Arts, crafts and such in Brixton, Greater London*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Brixton.
Arts, crafts and such
- Brixton has that rare thing: an independent bookshop, run by its owners. Index Bookcentre in Electric Avenue specialises in things appropriate to Brixton - so lots of black history, black and women writers, gay and lesbian fiction and non-fiction, multicultural kids' books, etc., but you will find there new books on music or comic books. It hosts lots of writer events, too, and takes stalls out to south London events. And it has a website at www.indexbooks.co.uk/brixton.html
- After gigs you can always buy posters & t-shirts designed by the people who sell them to you. Fantastic.
- Panic! Brixton Poetry, founded in 1998, is a print magazine and e-zine of poetry and art dedicated to the myriad voices of Brixton, South London and beyond. Over 30 poets, seven visual artists and several short story writers are featured. Panic! has recently established a list of titles and intends to publish six titles a year in print and electronic formats. In addition, Panic! has two extensive links pages.
Panic! is committed to free expression and will not tolerate censorship.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, tony amos, Darren, annem, kelly foster, vikas, judith bonner, james, jim, Chris, D*, Tev, Dan, Linton, Simon Bray, Mark Pilkington, generic, Kels, Ed Simpson, henry, Elaine, mandy mackie, Sarah, suse, blackpad, Zelda Rhiando, Jimmy, Abby Wood, Geraldine Homewood, jay, Juno, Jonas Jaanimagi, Stephanie, stuart, Stephen Gilchrist, Michelle, Jim Luchte, Melaine, clare fitz, Rob, Simon, wendy, Pete Taylor, Dirk, Eddie Brennan, Stephen, Simon Edwards, lala, Andy, colin, John Temperley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Brixton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brixton Knowhere Board