The Best Things in Camberwell, Greater London*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Camberwell.
The Best Things
- Willow Restaurant, corner of Love Walk on Denmark Hill- The best restaurant in Camberwell.
- drive by eggings
- Camberwell Grove
That sense of well-being as you you progress northwards up Denmark Hill, cross the junction with Coldharbour Lane, scurry past the methodone clinic and hop on a passing 42 up to Ruskin Park...
Sophocles Bakers; the Greek Cypriot deli; Tadim's; Wordsworth; the oriental supermarket gaining points all the time - great fresh Vietnamese groceries in store now!
- Proximity and access to the river and its pubs(!!), Ruskin Park,the friendly attitude of the locals, the improvement of the Green in recent years.
- Village-Type Feel in Back streets (when you see Camberwell Green Junction you don't realize this) Some great Bars/clubs - Camberwell Art College
- Good food
- being able to see the dome of st pauls on a clear day and reminding yourself that you're on the crappy outskirts of a beautiful city.
- The wealth of buses that you can take to virtually anywhere in London!
- The pool - one of the only uncrowded places to swim in London in the evening.
- Close to central london
- The Fox on the Hill - when it comes to having a family in the summer time. They have recently installed a fab new climbing frame which is perfect for those tots who have to endure a few hours down the pub with mum and dad in the sunshine. Enables you to sit back for a while and let them ware themselves out.
- The architecture, the interesting people, the variety.
- The people, the mix of cultures
- Ruskin Park, has tame squirrels running about, tennis courts, a basketball court, childrens playground, it is a small, pretty, quiet park, a good place to get some fresh air if you don't have a back garden
- To answer the question as to where Sarsparilla was purchased - Baldwin's Health Food shop, on the Walworth Road opposite Amelia street
- The 42 bus route (which goes from outside Capital News Agent on Denmark
Hill) goes via Tower Bridge, which is a personal fave of mine, and then
onto Liverpool Street Station via the City.
- Well served by buses. Lots of parks and greens.
- SASPARILLA at the Elephant. cant remember the name of the place that sold it though. I'd swop all Canadian Beers for just one more pint of SASPARILLA!!
- Very trendy student area village atmosphere will become the Camden of the nest millenium!
- Brilliant international and cheap food. Good bus routes straight into the centre of town and to and from Waterloo. A vibrant cultural mix, lovely old Georgian Houses.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Karima El Hajoui, sammy p, Beth, Dazbert, d h evans, Stewart Hartley, Jeremy, ed simpson, Phil Stokes, mick, helen, Miranda Bailey, Tracy, Nadia, Lisiane Bizarro, marc, Les Alden, Kate Legon, Barbara W, gareth valentine, natalie, mark dodds, Victor Ferreiro, Robin Dale, Ben Gibberd, generic, Nicola Francey, Julie Duncan, Anthony, neil mitchell, mouseysarah, Russell Occomore, Peter Hewett, maire, Val Baterip, Matthew, barbara whitlock, Sarah, JS, Tom, Vejay Patel, wildstoat, L Herries, Jonas Jaanimagi, helena, Richard, Piers, Lord of The Manor of Camberwell, Richard Fosbury, Jonathan Roberts, bling, Fiesta Sunrise, navindh, NICK HART, Steve, david
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Camberwell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camberwell Knowhere Board