Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Bristol, Bristol*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Bristol.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- 98% of local females with nothing great looking blokes @@@@ There is allot of beautiful stunning looking females in Bristol, without being nasty of offensive it is fair to say that the weird thing is (or typical UK thing) is that around 98% of these females really waste themselves, sell themselves short and don’t do themselves justice regarding the attractiveness levels of the blokes that they are in relationships with. 98% of boyfriends and husbands in Bristol are nothing great in the looks departments, none handsome, none good looking blokes, that would never win first prize in a male modeling contest, like in most UK areas, the females in Bristol like rough looking men, men that are closer to the bottom of the pile regarding looks and attractiveness. I know some people will disagree, but you can strongly support and authenticate this argument and opinion, using your own eyes, when you walk around Bristol it is very rare that you see a female with an attractive boyfriend or husband, this is just how it is. Beauty & the Beasts are everywhere. Its probably the case of the more money you have the letter look female you get in bristol
- That bristolian idiot clowns on telly.
- That bristolian idiot on telly.
- That bristolian idiot on telly.
- Michaela Strachan supposedly, i'd give her one.
- BBC Top Gear's resident driver 'The Stig' is actually Ben Collins, a well-known Bristolian racing driver, who has competed in various formulae including Touring Cars.
- Carol Vorderman often seen in and around Clifton, but apparently set to move out of the city centre soon? (2009)
- BBC's dishy regional Weatherman and TV documentary shark expert Ian Fergusson is often seen around Bradley Stoke, where he lives.
- JUSTIN LEE COLLINS!!!!!!!!!!
- Banksy the true ledgend and grafiti artist lives somewhere is Bristol... try finding him!!=]
- Paul Dirac
- i am amazed that no one has mentioned the children's writer diana wynne jones, who has lived in bristol for decades.
- Paul Dirac, born in humble Bishopston and went to Bishop Road Primary School
Adam Hart Davis and his bicycles also live in Bishopston
- Bob Hope. Used to stand in St George's park crying among the courting couples. Often a man would give him a coin to cheer up, in the hope that it would impress his beloved.
- Precious McKenzie, weightlifter.
- DJ Derek!! He's fab!
- Russ Conway,born and raised in Bedminster.Pianist and composer his record sales reached over sixty million worldwide.Side Saddle was no 1 in the charts for 31 weeks.
- Cathy Barry, Britain's Ambassador to Porn, lives in St George. She's the one who looks like Jane Seymour, the classical actress. She speaks fluent Bristol too.
- Carry Grant was born in Picton Street (no. 22 I think).
- Danny Wainwright. He has the highest and furthest ollie in the world.
- Derren Brown - Mind Controller lives in Bristol
- Sophie anderton used to be a local ride back in the early 90s!
- Roy from Coronation Street.
- cant belive no 1 has mentioned adrian stone the former light middlewieght world champion. born in horfield, then moved 2 the usa 2 turn pro. his 1st fight was at madison square garden. we love u stoner!!
- tricky, tony robinson, massive attack, portishead,
- Claytown Troupe, 80's alternative rock group who were signed to Island & EMI records toured with The Cult & Pearl Jam
- Derren Brown lives in Bristol - he's that guy who did Russian Roulette live on TV - he didn't do that in Bristol tho - he did it in Jersey
- Massive Attack, Portishead, Tony Robinson
- Seen Tony Robinson on Park Street - mistook him for a guy selling the bigger shoe.
- Elizabeth Fraser (ex Cocteau Twin, part time Massive Attack collaborator)
Alison Moyet (ex Yazoo, now collaborates with The Insects and Adrian Utley)
Sarah Dallin and Keren Woodward (Bananarama singers, from Downend)
- Roni Size up st Andrews way
- Ewan Blair!
- Dave James, author of West Australian historical book 'Climb When Ready', lurked around the Avon Gorge area during the 1960s/mid1970s (hailed from Reading and some say he should have stayed up there!) - although he's barely known by anybody in Western Australia, let alone remembered by anybody in Bristol!
- Massive Attack, Tricky, Carey Grant, WG Grace, Isombard Kingdom Brunel, Tony Robinson, Neneh Cherry, Portishead, Tony Benn
- Uncle Monty - Richard Griffith Chubby pest with fat fingers
- Tony Robinson. Once a ridiculously stupid servant, now digs holes in the ground with a tablespoon.
- Daddy G (Grant Marshall)of Massive Attack fame and Roni Size of Reprezntz fame both live in St. Andrews
- can't believe noone has mentioned that Roni Size is a britolian, seen 'im down Ikea i ave.
