Demolish It Now Building in Brighton, East Sussex*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Brighton.
Demolish It Now Building
- I forgot about the Amex building. Nowhere in Europe have I come across so many talentless, up-their-own-arse people in my life. They have all the charm and personality of dogshit. "Ooh, get me, I work for Amex!" Well, fuckwits, have you ever walked down a catwalk in Paris, Milan or Rome? No? WELL SHUT THE FUCK UP THEN!!!
- The whole place. Hitler didn't do enough if you want my opinion...
- The American Express building :(
- The American Express building :(
- the pav - it's vulgar
- brighton centres just an eyesore to be honest
- The Zone Bar in Brighton
- the brighton centre
- Embassy Court. Its just Ugly.
- New England House: uninspiring, filthy, decrepit, depressing, isolated and worthy of immediate demolition. Some modernist or brutalist architecture from the 60's, 70's or maybe even the 80's can -it is difficult to believe, I know- carry some architectural merit. Erno Goldfinger’s Trellick Tower would be a fine example. But New England House is completely devoid soul, character and belonging. The building is a disgrace to the people of Brighton, Sussex and to anyone visiting by train. Next time you’re pulling into Brighton station glance to left as New England House leaps into view and tell me you didn’t feel a sudden compulsion to commit violent disorder.
- Vhurchill square
- The Odeon.
- The West Pier: it's a mess, and needs to be laid to rest with some dignity, not left like some pathetic toothless shell.
- The ugly faux-gothic thing with the gargoyles near the cinema. At least it's better black than it was purple...
- the pier (with all the chavs on it)
- the really shit one near the west pier
- John St. Police Station (with the coppers in it).
- the parking attendants building flattened with them all inside.
the brighton peir detroyed complete with its pay load of dfl's "dahn from landan"
- church hill square
- The Council offices.
Every church in Brighton blown up... but that`s my opinion \m/
- brighton centre
- I haven't been to Brighton fo a while, but I went on A sunny Sunday with some of my students. It was very nice except for the place with the chain stores, the Marks and Spencers and so forth which occupied a newish, square, brick edifice. It was ugly, closed, litter strewn and wind-blown. It looked like any other shopping centre of the like which can be found in every other town and city in the UK. These chain store sites do nothing for the locality in which they are located. Rather, they suck the life and character out of a place. Brighton doesn't need this. Demolish it now.
- The Block of flats on the seafront should be burnt down.Th
- the rusty old building outside the west pier uugghh - Daffy
- the West pier! whats the point of spending money on another pier that will never be used again?
- the Brighton centre and Jordan's House even though its not here anymore
- Hilton West Pier Hotel
- Amex House, looks like the Dalek's headquarters from "invasion Earth 2025". Most people who work there have about as much charm/personality as Davros anyway.
- the odeon. without a doubt. or hove town hall.
- The Brighton Charter Hotel
- damn it the brighton pier- someone just burn it.. ok, someone just flatten it.
- Churchill Square!!
- churchill square
- london rd where 7 11 was
- St. Bartholemews and the brick church in Lewes Road are horrifically evil/ugly respectively, as is the Brighton Centre. It'd be nice if they either demolished or did up the West Pier too.
- That really scummy high-rise building on the seafront between Brighton and Hove - you can't miss it!
- down under hostel and the pub next to it...extend their visas: we don't want 'em...return to sender..etc
- The Brighton Centre is hardly a credit to the seafront.
- Churchill Square
- Brighton Uni, Falmer Site! It's all asbestos!!!
- The West pier. Its had it so why waste all that money?
- Cardinal Newman School and Hove Town Hall ...and well all of Hove too while you are at it...and could someone oblterate the abomination that is Hangleton
- Priory House and anything run by Brighton and Hove Town Council
- The Leveller's house
- All the flats in Brighton, and build some AFFORDABLE houses for people in Brighton to BUY. Who wants to live in a flat, surrounded by scummy students, and pay a fortune for it as well? Demolish Brighton and start again. Don't ever move to Brighton if you want to buy a house, there are none! It's all flats.
- The residential building along the seafront with all the paint peeling off, near the Brighton centre
- The old Top Rank building.
- hove town hall
- Outreach Centre
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, Les, kerry, Valach, neil, Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, busty sincalir, iggy, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, John Quail, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, email@example.com, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, paul b, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, Gustav, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2013-01-06
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board