Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Bury St Edmunds.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Brazillias. Extreme. avoid them both unless you want aids or a bottle to the face by some chav. There are some good bars around, The Hyde is awesome if a bit small. And full of culford people usually. Ambition if you are crazy and dont value signal on your phone.
- None. LF1 and Brazilias.... Woo Hoo, which one do I choose? Slappers and squaddies EVERY. SINGLE. WEEKEND.
- Right you lot! You always winge about there being no decent nights in Bury.. Well we're doing something completely different, it launchs on the 31st of March at studio 3..(please check out the events section)..We're giving you lot a chance to experience music that you would usually have to travel miles to listen to.
Bring your friends, bring your mum, bring anyone..just make sure they're over 18! And I know that you will be pleasently surprised. Whats more, if this night hit's it off we will have a regular thing, so no more need to winge about the porter cabbin full of the people you see week in week out. Come along and ENJOY!
- Right, this page is sooooo out of date. Its worth noting that plans have been drawn up to remove Bury's clubs from station hill, towards town centre, (more specifically the cattle market redevelopment,) so tourists don't have to walk in vomit when they first arrive in Bury.
Clubs: Brazillia, (the Hut on the Hill). v. commercial, v. small, owned by a large entertainments group. not fantastic, but quite fun. Distinct lack of toilet facilities though. Recently refitted, no more tiger print!! yay! still sticky carpets tho. Cheese night is worth a visit, other wise avoit. Remarkably young clientele, many many chavs, and just as many fights :-S
NRG - used to be LF1. Now has a club section and a bar section. The club bit is the same as LF1's, only now with a cocktail bar, slushy machine, and alot of spangly lights. Too much white paint too. The bar is the same, only now filled with huge sofas, and with a non smoking area. The search EVERYONE, and there is a woman who opens doors for you, NICE! Other than that it is appauling, the dj's are amateurish, more like caberet than a club, and the bar area has music blaring out of the speakers so you can't even talk! It is worth noting though that NRG is good for a cheap night out, as they pay the taxi fare for you on presentation of reciept at bar, and the give u free drinks... the more u go, the better the drink.
Last club is xtreme, local favourite of sixth formers. Very very repetitive, bar downstairs, club up. Very very very rude manager. Go once, have a good time, never go again. Its like groundhogs day, going twice just spoils the memories of the first time, as u realise u've done it all before!!
The only other place is studio 3 - neither a bar or a club. has a strip club some mondays, not good, and a ladies night, (£8 all u can drink for the girls),
- if you want your dink SPIKED dont go to BRAZILIAS. My mate had her drink spiked there, had to go off in an ambulance and the staff didnt give a bugger........
- wooooo brazilias is crap! but go to newmarket and deniros aint bad and not ot fsr away from bury
- brazilia's is the best club ever, no where else can you spend the whole night without the people you came with because you know absolutely everyone in there but it's right next to uk best kebsb, which if you hadn't guessed by the name is uk's best kebab!
- at 148 york road there is a massive new club that blows the others out of the water, robbies is the name!
- Hay, I more or less grew up in bury, minus a few years, I now away, I happened 2 chance on this web site while trying 2 look 4 bínuts, or the caravan web site! I wanted 2c the drunken mixed up moments of when I came home last weekend and went into bís. it was weird being back, I hadnít told many people I was home, but I didnít need to, they were all there! I barely danced to the pure cheesy music, or actually paid 4t ova priced drinks, (the drink prices in a clubS up here r unbelievably cheep (student life!)) as I couldnít move for old friends and forgotten enemies! God I loved it! If u loose ur friends u know u will find them b4 the night is out, u kno u wont ave 2 walk around like a bill coz coz u will always c sum1 u kno! U donít ave 2 try there, u donít ave 2 impress, u drink b4 u go in as not every1 is made of money! & u have a laugh. It aint a clubbing, it aint even dancing, its just a lot of drunken people u randomly know dancing in a portacabin, and I woundnít change it for the world
- brazilla aka the hut on the hill, this is perhaps the worlds most happening porta kabin just waiting for it to blow away in the next storm taking all the sad washed out looking 30+ women and remarkably fresh faced youngsters with it, LF1 good for a laff on thursdays with karioke but thats about all
- brazilias is class, full of II sqdn lads, ave it
- The caravan! I mean Brazillias
- It has to be Brazilias, where you pay London prices for drinks with backwater people. RIP Chicagos, at least it had character...
- Brazilias, LF1, dunno bout any others, i'm not really into clubs!
- The Avenue has cheap drinks, that obviously watered down and is a ridiculously easy place 2 pull. Brazilias has a massive gay community not unlike the rest of Bury
- Simons bar definately quality wide screen tellys evry-where
- There is one sort of ok club which has just started up called La Fontana, the outside looks kinda dodgy but it's a lot better than anything else in Bury
- Brazilias is a hole!Oh yes it is!
