The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Brighton, East Sussex*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Brighton.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Brighton is not in East Sussex. It hasn't been ever since it became a unitary authority.
- Natural and organic skincare for the whole family - now in Brighton! www.beautyinabox.co.uk
- For lovely natural beauty products check out www.beautyinabox.co.uk - e mail for details on local deliveries in Brighton!
- How about some stuff for MATURE people??? After all, it's not just 12 year olds (see Katie's Column in Latest 7 nonsense!) who are looking for luv/fun/adventure. Believe it or not, the over 50's want a slice of that too: they were the ORIGINAL teenagers/rebels.Contrary to popular opinion, over 50's don't sit at home and knit, wear false teeth or go on coach holidays: these are just stereotypes and need to be recognised as such. This town BADLY needs some dance halls/clubs etc. where older people can boogie the night away; meet eligible people and make friends. Please do something about it!
- CHAVS (lol) na im shure we could demolish a church or sumin not needed for a new skate park (sorry BMX park)
- I recall approaching Brighton via the A23 some years back. There are two huge pillars on either side of the road about 100yds after the "Brighton welcomes careful drivers" sign. On the southbound pillar, some scally had painted in big letters: "Welcome to Dogshit-by-Sea"
When the Council went for city status a while ago, they should have adopted that as the new name for the place, so as not to get sued by any disappointed tourists. :-)
- Has no one mentioned the 250,000 people on Brighton Beach, Europe biggest beach party ever, hosted by the resident Fat Boy Slim. What an event!
- theres no good snowboard shop in town. hannabananna was fantastic, but it has closed. Surf and ski is a ski shop. just add water is a clothes shop and ocean sports are pretty soleless, and they offer a very poor service.
- we need a big indoor skate park! Daffy email@example.com
- The Gay Pride Festival is absolutely amazing, even if you're not taking part! just to see lil gay people dressing up as fairies...
- Brighton is better than anywhere else I've been in England. Different atmosphere and attitude, much more liberal
- Why does anyone that lives in Brighton think it's so wonderful?. Rip-off prices for everything, esp rent, superior or agressive acting people (mostly), and filth everywhere. I am buying a big house in west yorkshire with mostly the money I have made from you idiots who are stupid enough to pay my outrageous prices for dodgy bedsits. As for the so-called hardnuts who seem to be infesting most of the town centre at the weekends, what have got to prove?. If you fancy yourself why not come up to Leeds or Bradford, see how long you last you little herberts?.
- So, after the earlier partial collapse of the West Pier, today yet more of the concert hall fell into the sea. Hundreds of people were taking bits of the wreckage home. I talked to a few people who were going to make use of the stuff; oak furniture, sculpture, etc. Funny that the council brought in diggers to clean up the beach when they can't even clean the streets of black bin bags. Please! if one of Britains finest buildings is going to be lost, leave the debris for a while so that it can be reused. Don't take this timber and burn it!
- Coolest Cafe is Lunar: bottom of North Street, cool chilled music (acid jazz etc.) and relaxed atmosphere, Irish Coffees. You can't knock being there on a rainy day!!!
- Have you ever read the book or seen the 1980s film "When The Wind Blows"
by Raymond Briggs? It was set on the South Downs near Clayton and
Ditchling, a few miles out of Brighton. It deals with dear old folks
slowly perishing of radiation sickness after a nuclear war. Their faces
go grey, they die. It's sick.
- Brighton is great for food the beach and little hotels
(if you can find any vacancies)
but it soon gets old and tires.
- The Hare Krishna's have landed in Brighton. We hold regular meetings and get involved with local festivals. Visit our web site at www.harekrishnainbrighton.co.uk
- The Best Thing:
- Plenty of bars (365 or so they say).
- There is something for everyone in Brighton! Things stay open throughout the night: enjoy a night clubbing, have breakfast at an all night cafe, and then enjoy an early morning coffee on a warm summer's morning at the Meeting Place Cafe, Brighton/Hove boundary, seafront
- The Worst Thing:
- Hard to get a really decent curry.
- I was once told that Brighton is the place people end up when they "have nowhere else to go" i.e. they end up there by default, thinking it must be the answer as it is such a "happening" place. This relates to the comments of Paul Theroux on his visit, that it has an "air of disappointment".
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jeff Baker, roger ledsham, WD-40, Carmen, arachni_name), Les, kerry, JamieL, Valach, neil, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Iain Davidson, JuneWhite, dug, Jam, clare, Richard Jess, catherine hume, Martin Wilkins, Rich, megan, Haydn, Tony Derrington, John G, kate, Rowly Emmett, Shelley Swillingham, Nick Wock, Andy Kybett, alison guile, Jon Deacon, Andy Martin, \, Lex, mastre j, kris, Paul Williams, 1'", busty sincalir, Jeff, iggy, arachni_name, Dom Martin, AJ, Tim Jones, greg james, krsanlir, John Quail, @@dPCVO, neil barstow, Martin Bennett, Liam, 1 À§À¢, Marianne Sheppard, Sadie Phillips, Lee Bowman, kt, lod formani, sarah, Joshua Taylor, Gerry Slater, Trevor, jwashington, paul clark, Mr M, Diana, jstrong, helen, lee swaysland, bibidybob, nick, alan, Ilker Pozan, Antony Yendor, Mark J, gardner arts, maestro_179, carly bryant, Paul Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org, moj, nial westwood, ukmale42, Alex, td, Sam, Jo, dave white, simon jackson, ltivcouq, pete, lezen, David Watts, Johnathan Reynolds, Brighton Fusion, arachni_name"'`--, Martin Lawrence, Roland, Simon Trenter, parkour, Cat, mogz, dam, Jodie May, Allan Ang, Annoying Cunt, Calvin, Tex, Johanna, Myf, Michelle-Louise, Helen Brown, josi, Louise Windsor, Simon Sapon, John Gardner, chris heath, Craig Roberts, Will, Andrew Hirst, Alison Phipps, Matt, Lor, paul riley, Ronnie72, paul b, Rockin56, Ali, Daffy, Emma, jojo, emily, stephentedsmith, lardy1, dave, Rys, mike_said!, Elaine, Eleanor van Emden, robert fordham, Scott, Russ Barr, Dave Cooper, GrumpyOldPunk, Oliver, Dead Uncle Bob, Martyn Jones, steve, richard g, Roger Hall, JyI=, Paul, zoe walsh, andrew fisk, Lucy Cunningham, pat popov, Liquorman, David, pp, Info at Interact, Paul Briggs, Jameoid, laura h, nuala, Eled, mark robson, Brighton Pub Jury, May Everett, Toby Hammond, likl kev, Quentin, Tony, Vibeman, Steve Freedman, brett, Trev, Angela Rice, Garage Studios, Frank Pembleton, dan, Dave Strong, Emmeline, j, mr.m, habbably, Richard Blackmore, Peter Scholefield, starlover, pip, sally ann, mikpqay, Granny, oh max, saint, Jack, jimjim, generic, ed, Tim Powell, H-drive, Danny, ð''ð"", Geoff Wiltshire, Nigel Lockwood, jaz, Russell, jade yesilyurt, Gustav, Michael Wimbish, M Johnstone, TIV-BMX, jennine Reader, BadPeter, ben stringer, Andrew Williams, Munken, andy, Karen Poulton, Tracey, ¿'¿", charlie, Sood, Chipjenkins, freecannabis, Michelle, Michael Sayers, Chris Maley, Boris, Stephen Virgo, robbie w
Last updated: 2018-02-24
More stuff about Brighton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brighton Knowhere Board