- The most famous Bristol resident is clearly the grafitti artist Banksy. I challenge anyone to go to Bristol and avoid seeing one of his works somewhere. Now residing in London, I think. Check out the infamous "Mild, Mild West" tag, or the mural outside Belgos on the Dockside. For more info try www.banksy.co.uk.
- The bloke who played BALDRICK in black adder.
- Cary Grant! The Merchant Venturers.
- That bloke that goes round the streets and in pubs asking people for money towards his fare to London. I was in Bristol for a year and he still didn't seem to have raised enough........
- Paul Mcgann, Tony Robinson, that bloke from casualty who's gay, but not really
- steve denyer off of galaxy!!!!!
- I think one or two of the Deja Voodoos live in Bristol somewhere but they never seem to play in Bristol, only Bath.
- Whatsis name Bullimore. y'know him that got trapped in his boat last year? Tony.
- Paul MaGann (he's still sort of famous, isn't he?!)
Sean Moore (Manic Street Preachers)
- Britain's best ever song-writers hail from Bristol, well Fishponds/Kingswood
namely Rogers Cook and Greenaway. They used to be David and Jonathan in the
sixties, wrote 'If you like alot of chocolate on your biscuit join our
club' and Cookie formed Blue Mink. Later he went to Nashville where he become
the only Briton ever to be inducted into the Country Hall of Fame.
- Tony Robinson (Baldrick)
- Michaela Strachan
- Cary Grant, famous fag of Southville
- John Telfor (actor, was in Bergerac) Andy Sheppard - Saxophonist
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jon H, Caeli, richard hopehawkins, toby, Happychopper, jjjjj, simon, sharyn november, charles, gaz, Lucy, Tim Weekes, Chris, BearsChoice, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeffrey, martin kinsell, em, keef, Bazza, somebody, ian french, Roisin, Lisa Haines, Faye, Julia Morton, Emma Burton, Frances, Tanya, steve vowles, Matt Colton, Bunny hop, hazel fletcher, scott, dirtyron, katie, Jude, john mccarthy, munchies, claire Finbow, Kned, Paul J, deb, matthew simpson, Bobbie, sarah, John Nichols, rusty, anna clark, grr, rose anglim, Natalie Vincini, matt warnes, rb, CLEMENTS, notimportant, Barry Berry, simon plater, Joseph M ( MagicJ), Eric, Phil Gyford, cccc, Nny, Shaw, Mike, matt, General, The Spiv, me, Paul Woods, timmy, Chris Gleave, Tim Kelly, Richard Hawes, Ron Coulter, ric, Glen, stan, Dougal, Toby Spence, Mo, Billy no mates, jonesey, Fiona Hamilton, Jo Thorne, Alexander Smith, lisa groves, jo, nine, minow, justin worland, tara, Andy, Mark Walter, kayley, Mckenzie, PAUL JOHNSON, Nev, David Legg, amelia, William Canynge, kim, craig, Eddie, Kelly, Tony Hobden, simon webbe, jim, Daisy, Matt Brooks, Jim Hart, henry shaftoe, Dave MacLean, Miles, Koert DuBois, HAYDN, James, Rol, dave, martian hesse, Mark Howell, frankie, Mirrorkool, lou, Kat, paul alexander, danny jones, Nick, Mike Hennessey, Paul, Jon Wisbey, carla bartlett, Greg, gimp, max uhlein, George Kallias, Annoyed, Amy, stealth, karen thorpe, Ron Barraclough, anon, Tanya Gardiner, Martin Wilkie, WILL RICHMOND, Martine, noone, cerdrick, joe wheeler, dan, Dave Andrews, sophie smart, lydia, g.jefferies, Angela Mosimann, ro322ck, ian, Penny, Soph, Richard Hope-Hawkins, Kevin McGrath, rcst, Josie Fagan, Skip Cox, sam, Jon Allbon, Antony Shepherd, Richard McGill, generic, laurie harrod, Danny, Tilly, James Hewson, Jane Hudson, Napalm, redbanana, joey, Paddy Smith, Elaine Hopkins, jon white, Choosri, Fay, no name, Rachel, brutstool, Johnny Death, Bunny, fred, Michelle, Janner, Hannah, Rob, Jon Morgan, dj.ginsters, John, evie, Ian Wilson, bob, deL, angela, Steve
Last updated: 2014-07-03
More stuff about Bristol
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bristol Knowhere Board