Buskers, Street Entertainers in Brighton, East Sussex*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Brighton.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- i am a homeless lady, im 5ft 2inchs tall and weight 7 stone. i sleep rough in brighton, i have done since last august. i am not a drug addict, alcoholic, hooker, begger, tramp. i am simply just without a home through no fault of my own. i would just like to say that i think most people that live in homes in brighton may think they are very hard to beat up homeless people. but how hard and brave are you to spend 1 night on the street?????????????? not one of you, i would bet my life on it. in winter, when it snowed, i almost died. why cant you stop picking on homeless people?? there is no help available. selling the big issue is a means to helping the individual have the life he or she once had.
- There is a young violinist called Elliot who plays in the Pavilion Gardens occasionally, he usually plays stuff like Vivaldi's Four Seasons, improvvy stuff and solo Bach. That stuff really sets the mood in the summer!
- Flaming Fun â€“ Brightons Premier Event Entertainment Agency
Flaming Fun is a Brighton online event entertainment agency for corporate entertainment, live entertainment, cabaret entertainment, casino entertainment and wedding entertainment. Being a well established Brighton entertainment agency, Flaming Fun now offers an online entertainment agency for easy access to our wide range of unique live entertainment. Corporate and cabaret entertainment, wedding and casino entertainment are just some of the venues Flaming Fun can cater for. Why not visit the specialist Brighton based entertainment agency flamingfun.com the premier entertainment agency for live entertainment, cabaret and corporate entertainment, casino entertainment and wedding entertainment. Flaming Fun provides stilt walkers, fire dancers, contortionists, snake charmers, living tables, magicians and so much more.
Check us out @ http://www.flamingfun.com
- RE Mr 10 pence". Tall, Bearded vagrant who originally hung out in the East St area of Brighton town centre in the 1980's. His Catchphrase was "Can you spare 10 pence sir?. Last spotted 2006 in Trafalgar St, Portslade. Featured in "Brighton The Game" as I remember ~yes have a photo of him But i do wonder if his still around.. last seen in KempTown BTW still asking for only 10 p ... .. AND NOW guess what ""!!!"" i seen the guy with 8 Plastic bags walks across Brighton in the summer shuffling back and forth to his bag collection , WELL I seen his TWIN brother well same dude same smell too and 8 Plastic bags full of his worldly possessions in CANTERBURY .... did he get the Megabus or walk there ?
- Carly Bryant - busker who stands outside the pump house in the south lanes! email@example.com
- The Fridge Magnets (a little swing band with a one string bass).
- "10 pence". Tall, Bearded vagrant who originally hung out in the East St area of Brighton town centre in the 1980's. His Catchphrase was "Can you spare 10 pence sir?. Last spotted 2006 in Trafalgar St, Portslade. Featured in "Brighton The Game" as I remember.
- u wouldnt class this man as a street entertainer but he did spend a lot of time on the streets on his skate board! bobby g of the logos which was a team way back in the 70's around the same sort of time as dogtown, the street kids who shook it all up,he was also frequently in a skate mag called funnily enough skateboard! (there was a uk version too!) well hes been living in brighton for the last 20 years and i know this cos hes my dad! so posibly this should have gone inthe cringing cult of celebrity but hes not after any status i just thought it was a cool fact for u skate lovers to know the inventor of the lipslide lives in your town and drinks in a lil pub on hove sea front! u can find him on myspace.com look up robbie gillam
- most peiple in brighton are mad!
- loads of great guys, funny ginger alcholic, whos very good with his harmonica, theres gary who plays excellent claranette in the pavilion gardens, the amazing black guy who plays the must beautiful music on a thumb piano (or a larger one- dont know what its called)I bought a cd i liked it so much. and rick (i think) who plays slide guitar
- The guy who plays the geeetaar in George Steet, Hove, come rain or shine: he's a real cheerer-upper, as opposed to kids sitting on the pavement outside the Co-op in Blatchington Road begging for 'change': the only change they need is attitude and rehab.
- there used to be this lady hanging around the lanes dressed as a fairy, singing and strumming a guitar. it was great!
- northern matt watching him ride is an education in itself
- lots of buskers in the lanes, some are crap but others worth chucking a quid
- Back in time *** I live in Australia now... but I once saw Helen Terry busking in The Lanes... She was great and within a few weeks she was singing on Top Of The Pops with Culture Club.... I'd love to know if she was 'spotted' as a busker.
A few years on I saw Amita Dhiri from "This Life" outside the coffee shop that's near Waitrose on Montpelier Rd. I've just googled and found she's a Brighton girl... see I told you so. Saw Gaz from Supergrass at the same cafe... but everyone seems to have seen him.
Nowadays I'm spotting characters from The Secret Life of Us set in St Kilda, Melbourne... but they've just axed that.
- Cat Woman. She made cat noises.
There was a woman who used to go to churchill sq wraped in toilet paper and prance about. havent seen her for a while.
- Cate Blanchett lives in Kemptown and I think Gary Moore lives in Hove.
- u ever seen the asian lady in new church road? i wud be prety bored if i sat on my wall all day. who or what is she waiting for? tell me sum 1 firstname.lastname@example.org - Daffy
- the man in the Pavilion Gardens who plays the sax really sets the scene on a summers evening...
- The many bad trannies of seven dials.
- the lanes
- My favourite 'street entertainer' is the woman who makes a habit of 'accidentally' dropping her handbag then denying it's hers! Maybe she should go in the Local Celebrities section too...
- There used to be this old boy who used to busk at Churchhill square (prior to its redevelopment). His act consisted of him dancing and miming to old pre war tunes from a tape recorder. He immaculatly dressed and on several occasions he had his war medals on display, together with a picture of himself as a young man in his military uniform. He was nearly bent double with age, it was a pitiful and depressing sight.
- Bloody anywhere. Especially during May while the festival is on.
- I thought I saw The Levellers in West Street. And they were arse too
- was good in / around Churchill Square. also at Hanningtons- occasional fire eater??
- Say hello to The Living Statue - usually to be found near the Druids Head in the Lanes on Saturday afternoons.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, arachni_name), Les, kerry, JamieL, Valach, neil, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, John G, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Nick Wock, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, \, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, 1'", busty sincalir, Jeff, iggy, arachni_name, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, krsanlir, John Quail, @@dPCVO, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, 1 À§À¢, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, Diana, jstrong, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, email@example.com, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, ltivcouq, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, arachni_name"'`--, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Annoying Cunt, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, Ronnie72, paul b, Rockin56, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, JyI=, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, nuala, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, ð''ð"", Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Gustav, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, ¿'¿", charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Chris Maley, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2018-02-24
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board