebrows he had. Also met the chap who used to host Picture Box when I was a kid. Paul McGann smoking copious amounts of cigarettes in O'Neills. Norman Cook and Zoe Ball. Also, a bloke called Steve something-or-other who used to host crap kids' Saturday tv programme Motormouth in the mid-90's.
- Guy McKnight and the Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster hail from sunny Brighton.
- Zoe Ball and Norman Cook
- eubanks an embarresment to the town
- Helen Zahavi, who wrote the definitive Brighton novel, "Dirty Weekend", used to live in the Brunswick area.
- Genesis P-Orridge: ex-Throbbing Gristle and Psychic TV frontman and Temple Ov Psychic Youth honcho, lived here before his "triggered exile" to the U.S.A.
- Fat boy slim,Amir williams(sponsered by 360clothes,blueskin,also in new heroin video.
- The only celebs I've seen in Brighton are Chris Eubank at Brighton Station, Zoe Ball and Fat Boy Slim in Waitrose and one of the Fast Show (the guy who played Jesse "This week I'll mostly be..") walking along Western Road telling whoever he was with he'll never drink again!
- If I ever see Julie Birchill, I've got a list of over nine hundred quibbles with her air-head Guardian column to fire at her.
Dollar fans should look out for David Van day serving burgers and chips from his mobile van.
- Professor Flynn (Errol Flynn's dad) had a house here.
- Patsy Rowlands from the later Carry on films lives somewhere in Brighton or hove I've seen her loads of times on Western road.
- Chris Eubank ... occasionally seen around in his his huge yank truck holding up traffic.
- The fabulously out-spoken journalist Julie Burchill! She's the only newspaper columnist with an ounce of intelligence and perspective this side of Armageddon, probably the best thing about her being that fact that she isn't in thrall to the pathetic celebrity obsession that seems to have gripped pretty much every one else on this fair isle of ours!
Annie Nightingale - one of the best DJ's to have ever graced our conservative airwaves - (Jo "it's about the music" Whiley eat ya heart out), and one of the finest full-on party goers ever - she's put most students to shame even now! Long may she live!
- OOh, saw Gaz from Supergrass yesterday, Zoe Ball shops in our local Tescos, saw Mark Williams and one of the McGanns at Brighton Station.....
- The Levellers and their dirty flea-ridden following, who are actually all nouveau riche middle class dropouts who sleep at their parents when things get a little bit chilly.
- Apparentely, Steve Coogan has moved from the Level, to where they all seem to end up....in Hove! He just bought a nice little house a stones throw away from Chris Ewbank, just off the Drive. I think it was a pressie to himself after getting a contract for another TV show.
- Fat Boy Slim
- Steve Ovett (Olympic runner) went to Varndean and the Art College. His dad ran (runs?) a greengrocery stall in the market by The Level.
Dora Bryan (comedienne) has a hotel on the seafront.
- Steve Coogan of Partridge fame (who lives near the Level) and Gaz Coombes (lead singer of Supergrass) who also resides in Brighton.
- famous people= chris eubank! has a place in hove actually, and owns flats near 7dials.. great fella, not a boxtha!.. also Emma Wing (Lou Beale, ex Eastenders)
chris 'burnise' ellison, carol barnes, captain sensible, etc! the late great lord olivier also lived in rhe seafront, royal crescent i do believe!
Chris 'burnside' ellison, Joe (or Paul?) McGann, Carol barnes, etc!! come on, keep up!!
- Mark Little, James Whale, The bolnde one from Quadrophenia, Mrs Mcluskey from Grange Hill. My next door neighbour was in 'Back Up' and Norman Cook/Fatballs Slim of course.
- How could you not mention Norman Cook aka FATBOY SLIM lives right here in Brighton also has a residency at the Club "the Beach" every week.
- The Levellers are from Brighton. They got their name from a piece of land called The Level. Sally Gunnell lives here.
- Too many to mention all of them.... Bobbie Gillespie (Primal Scream), lots of cast members from The Bill, The Levellers....
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, arachni_name), Les, kerry, JamieL, Valach, neil, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, John G, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Nick Wock, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, \, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, 1'", busty sincalir, Jeff, iggy, arachni_name, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, krsanlir, John Quail, @@dPCVO, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, 1 À§À¢, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, Diana, jstrong, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, email@example.com, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, ltivcouq, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, arachni_name"'`--, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Annoying Cunt, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, Ronnie72, paul b, Rockin56, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, JyI=, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, nuala, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, ð''ð"", Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Gustav, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, ¿'¿", charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Chris Maley, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2018-02-24
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board