Sports Clubs and Facilities in Bristol, Bristol*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Bristol.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- One of the only truly mixed team sport in the world - KORFBALL! Most commonly compared to netball and basketball. Great for meeting new people and keeping fit. Check out the website: www.bristolkorfball.org!
- Girls Rugby in Bristol, Interested? Looking for a Girls Rugby Team? Live around Bristol? Then why not come along to St Mary's Old Boy's Trench Lane Winterborne. Training is on Weds from 7pm. and Sundays 10am. www.ourdaysout.co.uk/Girls-Rugby-Bristol.html
- combe dingle is gd for outside sports, next generation gym is amazing, but very pricy!!
- If you're interested in playing (or watching) rugby then come along to Cotham Park Rugby club. Find out more about the club at www.cothamparkrfc.co.uk
- Interested in playing rugby? Come along to Cotham Park Rugby club. We're just over the Suspension bridge. Training is on Tuesdays from 7pm. We're a very sociable club with excellent facilities and fantastic coaches. Come along and give it a go!
- Opus life style gym (formly known as Redwood lodge) is the best gym in Bristol,if your not a member its only £10 for adults for the whole day and you can use the gym, swimming pool, sports bar, etc
- Dragon Boat racing in Bristol. Great Bunch www.bristolempiredragons.com. COOL!!!
- American Football - The Bristol Aztecs. A good team who train and play hard down at the BAWA ground in Southmead. Come check us out. Training starts in the new year (9th Jan).
- The masters snooker club has 2 professional tables (+ many standard club tables)with tight pockets and super fast cloth. All the tables I've used there are of a very high quality.
- Colstons Rugby team WOW!
- Climbing Center in St Werburghs is great. Can be quite packed sometimes but if you're interested in rock-climbing have a look. If you're looking ot start they run introductory courses but have to book well in advance. It's a converted church and is pretty mad to look at when you're inside.
- 2004: Bristol Rugby club at the Memorial ground. The Dolphin Swimming pool in Filton has recently had a refit and is pretty nice. Horfeild Sports centre is building a swimming pool atm... For martial arts, there are loads of Tang Soo Do clubs scattered around Bristol, meaning that the Bristol championships are quite big and well worth competing in: not having to go far afield for some good competition. see http://www.world-tang-soo-do.org.uk/
- ROBINS FOREVER
- Bristol City
- The Memorial stadium Home Of the ALl Mighty Gas
- jjb sports
- Birdwatching? Or Jerome's kickboxing classes above browns restaurant.. well, it's more sport karate really, but very female friendly and lots of nice like minded people.. (you sometimes even get an apology if you're kicked in the head!)
- Get your rocks off - The climbing centre in St Werburghs has indoor walls and course for beginners and experts alike. And when you're good, get down the sea walls - as much climbing as you want, outdoor and FREE!
- Swimming, Synchrnoised Swimming and Waterpolo at the Bristol University Pool run Mon, Wed, Fri (7pm onwards)& Sun (12.30pm onwards), plus other areas around the city. A cheap and effective way of keeping fit! Don't knock it until you have tried it! For more details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jon H, Caeli, richard hopehawkins, toby, Happychopper, simon, sharyn november, charles, Lucy, Tim Weekes, Chris, BearsChoice, email@example.com, Jeffrey, martin kinsell, em, keef, Bazza, somebody, ian french, Roisin, Lisa Haines, Faye, Julia Morton, Emma Burton, Tanya, steve vowles, Matt Colton, Bunny hop, hazel fletcher, scott, katie, john mccarthy, munchies, claire Finbow, Kned, deb, matthew simpson, Bobbie, sarah, John Nichols, rusty, anna clark, grr, rose anglim, Natalie Vincini, matt warnes, rb, CLEMENTS, notimportant, Barry Berry, simon plater, Joseph M ( MagicJ), Eric, Phil Gyford, Nny, Shaw, matt, General, The Spiv, me, Paul Woods, timmy, Chris Gleave, Tim Kelly, Richard Hawes, Ron Coulter, ric, Glen, stan, Dougal, Toby Spence, Mo, jonesey, Fiona Hamilton, Jo Thorne, Alexander Smith, lisa groves, jo, minow, justin worland, tara, Andy, Mark Walter, kayley, Mckenzie, PAUL JOHNSON, Nev, David Legg, amelia, William Canynge, kim, craig, Eddie, Kelly, Tony Hobden, simon webbe, jim, Matt Brooks, Jim Hart, henry shaftoe, Dave MacLean, Miles, Koert DuBois, HAYDN, James, Rol, dave, martian hesse, Mark Howell, frankie, Mirrorkool, lou, Kat, paul alexander, danny jones, Nick, Mike Hennessey, Paul, Jon Wisbey, carla bartlett, Greg, max uhlein, George Kallias, Amy, stealth, karen thorpe, anon, Tanya Gardiner, Martin Wilkie, WILL RICHMOND, Martine, noone, cerdrick, joe wheeler, dan, Dave Andrews, sophie smart, lydia, g.jefferies, Angela Mosimann, ro322ck, ian, Penny, Soph, Richard Hope-Hawkins, Kevin McGrath, rcst, Josie Fagan, Skip Cox, sam, Jon Allbon, Antony Shepherd, Richard McGill, generic, laurie harrod, Danny, Tilly, James Hewson, Jane Hudson, Napalm, redbanana, joey, Paddy Smith, jon white, Choosri, Fay, no name, Rachel, Johnny Death, Bunny, fred, Michelle, Janner, Hannah, Rob, Jon Morgan, dj.ginsters, John, evie, Ian Wilson, bob, deL, angela, Steve
Last updated: 2009-08-11
More stuff about Bristol
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bristol Knowhere Board