Demolish It Now Building in Camberwell, Greater London*
Places that need to be levelled
You can tell us more about Camberwell.
Demolish It Now Building
- Camberwell Magistrates Court
- The Silver Buckle: that "pissed and waving a knife around at 1.30am" is not a good look, fellas. Butterfly Walk: for crimes against humanity. The ever-proliferating Etc. Stores should be referred to the Monopolies and Mergers Commission: they're worse than Microsoft! (but the one selling halloween make-up and fake blood might just - JUST - be spared on the grounds of public policy).
- The monstrosity on the corner of Coldharbour Lane and Denmark Hill, which was in the C19th a variety hall and is reputedly haunted.
- Castlemead Estate (the worst 60's architecture imaginable) Butterfly Walk (an 80's built shopping parade that is a total failure and architecturally redundant - plus it causes bottlenecks due to taking up space that should of been allocated as bus bays/stops The parade of ugly shops opporsite the RedStar Bar - they are ugly as hell and offer no real purpose - The ugly building above Nando's where the old cinema used to be - yet again Lambeth Council giving planning permission to somebody masquerading as an architect
- camberwell college of arts. looks like modernism shat concrete.
- Butterfly Walk
- The building behind where Nando's is, Denmark Hill. It used to be a cinema but they knocked most of it down and built a really cheap, shoddy building. I think it's cheap housing for people who couldn't normally afford it which is a good thing - but they could at least have made it more attractive.
- The Forum at Junction of Coldharbour Lane and Denmark Hill
- Well, that Pink Monstrosity at Elephant & Castle sort of overshadows everything in South Lonnon.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Karima El Hajoui, sammy p, Beth, Dazbert, d h evans, Stewart Hartley, Jeremy, ed simpson, Phil Stokes, mick, helen, Miranda Bailey, Tracy, Nadia, Lisiane Bizarro, marc, Les Alden, Kate Legon, Barbara W, gareth valentine, natalie, mark dodds, Victor Ferreiro, Robin Dale, Ben Gibberd, generic, Nicola Francey, Julie Duncan, Anthony, neil mitchell, mouseysarah, Russell Occomore, Peter Hewett, maire, Val Baterip, Matthew, barbara whitlock, Sarah, JS, Tom, Vejay Patel, wildstoat, L Herries, Jonas Jaanimagi, helena, Richard, Piers, Lord of The Manor of Camberwell, Richard Fosbury, Jonathan Roberts, bling, Fiesta Sunrise, navindh, NICK HART, Steve, david
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Camberwell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camberwell Knowhere Board