Favourite Building in Brighton, East Sussex*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Brighton.
- Churchill Square : the RAF should use it as target practice.
- Brighton Pavillion :)
- Brighton Pavillion :)
- The pav of course
- the west pier..the victorian town houses
- Embassy Court (an Art Deco Building on the seafront near the Brighton and Hove border)
- Stanmer House, Stanmer Park. Newly rennovated. Lovely relaxing walks and gardens.
- the pavilion isnt it every ones fave building?
- Embassy Court on the seafront - everyone else seems to hate it but its being done up and heading for its old art deco glory. Class.
- The pavillion
- The Pav.
- The station. So many days taking shelter from the rain, and nights lying on a bench after you've missed the last train home and have to get in before you miss school (again).
- the new church rd brothell (i wish) na i like the concorde legendary music is played there and they dont charge extortionate prices
- the grand hotel
- west pier. unfortunately the uk planning policy is so ultra conservative, and no doubt run by a bunch of daily mail reading cretins, that i cant see a time when we have any decent architecture. dont blame the architects... i hope im wrong, but i aint.
- The West Beach Hotel in Kings Road, Brighton is a stunning Victorian-style listed building. www.westbeachhotel.co.uk
- the old pier - shame someone burnt it down
- brightons architecture sucks. i blame the planners. the west peir is fav building.
- hmmm... just add water cos of the smell! daffy
- the Pavilion at night. Or Concorde2 are playing a really great gig.
- Who is the idiot who described St Bartholemew's as 'horrifically evil'? Step inside you fool - absolutely beautiful, and you might even learn to be a bit less negative (well, we can always hope).
- the pavillion, I'm gonna buy it when I am a gillionaire and if anyone tries to stop me I'll just pay them off
- metropole or the grand.
- poor old west pier
- That special building with the red door half-way up Elm Grove.
- Embassy court.
- the Pavillion lit up at night
- The Pavilion is superb, as is the Dome next to it - if they'll ever !"£!ing finish the work they're doing to it! Churchill Square looks a million dollars since its overhall, as do those two horrible factory buildings overlooking Lewes Road - whoever thought up turning them from disgusting derelict factories into achingly desirable apartments using just a lick of paint is a genius.
- The Argus building. Shame on you Ternece Conran for turning it into loft apartments that no-one can afford. And what happened to its lovely clock?
- The West Pier. It's been left to rot for too many years and is supposedly being renovated at some point with lottery funding. For 6 quid you can take a tour of the shut-down building pier with a specialist guide; go to the hut at the entrance to the pier.
- You might want to put the web-site of S. Bartholomew's Church on your Links page. It has more than 50 pictures. Richard Jess
- Palace Pier, now renamed 'Brighton Pier'.
- Hove town hall, I don't expect anyone to agree especially if they work there.
- I know it is a little boring but The Pavilion...it is one of the few things that I miss about Brighton...there is nothing in Britain to compare
- anywhere with decent graffiti
- Tne public toilet in St.James Street.
- Go see Foredown Tower ( Hangleton ) - it has a camera obscura to view surrounding area - Town & Downs.
- The pier at night
- Not so much a building, but the pier is pretty cool, especially when its lit up at night.
- Varndean (Boys) School. Imposing with a fantastic view across Brighton to the sea.
- Western front Pub.
- Most of the seafront.
- St Bartholemew's church
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, Les, kerry, JamieL, Valach, neil, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, John G, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Nick Wock, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, \, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, 1'", busty sincalir, Jeff, iggy, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, krsanlir, John Quail, @@dPCVO, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, 1 À§À¢, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, Diana, jstrong, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, email@example.com, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, ltivcouq, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Annoying Cunt, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, Ronnie72, paul b, Rockin56, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, JyI=, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, nuala, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, ð''ð"", Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Gustav, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, ¿'¿", charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Chris Maley, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board