Cinemas in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk*
Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Bury St Edmunds.
- The cinema down Hatter Street is very much in the 'old style' with spotlights shining on the heavy curtains, and more variety with 'world cinema' being shown. A good place to go if you want to escape from the multiplex full ofgiggling youths who constantly chat and text during the film
- If you want to sit in sits made for ur grandmother when she was about 12 then the hollywood cinema will do you nicely, right next to a bingo hall as well. otherwise be like normal people and go to cineworld.
- The new cinema on Parkway is fantastic.
- New cinema on Parkway is bloody brilliant. Most people in Bury are so thick that the bright lights confuse them so they think it is expensive?!!
- Cineworld(the new multiplex) beats the now known as Hollywood cinema
- The new cinema is open now. It has 8 (I think) screens and bcoz its cineworld it shows all the new films as well as all the special offers. It also has a good restaurant there (Ask), 2 crap restaurants (Frankie and Bennys, Tootsies) and 2 nice new fast food places (KFC, Subway). Go to the new cinema, the old one is crap.
- just being built
- Old cinema (the odeon)... 2 screens, v. expensive, uncomfortable, cramped and empty
New cinema.... not been in yet, but looks fab..
- yay the bury cinema is a legend but god its crap! im glad the cinema will be built soon
- formerly a great little flea pit now a odeon and its gonna get worse there are murmurings of multiplex
- Just a crappy little odeon aka abc which only shows the old has been films on those gum riddon chairs and all those 9 yr olds who are allowed in to a 15 film... they don't half giggle and talk alot!
- Bury cinema is a flea-pit with uncomfortable seats that make you itch. Could not even contemplate going there to watch a three hour epic such LOTR. Get on and build the new one so we don't all have to go to Ipswich or Cambridge.
- Its ok, think its an odeon, you'd probably be better off going to Ipswich or Cambridge but its ok if you dont have a car to go any where else!
- theres one cinema in bury with 2 screens, i wouldnt bother travelling miles to see a film somewhere else. its small but fine.
- a pretty crappy cinema but it is ok. They were thinking of turning the old cattle market car park into a new cinema. Hahaha that would ruin the G-boys Saturday nite out!
- The cinema is crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- its brillant. . . . . . . not
- BURY CINEMA
- Cinema very friendly,if a little poky.
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA DON'T EVEN GO THERE
- quasar? that would b ace but sadly no! my friends got a widescreen tv bigger than the cinema, a multiplex was supposed to be built 5 yrs ago but it's still never happened! used to have rollerbury but that is another fitness gym thing there's plenty of them!!!
- I live in Thetford but work in bury, but id rather take a trip to Norwich UCI.
- If you would like a prickly arse for the duration of the film and an attractive pattern on your butt cheeks for a couple of weeks, then the two-screen (two-screen!!) cinema in Bury St. Edmunds is the one for you. Hoopla!
- go to cambridge, ipswich, anywhere!!!!!1
- Travel anyhere, anyhow to escape the Bury Cinema, walk if you have to, don't bother with the ABC it's crap. Good parts about it...old fashioned curtains and the guy selling icecream at the interval which is good for a laugh.
- Theres the ABC cimema (correct me i'm wrong) in bury but it does'nt have a huge range of films (2 screens) and it would definately be worth going to the Cambrige Warnewr Bros. instead as the seats are HUGE! Also Bury Bowl is there so you can impress your mates with your huge amount of skill.
- The local cinema is pretty basic, but could soon be facing competition with a new multiplex-presantly fighting in the courts for a place in this lovely, quiet town. Untill then however a trip to nearby Ipswichs' Virgin multiplex is in order!
- There is a massive new Virgin cinema that has just been built in Ipswich, which is worth going to. They do Student discounts
which is always good, and there is lots of choice. Bury cinema is definately not worth visiting!
- DON'T GO TO THe CINEMA IN BURY! it's a rip off, the choice of films is shit and the screens are tiny. You are better off driving to the Warner Brothers Cinema in Cambridge.
- Not offence to pat but the ABC cinema is a pile of shit, it costs the earth to get in and they refuse to give discounts to students but never fear coz in no time we will have a great big MGM or warner village instead of a stupid cattle market.
- Don't go to the cinema in Bury, go to the Warner Brothers multiplex in Cambridge instead.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mr xenon, Boli, Bmx, mick, Alec J, DarrenPamplin, laura, Will, Matt, ross (cat) camardo, Dug Dingle, sarita swain, Dan, Michelle Everitt, Susie, natalie, Peter H, Adrian Thomas, Kitty S.A. Wyer, kevin clifford, janey, chelleby, steve favell, Den, edmund, lucy, Moldy, The12thAbbot, LIAM, CJ, owen, Mike w, ross(cat)camardo, gareth greenway, Katy Barker, jason_tsh, Michael Bennett, the James wild appreciation society, Irrelevent Boy, martin dewar, Bob, robbie, AK, Robert Gull, Lloyd Kimber, Steve Rhodes, Louise Aspinall, Douglas Green, Dan Kelly, Selina Hulme, bx, sue gibbs, ali, Lochlann Brown, Rachel Thomas, Gareth Holloway, Debbie Burke, Becca, mike, VirtualGhost, Milly Davison, Andrew Babba, Indy, sam, BiGtOm, simon Green, Jim Bourne, Amanda Washbrook, generic, chevette fan club (japan), sharon, Pete Sottrel, Mark, laurie, mark jackson, green eyes, Ri, Big Bob, Derek Langley, danee, Kate Davey, bobby smith, Scott Clapsadle, baz, Marina, Richard Clark, rsan, Dave Hitchman, Mr. Fad Gadget, Chicken, ailsa, Zoe Rumsey, adam brighton, pamela finch, mara
Last updated: 2010-02-20
More stuff about Bury St Edmunds
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bury St Edmunds Knowhere Board