- Having lived in Bury most my life have yet to see anything that I would call a club! oh yeah there's an old terrapin like the sort of temp. classrooms U used to get at school that's been painted! but to be honest, music is rubbish it's really pricey and crowd is v. young.
- There all crap!
- I suppose the fact that our nightclubs are soooo crap would account for the fact that some young lads prefer to drive round and round and round the buttermarket all night in their cars with the music pumping out!!
- Boris is the best for a girls night out and the before said squaddies. Cheese night on a thursday is the best especially the kebab fighst outside after.
- AAAAGHHHH!!!!! Brazilia's wins hands-down in being officially the worst nightclub in the world. Full of nobs fighting accompanied by very, very, very, very bad music. Oh, and it is a Portakabin.
- Brazilias is a dive but the inaccessability to other towns nearby makes it the only option (unfortunately. Whatever is even worse.
- a fan of 'cheese', I give Brazilias the thumbs up for a good night out, but too many visits in the month and it gets very dull. Wednesdays at Whatever are wicked. If you're into big clubs, which I am not, go visit Norwich, Ipswich or even Newmarket.
- Brazillias is like a small caravan, but if your with your mates and can make a night, it's not too pricy and the blokes can really be quite fit! Chicago's was a rough dive, but I think with the aid of new management, a facelift creating "Whatever" has greatly improved the place. Drinks are nearly always, as far as I can see £1.50 till 11pm, the DJ is amazing in the looks dept. need I say more. Wed. night also has a fab Karioky, arriving sometime after 9pm should ensure a good crown and still plenty of time to get the bevies in!
- Just to set the record straight, Cub Brazillia is fab for a night out, as long as you don't take it too seriously. My friends and I always have a good night there, and there are always fit men (Squadies)
Yes it's cheesy, but it's great! If you want better clubs, then there is a fab night life in Ipswich, which is only about 20 mins away. The club formerly known as Holywoods is a cracking night out, as
well as a new club called Liquid not far out from the centre of town. There's also Pals which is really good, set on three levels for varying tastes in music. The bars are also nice if you just fancy a pub crawl!
The men are far superior here also!
- All the clubs in Bury are shite, but "Whatever" is alright to on a Monday night, as it's free entry and £1 for drinks all night, which is just as well, as you will need to consume a lot of alcohol to block out the crap music and so you can't focus on all the unattractive blokes.
- Brazillia's has just launched a ladie's drink for free evening every friday- I suggest we get out there and Bleed 'em dry. There is also Chicago's or
" Shit-cargo's" as we like to call it. Monday night's are now 80's night. It's very bad, but it's £1 a pint and it's a hell of alot better since Gravy and Garf got sacked.
- All the clubs in Bury are absolute toss. Most of the best times I had were at illegal raves in thetford Forest.
- Chicagos is a good, if small night club
- The Avenue is good for older (30+) people
- Club Brazillias is good for the younger crowd.
- Chicago's (the club) is ok on Monday nights when it plays what the people want. Also drinks are only 90p.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mr xenon, Boli, Bmx, mick, Alec J, DarrenPamplin, laura, Will, Matt, ross (cat) camardo, Dug Dingle, sarita swain, Dan, Michelle Everitt, Susie, natalie, Peter H, Adrian Thomas, Kitty S.A. Wyer, kevin clifford, janey, chelleby, steve favell, Den, edmund, lucy, Moldy, The12thAbbot, LIAM, CJ, owen, Mike w, ross(cat)camardo, gareth greenway, Katy Barker, jason_tsh, Michael Bennett, the James wild appreciation society, Irrelevent Boy, martin dewar, Bob, robbie, AK, Robert Gull, Lloyd Kimber, Steve Rhodes, Louise Aspinall, Douglas Green, Dan Kelly, Selina Hulme, bx, sue gibbs, ali, Lochlann Brown, Rachel Thomas, Gareth Holloway, Debbie Burke, Becca, mike, VirtualGhost, Milly Davison, Andrew Babba, Indy, sam, BiGtOm, simon Green, Jim Bourne, Amanda Washbrook, generic, chevette fan club (japan), sharon, Pete Sottrel, Mark, laurie, mark jackson, green eyes, Ri, Big Bob, Derek Langley, danee, Kate Davey, bobby smith, Scott Clapsadle, baz, Marina, Richard Clark, rsan, Dave Hitchman, Mr. Fad Gadget, Chicken, ailsa, Zoe Rumsey, adam brighton, pamela finch, mara
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Bury St Edmunds
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bury St Edmunds Knowhere Board