Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Bromley.
- Lloyds on a weekday afternoon, you cant beat it (just dont order anything with potatoe in it as it'll be bollock warm
- mmmmmmmm subway
- i said this earlier the best place wher u can pick up a coke and a bacon sandwich for 50p
is salvation army
- Pizza on Demand (Croydon Rd, Beckenham) always has some form of a deal on.. its pretty average food but by 'eck its cheap- just don't order the spare ribs which appear to be made of "beast". Also "The place to be" is a reasonably priced ice cream parlour- much nicer than the overpriced stuff they sell in the park
- McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Misos, you name it, Bromleys probably got it.
- K.F.C MACCY D'S LOADZA PLACES!
- burger king ?
- Everyone here must check out lals opposite the boots bustop and sanwiched inbetween bromley bike shop and zizzis. Poor Mr Lal has very few customers but his greek and turkish food is the best and very reasonably priced. At lunch time you can get a main course and a glass of wine for two people for £6.00. CHECK IT OUT!!
- Well, having spent a lot of my time lately travelling to, from or through Bromley, I've managed to narrow down the three best restaurants in the area (or certainly near The Glades). Firstly is Ferrari's, which is definitely the best local Italian. Enthusiastic and typically Italian service, coupled with a decent selection of food wines and digestifs. Secondly is Mono, two doors down from Ferrari's. This is a surprisingly sophisticated yet accessible brasserie which is probably the only place I've found south of the river that can barbeque ribs properly. Lastly is L'Abbaye, the Belgian restaurant just off the garden area of The Glades. Spacious, loud and friendly, it's a great place for parties and get-togethers. The food is also excellent and they supply a great range of proper Belgian beers (just make sure you try the Pauwel Kwak if you're a beer fan!). They also do some of the best steaks I've had apart from in central London or the south of France.
- Abbaye Belguim bar is Fab with great beers and food. Opens the doors up in the summer.(Walk down the side of Zara and turn left through the doors.)
- Cafe Y's!!! sh*t hot food, Sky Sports and a cute waitress. O'Neills does good steak, as does Maya. Caligulette's amazing, but ruin their review by employing the fat bird who sings opera in the corner.
- KFC KFC KFC !!!!!!
- NANDOS NANDOS NANDOS SUBWAY SUBWAY SUBWAY
- I cannot believe no-one hasd mentioned "Y's" next to Bromley North Station! The food is utterly fabulous and the owners/staff soooo friendly. It turns into a wine bar in the evening and has a great selection of wines, beers, spirits etc.
- too many kfcs, burger kings, and macdonalds that attract the trash that inhabit the desolate streets and bring down the social fabric around the eyes of those unfortunate innocents caught within
- Ferraris on eat street kicks arz
- gotta say the best place for chinese noodle dishes is noodle time just a street away from the odeon
- Quatro Amici's (Not sure of spelling) BEST RESTUARANT IN BROMLEY!! The food is out of the world, the staff are fun and friendly and they have entertainment there too! Located near the cinema. Try it you'll love it.
- I'm surprised no-one has yet mentioned cafe MONO on east street, bromley. We used to eat in London mostly but having discovered mono, why bother. For almost have the price I can get great food and a great atmosphere. What I really like is although its quite sophisticated its really friendly and the service is brilliant.
- Quattro Amici at the top end of the High Street near the cinema is a great place to eat Good value and attentive staff and an excellent chef make it well worth a visit
- Burger king is k. Mcdonalds is always crowded
- The Bromley Grill opposite South station offers mega fry-ups at reasonable prices.
- loads of restaurants, fast food places (2 mcDonalds, Burger King etc.), good pub food
- Maya - Mexican/American restaurant up by the cinema. Great food, fab cocktails and a superb price.
- Giardinos has to be the best sandwich place in Bromley, I recommend the coronation chicken! But watch out for the waiters, they do like to stroke your hand when they give you your change!
- Can't remember the name but the restaurant next to the Townhouse pub is superb. Really good service and excellent food - well worth a visit !!!
- Good Indian at the Akash (long established)near the Odeon, Tamasha (expensive but also award - winning) on Widmore road or the new one on Mason's Hill.
Chinese OK at the Mandarin Palace.
Burgers - better go elsewhere, Dillingers (Hayes) is FAR better than anything in Bromley itself (gets very busy).
