Skateboarding Spots in Bristol, Bristol*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Bristol.
- Up town
- All weather spot under the M32 on Feader Rd opposite Ikea/Tesco Eastville. Mix of street and mini park. Concrete and plywood ramps, grind boxes, vert, stairs etc See the link for a tour. http://www.copsonstreet.com/skateboard-cafe-halloween-edit/
- All weather spot under the M32 on Feader Rd opposite Ikea/Tesco Eastville. Mix of street and mini park. Concrete and plywood ramps, grind boxes, vert etc See the link for a tour. http://www.copsonstreet.com/skateboard-cafe-halloween-edit/
- DEAN LANE HARDCORE
- A new park just opened in Henbury, its small- but reli smooth and has a real street feel about it. follow link 4 address - http://www.ridebmxmag.co.uk/news/bristols-423rd-crete-skatepark-opens
- hengrove, bedminster have a skatepark on dean lane, st geoges skatepark, thornbury skaatepark in south glos, lloyds bank ampitheatre, college green, little lloyds, victoria rooms, galleries 6 set, hotwells, bristol university to name a few
- YATE park outside bristol. Huge concrete bowl complex, some lovely graff on it, hard as hell to skate but so muhc fun. This is attached to a weird cobbled together skatepark with some rhino spines and a GBH/Gravity (black metal) driveay and jump box.....bit shit that part though.
There's also 3 huge concrete block ledges witha slight curve in em...you can gap them like stairs if you brave the stupidly steep downhill run up hehe....not the type of thing you want to fuck up more than twice......okay for a bit of somethign different. Not good for a days session unless you're a right old coping killer (thank you fist of fury).
- As you are heading towars lloyds from college green their is a brand new area with boxes which are about 1 foot high. It looks like there is still more to come. The only problem is that it has been heavily skateproofed.
- lloyds, college green, temple quay( sick four, lots of big sets, catch the ferry there!) andtemple way( nice banks)
- Motion Ramp Park is opening up on 74-78 Avon Street, St Philips in Bristol (behind Temple Meads Station) on Saturday 1st October '05. See www.motionramppark.co.uk for details. Test riders last night seemed pretty impressed, go check it out.
- Motion Ramp Park, where Sk8+ride used to be. 9' mini ramp. 10' vert wall. 6' spine transfer. All built from scatch. Have a look at http://www.motionramppark.com
- Magistrates Court
- Just got to the Bristol area and found out that Sk8 & Ride turned out to be a a BMX haunt.. not that i got to witness this tho.. cause ITS CLOSED!! So.. as for the other information about where to skate - dubious.
- Dean Lane Park - 2 quarter pipes a halfpipe and some other ramps. A wicked place to skate.
- Victoria rooms. Great sets from 1 to 7.
- Amazin indoor spot just off gloucester road and by the common! Sick handmade ramps! Its called Rawlins Refrigeration centre! 50:50 go down there youd rip it up!!
- Theres a sick building near horfield common! Rawlins Refrigeration Centre an old wearhouse! Hop over a fence and ur in. Great shelter from the rain! One of the nicest handrails ever! Hand made stacked ramps but solid. Reccomend to experienced skaters! Sick local Bristol skater!!!!
- College Green!
- Inside a secret building on Stokes Croft. Lovely jubbly hand crafted ramps etc.
- The sun life building on redcliffe hill has now closed down and is the perfect sk8 spot, get your boards & head over there, lots of rails to be had and loads of space for practice & a huge set of steps for those leaps of faith, have fun... a local sk8er
- skate and ride
- Little llyods, estate near the train station with gaps and mable ledge, london life is a 9 set hand rail which is also near the train station, uni ect. Can anyone email with some spots that they know of in bristol my email is email@example.com
- lloyds near collage green, its good and at the top thers a big square thats rely gud for flatland. never castle park.
- headley park- giffords place. my mate lives there an its only for him an his mates, if you're caught skating here expect pain
- 2004: Lloyds building, College green. however local council has put metal studs on a lot of the surfaces in these places. now :(
- sk8 and ride is a skate park in bristol and is worth a visit but bring ur money cuz they charge
- dustyies car park by the ice rink.
- College Green
- BACKWELL MIDI RAMP, located in Backwell Park, a good steel ramp, about 5" high, just don't skate it drunk trust me the bruises lasted weeks. Also has a nice low metal bench for grinding.
- Cromwell Rd late at night is fun...
- well a good skating spot is headley park chuch to the back of bishopsworth library, it has a little slope and a wall to drop off also it is all new tarmac for smooth riding, but watch out for townies as they hang around the gates to the mallago who sometimes chuck things and start fights, apart from that its a pretty neat spot.
- Try tescos golden hill. some nice little curbs but quite ground up and watch out for townies (its next to bristol rovers training pitches)
- hardly no where in bristol.we nead more in lockleaze please plz.
- no where that is not really cliched, ruined by the council or too full of other skate boarders
- collage green , llyoyds
- see @bristol in hook up spots
- Lloyds Amphitheatre, College Green, Little Lloyds (Bristol Bridge)
- southey park nr kingswood high street watch that space soon to get whole new surface and equiptment for boarders, bladers and bmx's currently has a nice mini ramp and a out of proportions vert (only 4 bendy kneeded sk8rs)
- Bedminster Down/Bishopsworth has about 5 different steet skate places Number 1: Legends Gym : Small blocks and walls 1 to 2 feet high already waxed up. Near Bishopsworth pool so follow signs for that. Number 2: The Pavilions: On the A38 there is a big buissness park with lots of different step sets one small hand rail. Quite good for ground tricks as it is smooth ground. Number 3: Bedminster Down Senior school some big stairs and some quite small loads of picnic benches and big ollie gaps, Best to Skate on weekdays. Number 4 : Giffords place: Cool little cul-de-sac with miles of waxed smooth curbs all smooth tar. Big plant gaps to clear opposite bishopsworth library on bishopsworth rd, one of the best places to skate. Last but not least: Water works opposite the cross hands pub: small ledges with lots of materials to make a good steet skate place out of on bedminser down hill.
