Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Camberwell, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Camberwell.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- joiners arms has best music on MESSY friday nights. Not for yoots, or posers (please go to redstar instead)
- Funky Munkey & Cube
- Comedy at the Castle on camberwell church street. Mixed but always very entertaining.
- Redstar - had many a great saturday night there
- red star, just about tolerable if you're almost completely unconscious and wear converse
- It has to be Redstar - bangin'!
- about to launch (Sept 03) is a new Sunday night at RedStar.
Called WorldPeace it is run by DJ Pathaan who runs StonedAsia music.
He used to do Sun at RedStar a couple of years ago - classy laid back beats n grooves to end the weekend. RedStar is popcheesy all other times.
- New world beat night at SNUG BAR, 64 Camberwell Church Str (just past the Funky Monkey). Every Wednesday night DJ Lau spins records old and new from across the globe, Brooklyn to Bollywood, Dakar to Delhi: Roots & Reggae, Hip-hop, Budha-bar chill out, Afro-beat, Flamenco...
9-12pm, Free entry.
- redstar - cheese central, can be a laugh on a friday or saturday if you're in the right frame of mind. Steer clear during the week however (everyone else does).
- JAZZLIVE at the Crypt.Camberwell SE5.
There are several Entries and all are out of date. Please replace.
We meet every Friday Night and offer Live Jazz. Open to all over 18 years old, advance membership NOT required. We offer low cost food and the cheapest bar around. Admission £5 (£3 concs.). Food and Bar at 8pm, Music at 9.30pm, Last Orders at 1am.
Submitted by Les Alden - Webmaster of jazzlive.co.uk
- Loughborough Hotel (quite a hidden venue but excellent, it is above an old pub) along Loughborough road on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights is excellent for salsa.
- FIST - the fetish gay night club for a REALLY alternative night out. Leather, rubber, bondage, skinhead, military - strictly observed dress code!
- Imperial Gardens on Camberwell New Road, Eurobeat and other techno nights on Fridays
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Karima El Hajoui, sammy p, Beth, Dazbert, d h evans, Stewart Hartley, Jeremy, ed simpson, Phil Stokes, mick, helen, Miranda Bailey, Tracy, Nadia, Lisiane Bizarro, marc, Les Alden, Kate Legon, Barbara W, gareth valentine, natalie, mark dodds, Victor Ferreiro, Robin Dale, Ben Gibberd, generic, Nicola Francey, Julie Duncan, Anthony, neil mitchell, mouseysarah, Russell Occomore, Peter Hewett, maire, Val Baterip, Matthew, barbara whitlock, Sarah, JS, Tom, Vejay Patel, wildstoat, L Herries, Jonas Jaanimagi, helena, Richard, Piers, Lord of The Manor of Camberwell, Richard Fosbury, Jonathan Roberts, bling, Fiesta Sunrise, navindh, NICK HART, Steve, david
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Camberwell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camberwell Knowhere Board