The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Burnt Oak.
- Loads in Burntoak and Edgware, also the Dss in Edgware. Where you run the gaunlet of the lasy shites abusing you, and asking for some cash for the phone.
- The pubs in Burnt Oak are certainly worth a visit, particularly The Bald Faced Stag and The Lansdowne (previously The Broadway). The previous author couldn't have visited for some years. The food at The Bald Faced Stag is superb value for money and the pub is a great place to be these days.
- Once again the only venue that ant sane person would drink in is the Lansdowne. Conways is about the only other deasent pub in the area. These two pubs are also a dam site cheaper than the other local open prisons that they call pubs in the area.
- The 'Prince of Wales' is a very pleasant, well-run Irish pub. Nice stout and cheap and tasty pub grub. The 'Bald Faced Stag' and 'Broadway' are standard urban working class boozers. 'Conways' and 'Blarneys' are rather grim, characterless places.
- None you would go to, unless you were Charles Bronson armed with an Uzi; without mentioning any names, Burnt Oak pubs are known for having rapes in the toilet, murders in the car parks and in one particular liscenced establishment, a fruit machine that would regularly be carried out of the pub by persons other than the landlord; the selfsame pub would regularly be torched if an overenthusiastic governor tried to ban the local crims who really DID run the place.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Michelle, Jonathan Tunde-Wright, vanilla, Hilary Finch, Steffani, MURRAY, Linda, generic, Pauline, amanda, Malachy Keane, abdul aziz, Glen
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Burnt Oak
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Burnt Oak Knowhere Board