- Bedminster skate park is renovated now and rocks shit
- Don't skate little lloyds coz the counsil have raped it with their gay little metal studs on the ledges and a fence at the top of the bank
- well, little llyds is no more, and college green isn't as much fun as it was - the council have finally noticed the skateboarders (only about 15 years too late) and put metal anti-skate devices in the low walls and curbs... oh well
- NEW INFO; sk8 n ride has resurfaced vert, bowled out the spine, and new outside. the outside rocks. don't ignore it. dean lane has new quarters with hip sections, they are 6 and 9 feet tall. the half pipe still has large pot- holes. so it's crap. the place looks a bit scabby, and is swarming with townies if you get your timing wrong. The little bastards on their mountain bikes gettin in yer way. also older townies sittin on top of the ramps CHUFFIN ON THEIR REEFERS! just go to sk8 n ride on a friday morning as soon as it opens.
- You have it - College green etc, much to annoyance of people trying to have a peaceful lie in the sun
(when there is any)
- College Green
Little lloyds - nr galleries
Lloyds bank - docks
Hiatt Baker- bristol university halls of residence
Sk8 n ride
- Lockleaze: Freestyle area, small half pipe and bowl. Quarter pipes which are more like launch ramps. Not much cop, gathering muck from lack of interest
- SK8 and Ride is a new indoor park on Avon Street, just behind Temple Meads railway station, about 10-15 minutes walk from central Bristol. There is also a shop, called Route One, a part of the Air Circus chain, that sells Skateboard, BMX and Rollerboot stuff, as well as clothing etc. Tthe park is open 365 days a year from 10am till midnight. If you want more specific directions give them a call on (0117) 907-9995. The owners are Dean Thomas and Kay Lowrie.
- Dame Emily park Bedminster. Mellow council skatepark. Most important of Bristol's many skate places. Sadly the council have filled in the bowls - one day I turned up and they were full of sand. Wankers! Legends now include Cardiel's bowl by-passing Ollies.
- Good hook-up spot. Lloyds Bank opposite College Green, Bristol's main street spot and hang-out, hook-up place. Heavily block and step based. Not too far from Rollermania, so they'd probably be able to help with more info (0117 9 279981)
- Youth club runs street sessions in hall. Fridays and Sunday 7-9.30. Must be 11 or over. Phone 0117 9 671619
- Barton Hill Indoor mini ramp. Phone 0117 9 551941. Still going - it's quite a good place when the rollerbladers aren't around!
- Filton Park: Zebra concrete ramp: 12' wide, 7' high.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jon H, Caeli, richard hopehawkins, toby, Happychopper, jjjjj, simon, sharyn november, charles, gaz, Lucy, Tim Weekes, Chris, BearsChoice, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jeffrey, martin kinsell, em, keef, Bazza, somebody, ian french, Roisin, Lisa Haines, Faye, Julia Morton, Emma Burton, Frances, Tanya, steve vowles, Matt Colton, Bunny hop, hazel fletcher, scott, dirtyron, katie, Jude, john mccarthy, munchies, claire Finbow, Kned, Paul J, deb, matthew simpson, Bobbie, sarah, John Nichols, rusty, anna clark, grr, rose anglim, Natalie Vincini, matt warnes, rb, CLEMENTS, notimportant, Barry Berry, simon plater, Joseph M ( MagicJ), Eric, Phil Gyford, cccc, Nny, Shaw, Mike, matt, General, The Spiv, me, Paul Woods, timmy, Chris Gleave, Tim Kelly, Richard Hawes, Ron Coulter, ric, Glen, stan, Dougal, Toby Spence, Mo, Billy no mates, jonesey, Fiona Hamilton, Jo Thorne, Alexander Smith, lisa groves, jo, nine, minow, justin worland, tara, Andy, Mark Walter, kayley, Mckenzie, PAUL JOHNSON, Nev, David Legg, amelia, William Canynge, kim, craig, Eddie, Kelly, Tony Hobden, simon webbe, jim, Daisy, Matt Brooks, Jim Hart, henry shaftoe, Dave MacLean, Miles, Koert DuBois, HAYDN, James, Rol, dave, martian hesse, Mark Howell, frankie, Mirrorkool, lou, Kat, paul alexander, danny jones, Nick, Mike Hennessey, Paul, Jon Wisbey, carla bartlett, Greg, gimp, max uhlein, George Kallias, Annoyed, Amy, stealth, karen thorpe, Ron Barraclough, anon, Tanya Gardiner, Martin Wilkie, WILL RICHMOND, Martine, noone, cerdrick, joe wheeler, dan, Dave Andrews, sophie smart, lydia, g.jefferies, Angela Mosimann, ro322ck, ian, Penny, Soph, Richard Hope-Hawkins, Kevin McGrath, rcst, Josie Fagan, Skip Cox, sam, Jon Allbon, Antony Shepherd, Richard McGill, generic, laurie harrod, Danny, Tilly, James Hewson, Jane Hudson, Napalm, redbanana, joey, Paddy Smith, Elaine Hopkins, jon white, Choosri, Fay, no name, Rachel, brutstool, Johnny Death, Bunny, fred, Michelle, Janner, Hannah, Rob, Jon Morgan, dj.ginsters, John, evie, Ian Wilson, bob, deL, angela, Steve
Last updated: 2014-07-03
More stuff about Bristol
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bristol Knowhere Board