- Miso noodle bar opposite the Firkin pub. Superb.
- the best place for food in bromley is the fu du chinese takeaway in shortlands- best in the world. other than that I can only think of sainsburys and waitrose.
- Our only chip shop in the highstreet should be avoided...
- in bromley town there are 0 worth mentioning -- but then again why would you open one -- look at the potential customer base.. much more MCD's type of folk.
Sugest beckenham - where chateux deuf is ok -- and some other restaurants just manage to serve acceptable food. -- if you like Indian food / chineese you can do ok in bromley -- notably The New India Restaurant(east street) or the more up-market Tamasha(widmore road - slightly outside )- Mandarin palace - widmore road.
- There's a brilliant newish Indian restuarant on Mason's Hill, as you're coming in to town from Bromley Common. It's near The Bitter End (incidentely, the finest Off Licence in Bromley)It's called Cafe Spice, or something like that. Best home delivery in town.
- The Tamasha in Widmore road does the best curry in the South East but pricey. The Raj next to the Sovereign in Petts Wood has a permanent half price and serves Carling as well as the normal Kingfisher and Elephant beer
- The best Indian take-away in the world is the Penge Tandoori. Free delivery to Bromley, Beckenham. starters, couple of mains, bread, rice , veg dish all under £14 Make it £15 and you get a free bottle of wine.
- If you're shopping, try the department store cafes. Fish'n'chips - Tom Bells in East Street - very good.
- Two McDonalds: the High Street and the Glades. Also Burger King. But the best burgers in Bromley are at The Hollywood Bowl on EAST STREET not far from the Post Office which itself is just down the street from Mickey Dees. The best nearby "real pub" is Prince Fred; go north on College Road about 1/2 mile or so to a big round-about with a Mobil station, then take the side street to its left, go one block and there it is.
- If you don't want fast food (and, hey, who does?), try The Bird In Hand (on the way to Bickley), or The Crown (a Beefeater pub on Bromley Common).
- The food hall in the Glades is monstrously expensive. Avoid like the proverbial plague.
- There's the usual fast food places, plus a few cafes in the Glades (not in the food court thing).
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: railway hotel, sophie, S ROBINSON, Richard Clarkson, Lewis Rees, Chris, Will Oxlade, dobber, Faydra, Rosh, TONY, scott mcmillan, Trisha, Earl Lewis, Omar Sharif, Phil Waller, Steph, geezer, Jawfish, D.Hughes, lucy, adam, Frazar Norton, katie, X, Hannah Wing, Pobsy, sarah, roo, kq, ads, Kel, r clark, Steve Shemilt, sportster, Danny Baldwin, LL, Peter, jack, Mike, sue hastings, Dave Brown, Pete Ravenscroft, Nick Varan, binar, Liz Ledwon, Cameron, Sinead, theo, Sharifah Noralinda, Sam, Ben, JamPot, pete, Matthew, Caroline Mahoney, dins, Nick Moore, ant, jo, Dieter G, James h, Hana Bettell, Nathaniel Mitchell, Paul Bevan, Aidan Corcoran, Greg issom, lisa stebbings, Jimi_A, Nick Wood, Webby, Sophie adn Hannah, sweetie, chloe, vicky kinahan, will brian, amelia, Chelsey, mark, Mike Gibson, Will, rosie, Dan, Becky, christian hobson, James, Brad The Drummer, anita white, Kirsty Henning, s n j, Rebecca French, Mick Smith, Rosamond, sam friend, don juan, Amy, betty, Philip Tindley, sikander, Louisa Rust, paul murtagh, Dee, Fran, Jas, Sam Bassett, loz, emma, Stephen Read, BRENDAN CARRICK, Ben M, Guido Gevels, Jayson Robinson, generic, Sue Wood, I, phil micorry, C. Harris, Rachel Ablett, Law Anderson, Lucy Freeman, poppy, Phil Morris, sarah franklin, Gem, Jake Gordon, ben hunt, Tom Queen, chris elmer, Dominic Ford, Sam Whatmough, Rob, lisa, Glenn Robinson, i middleton, errolyn, james read, Sarah Hayes, angela
Last updated: 2010-12-02
More stuff about Bromley
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bromley Knowhere Board