Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Bromley, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Bromley.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- I've seen Big Mo from EASTENDERS UP THERE A FEW TIMES. Oh and that crap couple from Big Brither are in it, Mario and Lisa - Gargantuan pair they are that spend their day milling around shops looking left and right, hoping they'll be noticed. I ignore them purposely
- Jamie Foreman
- Jon from SClub used to live in Bromley. He used to go out in Bromley with his sister!
- Andy Johnson, Crystal Palace captain! John Macon, former Man City now Palace aswell, seen him at my school picking up his kids. Thierry Henry has a house in Bickley, Graham "Cole??", copper from the Bill. We all know about Gary Rhodes and his mad hair, seen him loads in Bromley, Simon "someone??" host on Popworld, channel 4. Matt Lucus, Little Britain star, lives in Bromley North apparently. Steve Bennett, premiership referee used to live in Orpington, now i think lives in Bromley, Chris Tarrant USED to live in Bromley and finally Cheryll Baker, the women from World Record Breakers or what ever that boring program was that was on years ago.
- Grave of Thomas Crapper, who did remarkable things for the toilet industry, is buried in Beckenham Crematorium. David Bowie used to gig in "the Three Tuns" on beckenham high street, which is now a Zizzis
- Kate Lawler, oh woo-freakin-hoo, not worth lookin out for really.
- H G Wells, the guy who wrote war of the worlds (not the film tho cos i think hes dead now)
- H.G. Wells, was born where Alders now is.
- Josh Lewsey the England Rugby world cup winner was born in Bromley.
- Apparantly Jon who used to be in S club lives here?
- hmmmm none!
- Kate Lawler From BB, couple of blokes from lock stock and 2 smoking barrels, barry from eastenders, & a couple of gangsters
- David Bowie used to live in Malmains Way and played in the Rat & Parrot a lot
- HANDY ANDY!
- Eric Liddel. Who? Good point.
- Hale (or Pace. do you really care?) Floella Benjamin used to live in Mackenzie Rd, but that's clutching at straws a bit. Oh, and Kate Lawler, but she doesn't count.........
- Anybody ever heard about the band Demon Pact from Hayes,Donald Meckiffe vocals,Richard Dickerson guitar,Roy Bridle bass and Iain Finlay drums they released an amazing 7" in 1981,and are now concidered as a cultband.What a shame these guys should be number 1 on your local heroes list.
- whoever said the Krays are from Beckenham is a nutter they were from the east end to be precise vale road in bethnall green FOOL
- Kim Metcalf (Sam Mitchell in Eastenders) went to Newstead Wood
- david bowie went to Ravenswood school
- David Bowie, Boy (girl ?) George, HG Wells, Siouxy Sioux of the Banshees Steve Strange and quite a few make up wearing posters
- Charles Darwin grew up in a shop on the high street
- H.G Wells, Enid Blyton, Kelly Brook has been shopping in the glades shopping centre
- Handy Andy
- nigel ben lives near beckenham place park
- Sgt Albert Clarkson RFC
third shot down by Von Richtofen
- H.G Wells (hence the labour H.Q. in the H.G.Wells centre
Siouxsie and the Banshees
- Brian Murphy (of George aand Mildred fame) lives in the cottage opposite Shortlands Station.
- Hunter from the gladiators always knocks about....tosser
Wolf the gladiator has a gym in Hayes..Emma Noble and James Major have moved
into Lubbock Rd ..Chislehurst
- they had micheal crawford in the glades recently -- but who cares .
another example of how tacky the place is -- book signings -- thought they died out years ago....
- Nick Heyward from Haircut 100 (lived in Beckenham) Chris Tavare , England Cricketer (Schooled in Orpington) Jeremy Beadle (Schooled in Orpington) David Bowie (Beckenham)
- Andy Green the pilot of Thrust II, the first man to break the sound barrier in a car Jeremy Beadle Bob Munkhouse
- Hale and Pace reside in the area as does Danny Baker.
- Billy Idol
- Siouxsie Sioux
- Steve Severin (NB: the Bromley contingent played a seminal role in the birth of Punk in the '70s)
- David Bowie
- Hanif Kureshi (wrote 'The Buddha of Suburbia' - set in Bromley and Anerley)
- Leslie Grantham (from St Mary Cray, apparently)
- I can't believe nobody's mentioned H.G.Wells!
- Thomas Crapper (toilet inventor)
- Walter DelaMere (Poet)
- W.G. Grace (cricketer)
- Robbie Vincent (Former LBC D.J lives in Beckenham).
- Norman Pace (Hale & Pace) and Karl Howman both live in Chislehurst.
- I believe that Dr. Samuel Johnson (of the Dictionary fame) was buried in Bromley...
- Peter Frampton
- William Pitt is buried in St Mary the Virgin, Old Hayes
- Enid Blyton. was head girl at St Christopher's The Krays are from beckenham. Sergeant Bob Crier from the Bill Nigel Benn
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: railway hotel, sophie, S ROBINSON, Richard Clarkson, Lewis Rees, Chris, Will Oxlade, dobber, Faydra, Rosh, TONY, scott mcmillan, Trisha, Earl Lewis, Omar Sharif, Phil Waller, Steph, geezer, Jawfish, D.Hughes, lucy, adam, Frazar Norton, katie, X, Hannah Wing, Pobsy, sarah, roo, kq, ads, Kel, r clark, Steve Shemilt, sportster, Danny Baldwin, LL, Peter, jack, Mike, sue hastings, Dave Brown, Pete Ravenscroft, Nick Varan, binar, Liz Ledwon, Cameron, Sinead, theo, Sharifah Noralinda, Sam, Ben, JamPot, pete, Matthew, Caroline Mahoney, dins, Nick Moore, ant, jo, Dieter G, James h, Hana Bettell, Nathaniel Mitchell, Paul Bevan, Aidan Corcoran, Greg issom, lisa stebbings, Jimi_A, Nick Wood, Webby, Sophie adn Hannah, sweetie, chloe, vicky kinahan, will brian, amelia, Chelsey, mark, Mike Gibson, Will, rosie, Dan, Becky, christian hobson, James, Brad The Drummer, anita white, Kirsty Henning, s n j, Rebecca French, Mick Smith, Rosamond, sam friend, don juan, Amy, betty, Philip Tindley, sikander, Louisa Rust, paul murtagh, Dee, Fran, Jas, Sam Bassett, loz, emma, Stephen Read, BRENDAN CARRICK, Ben M, Guido Gevels, Jayson Robinson, generic, Sue Wood, I, phil micorry, C. Harris, Rachel Ablett, Law Anderson, Lucy Freeman, poppy, Phil Morris, sarah franklin, Gem, Jake Gordon, ben hunt, Tom Queen, chris elmer, Dominic Ford, Sam Whatmough, Rob, lisa, Glenn Robinson, i middleton, errolyn, james read, Sarah Hayes, angela
Last updated: 2010-12-02
More stuff about Bromley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bromley Knowhere Board