The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else in Brixton, Greater London*
The things which can't be categorised
You can tell us more about Brixton.
The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- So it's not strictly Brixton except the lovely people from Brixton Cycle Club have a good presence here...Herne Hill Velodrome. It's over 100 years old and still going strong. It is unique, so come and experience the speed of a cycle track...no gears no brakes and there is mountain biking too... all just a walk away from Brixton town.
- someone said on the message board bout the worst thing was the riots why is that when you mention brixton people always remember the riots please let me remind you out there, there was only one. plus there is a sainsburys now
- did you know that electric avenue was the first street in the country to get electric lights????
- I would like to inform you of the latest project by Panic! Brixton Poetry - Panic! Poetry Movies online at:
This unique project makes available performances at the Brixton Art Gallery from some of the best South London poets.
The initial four movies include Jim Luchte, Roseanna Raymond, Abdul Malik, and the Serbian singer Olivera.
We hope you will share this information with your readers.
Panic! Brixton Poetry
- Again, people have smoked cannabis openly in Brixton for years, but now new laws allow police to confiscate your stash & slap your wrist within five mintues, meaning they don't mind doing it. Before it took too much time & paperwork so they wouldn't bother. THey have done this, & somehow, conned the entire country into believing they have 'relaxed' the laws, by not arresting people on the spot for smoking cannabis. I can't believe it's 2001, I really can't.
- the great murals that go up around brixton.
never buy ganga off a dodgy rasta on coldharbour lane - my mate did and he got home to find that he was smoking bark.
- Clapham Sainsburys is amazing
Brixton is Banging
- In worked in brixton in 1979 in a Social Office.
I found the people also working there to be the most po faced
morose ignorant ill bred twits Id ever seen before.
They constantly attempted to put me down and take the mickey
out of me because I was white,middle class and from a nice home with
2 heterosexual non abusing parents.
After a few months I or them parted waysand I have never regretted it!
My impression was that Brixton was a profoundly depressing,bitter and immoral
place with people who were actually evil.
A few months after I left the area massive 1981 riots erupted.Apres moi le deluge!
- Love the market, lots of good fruit and veg, it's the chaos vibe;-)
- Much better than Clapham! - I moved to escape the dull middle-class 'niceness' of Clapham - but its still close enough to reach Clapham within 10 mins
- Buy your insense from the Rasta who stands outside the tube stop calling out "Insense!". It is good good quality, cheap, and he is a very nice man. Cheers!
- Number 7, gay and lesbian guest house
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jane, tony amos, Darren, annem, kelly foster, vikas, judith bonner, james, jim, Chris, D*, Tev, Dan, Linton, Simon Bray, Mark Pilkington, generic, Kels, Ed Simpson, henry, Elaine, mandy mackie, Sarah, suse, blackpad, Zelda Rhiando, Jimmy, Abby Wood, Geraldine Homewood, jay, Juno, Jonas Jaanimagi, Stephanie, stuart, Stephen Gilchrist, Michelle, Jim Luchte, Melaine, clare fitz, Rob, Simon, wendy, Pete Taylor, Dirk, Eddie Brennan, Stephen, Simon Edwards, lala, Andy, colin, John Temperley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Brixton
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Brixton Knowhere Board