Favourite Building in Bristol, Bristol*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Bristol.
- The Memorial Ground
- No more in town.
- Not In town.
- Not In town.
- Ashton Gate, Whilst Full
- Cabot tower's reli nice, and the park surrounding it is brilliant to relax on with friends...
- cabot tower.. its amazing not many people know about it and theres the museum thats pretty mind blowing
- Wills Memorial Building, top of Park Street.
- Temple Church
- Not so much a favourite as one of the only buildings in Bristol to appear in a TV programme. Near Ashton Gate football ground, on Duckmoor Rd, Whitefield House - a block of flats - is 'Mandela House' home of Del and Rodney in 'Only Fools and Horses'.
- Central Library on College Green. Fanatastic Victorian "Rennie Macintosh" influenced building with a couple of wierd modern extensions that actually work rather well. Regularly voted one of Bristol's favourite buildings, so surprised it wasn't already in your listing.
- Bristol Catherdrial
- 'The Candy Man' Westmorland House on Stokes Croft. Been empty since a fire in the 70's I think. You can climb up inside and see the whole of Bristol, it's ace with a can of beer and a smoke on a sunny day.
- The Led Shot Building
- The old boat and train wherehouse things on the docks, they have a nice smell
- ashton gate
- Clifton college church
- rileys on park st - best place
- all the houses on Pembroke Road - gorgeous street
- the mall, at cribbs causeway
- lots of sk8ers
- MOD near Park way
- Temple meads car park.... for what it is, its shit hot.
- Bristol Museum - does anyone ever go there? It's brilliant, maybe not the biggest and grandest but big is not always best. Plus they possibly have my favourite painting in La Belle Dame Plus Sans Merci which is appallingly lit (if anyone from the museum is reading this)
- Catherdal & council House on College Green - nice at night.
- Wierd water tower thing near temple quay (worth a visit!)
- Naval Volunteer - better class of daytime rum drinking skiver
- Ashton Gate
- Bristol Cathedral - on the inside when you're feeling low. Sometimes they have children's pictures on display which really cheers me up.
- SK8 N RIDE
- Queens Court Clifton-Has anyone in last few years NOT shagged someone there,been to a party ther,been back for a smoke there or scared the staff at spar at 6 in the morning looking for "anything"?
- Clifton Suspension Bridge.
- The Wal Mart store at Cribbs.
- Any on Corn Street
- The Old Duke -Jazz and blues pub
- that old church down towards the centre from bristle bridge. you know the one - with the arches. on second thoughts, the church with the quarterjacks at the junction of corn / broad / wine / small streets.
- To my great surprise, like many Bristolians I love the Lloyds building. We expected a monstrosity, and got a perfectly judged thing of beauty.
- Wills memorial
- the courts building as i used to conduct my secret affair with my boss there!
- cabot tower.
- Well it was going to be the incredible "exploded greenhouse" style Concert hall but the F*****g arts council took the money just when we'd dug the foundations. So no we have a 2500 seater hole in the ground. Grrrrrrrr
- Peros Bridge (not really a building). This bridge has come in for a lot of critisism for all sorts of strange reasons, but I like it plus it is incredably good at getting you from one side of the water to the other.
- st judes church
- What used to be Lewis's, taken over by Bentalls. If only more of Broadmead
were like it.
- Burden Nurological Hospital, Coldharbourlane
- The massive grey square block with no windows that looks like a decommissioning site for alien spacecraft - opposite Harvey's wine museum.
- River Station
- Trinity Road Police Station.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jon H, Caeli, richard hopehawkins, toby, Happychopper, jjjjj, simon, sharyn november, charles, gaz, Lucy, Tim Weekes, Chris, BearsChoice, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeffrey, martin kinsell, em, keef, Bazza, somebody, ian french, Roisin, Lisa Haines, Faye, Julia Morton, Emma Burton, Frances, Tanya, steve vowles, Matt Colton, Bunny hop, hazel fletcher, scott, dirtyron, katie, Jude, john mccarthy, munchies, claire Finbow, Kned, Paul J, deb, matthew simpson, Bobbie, sarah, John Nichols, rusty, anna clark, grr, rose anglim, Natalie Vincini, matt warnes, rb, CLEMENTS, notimportant, Barry Berry, simon plater, Joseph M ( MagicJ), Eric, Phil Gyford, cccc, Nny, Shaw, Mike, matt, General, The Spiv, me, Paul Woods, timmy, Chris Gleave, Tim Kelly, Richard Hawes, Ron Coulter, ric, Glen, stan, Dougal, Toby Spence, Mo, Billy no mates, jonesey, Fiona Hamilton, Jo Thorne, Alexander Smith, lisa groves, jo, nine, minow, justin worland, tara, Andy, Mark Walter, kayley, Mckenzie, PAUL JOHNSON, Nev, David Legg, amelia, William Canynge, kim, craig, Eddie, Kelly, Tony Hobden, simon webbe, jim, Daisy, Matt Brooks, Jim Hart, henry shaftoe, Dave MacLean, Miles, Koert DuBois, HAYDN, James, Rol, dave, martian hesse, Mark Howell, frankie, Mirrorkool, lou, Kat, paul alexander, danny jones, Nick, Mike Hennessey, Paul, Jon Wisbey, carla bartlett, Greg, gimp, max uhlein, George Kallias, Annoyed, Amy, stealth, karen thorpe, Ron Barraclough, anon, Tanya Gardiner, Martin Wilkie, WILL RICHMOND, Martine, noone, cerdrick, joe wheeler, dan, Dave Andrews, sophie smart, lydia, g.jefferies, Angela Mosimann, ro322ck, ian, Penny, Soph, Richard Hope-Hawkins, Kevin McGrath, rcst, Josie Fagan, Skip Cox, sam, Jon Allbon, Antony Shepherd, Richard McGill, generic, laurie harrod, Danny, Tilly, James Hewson, Jane Hudson, Napalm, redbanana, joey, Paddy Smith, Elaine Hopkins, jon white, Choosri, Fay, no name, Rachel, brutstool, Johnny Death, Bunny, fred, Michelle, Janner, Hannah, Rob, Jon Morgan, dj.ginsters, John, evie, Ian Wilson, bob, deL, angela, Steve
Last updated: 2017-10-17
More stuff about Bristol
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bristol Knowhere Board