Live Music Venues in Brixton, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Brixton.
Live Music Venues
- SATAY BAR BRIXTON! NEW LIVE MUSIC EVERY THURSDAY UNTIL THE END OF MAY 2005 (check www.sataybar.com for more info in June)
HOSTED BY DREADKEY FROM 1ST LOVE MUSIK, ACOUSTIC RNB/SOUL SHOWCASES WITH GREAT UP AND COMING ARTISTS PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS LIKE SHARLENE HECTOR, MELISSA BELL!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, FREE ENTRANCE. STARTS AROUND 9PM EVERY THURSDAY!!!!!!!!
- The Windmill is a great place to hang out , see music from all over the world and generally enjoy your evening!
- Queen in Bellfields Road (2 mins from Academy) - kick off on Sunday 29th February around 6pm (will run once a month) a Music Club - 'Songs of Praise'as in Praise the lord there is one more night to the WEEKEND. They serve food until around 6pm and then there will be acoustic sets by well known local musicians (some more famous then others!).
- February 2004: The Windmill pub, on Blenheim gardens has an incredibly eclectic range of performers, reasonably priced beer and a great atmosphere!
- The Effra Tavern - live jazz every night. Cheap bar.
- the academys pa sytem is so old now. They need to renew it, or people are gonna realise how shit the bands are sounding. The support bands engineer needs to cater a little better to his clients needs.
- The Fridge
- The Academy
This venue has been saved as a rock and music venue by the Break for the Border group.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, tony amos, Darren, annem, kelly foster, vikas, judith bonner, james, jim, Chris, D*, Tev, Dan, Linton, Simon Bray, Mark Pilkington, generic, Kels, Ed Simpson, henry, Elaine, mandy mackie, Sarah, suse, blackpad, Zelda Rhiando, Jimmy, Abby Wood, Geraldine Homewood, jay, Juno, Jonas Jaanimagi, Stephanie, stuart, Stephen Gilchrist, Michelle, Jim Luchte, Melaine, clare fitz, Rob, Simon, wendy, Pete Taylor, Dirk, Eddie Brennan, Stephen, Simon Edwards, lala, Andy, colin, John Temperley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Brixton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brixton Knowhere Board