Buskers, Street Entertainers in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Bury St Edmunds.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- There's a strange little old man who hits a saw with a teaspoon on Bridgegate and 'sings'. I defy anyone to identify the song.
- There use to be a hilarious big issue seller not sure if he is still around though, may have got replaced for scaring people, used to jump out and shout boo. an call u a facist if you dint buy a big issue.
- Loads of local "characters". Man who has dog in the grapes pretends to be blind until he sees the bar then he is miraculously cured. Just sad twats who do the Karaoke rounds. Go to one you will see who I mean...
- Woman on acoustic near banks down abbeygat street not bad
- there a bunch of freaks
- The guy with an eagle tattoo on his forehead, and any one who hang round in "that corner" of the grapes.
The big issue seller, who harrassses everyone, but is nice about it!!
Then theres wee man, eewww
shop lifter with a hunched back, huge beard and an unbelievebly strong stench of urine. not mentioning the stained trousers
- well theres the dancing women in the abbey gardens!! woo now if you want entertainment try and find her lol!!
- korky from the grapes, and the god botherers on market days
- The old man who stands at the traffic lights at the b and q roundabout, who waits for a red and then hits cars (and pedestrians) with his walking stick. Bloody hurts i can tell you!
- Chutney - the old bloke with the stick who has his jumper on backwards and wanders around talking to anyone who passes him by. Now he's a true character!!
- Corky!! Everyone knows him. Or at least knows who he is. Harmless, you just have to know how to deal with him.
- There's the pigeon man, apparently he's rich but he's always covered in pigeons, there's Barbara, we're not sure if its a man or a woman, there's the keyboard guy who plays the keyboard with various signs about god. So many more. . .
- That cool little bloke with the accordian outside stead & simpsons
- All down Angel Hill, oh yeah and theres the bible bashing preacher bloke outside of woolworths on market day!
- Definatly hte steel drum bloke cheers me up when i'm hungover.
- soon to be appearing Zippo the Clown, in a cardboard box near you.
Check out the south american bad, always good for a laugh.
- those crazy christians found in the centre most staurdays, the potters house folk have interesting things to say, stop and chat with one, they'll certainlly make you think. Their street performers have talent and they're not afraid of what they say or believe in.
- i personally like the guy who has the keyboard with Jesus saves you written on it, a message for us all....
- It could be said that Lord James Wild is a street entertainer. (Only the female population of Bury will understand.)
- Check out the old man outside Barclays bank playing the clarinet and the man outside the Body Shop playing the steel drum on saturadays, very cool.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: mr xenon, Boli, Bmx, mick, Alec J, DarrenPamplin, laura, Will, Matt, ross (cat) camardo, Dug Dingle, sarita swain, Dan, Michelle Everitt, Susie, natalie, Peter H, Adrian Thomas, Kitty S.A. Wyer, kevin clifford, janey, chelleby, steve favell, Den, edmund, lucy, Moldy, The12thAbbot, LIAM, CJ, owen, Mike w, ross(cat)camardo, gareth greenway, Katy Barker, jason_tsh, Michael Bennett, the James wild appreciation society, Irrelevent Boy, martin dewar, Bob, robbie, AK, Robert Gull, Lloyd Kimber, Steve Rhodes, Louise Aspinall, Douglas Green, Dan Kelly, Selina Hulme, bx, sue gibbs, ali, Lochlann Brown, Rachel Thomas, Gareth Holloway, Debbie Burke, Becca, mike, VirtualGhost, Milly Davison, Andrew Babba, Indy, sam, BiGtOm, simon Green, Jim Bourne, Amanda Washbrook, generic, chevette fan club (japan), sharon, Pete Sottrel, Mark, laurie, mark jackson, green eyes, Ri, Big Bob, Derek Langley, danee, Kate Davey, bobby smith, Scott Clapsadle, baz, Marina, Richard Clark, rsan, Dave Hitchman, Mr. Fad Gadget, Chicken, ailsa, Zoe Rumsey, adam brighton, pamela finch, mara
Last updated: 2009-11-10
More stuff about Bury St Edmunds
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Bury St Edmunds Knowhere Board