The Worst Things in Camberwell, Greater London*
The entirely missable and worth mentioning because of it
You can tell us more about Camberwell.
The Worst Things
- the shopping, the facilities and the local authorities
- drive by eggings
- Traffic - When will the road works actually mean an ease on traffic instead of more
- Shopping ain't everything, but [honourable exceptions noted above] does it have to be so grim in Camberwell? It's bad when you look forward to a rummage in Woolworths... Very rude people trying to pick your pocket as you get on the bus outside McDonalds.
- Not being able to afford to return home to Camberwell, the bandstand and bowling green in Ruskin Park left to go to ruin, no longer having a cafe by the duck pond (now whos old enough to remember that!!)
- Lack of REALLY decent shopping facilities, Traffic congestion on main roads,
- Posh stuck up art students everywhere. They come from Chelsea and think they're street for being south of the river for a few hours every day. You can spot them at a distance.
- Art students! everywhere! art students and ganstas make up the entire population of camberwell. the graffiti is a mixture of gang-war tagging and banksy rip-offs. VERY STRANGE place.
- The E.T.C. stores! - just a few too many of them! One is enough!
- The moodiest atmosphere outside of Brixton, seriously dirty, polluted, police sirens going at all hours, unsafe streets.
- The saddos with massive inferiority complexes driving tarted up wrecks with distorted, thumping music coming out of them who glower at you, while trying to run you over and thinking they look cool in Camberwell Church Street.
- No tube. The local Boroughs
- The delapidated, overrun council estates
- Nearly all the shops sell 'Coke Light' instead of ye olde proper
Diet Coke. Dreadful !
- High crime rate, and getting higher - if you live with the poor, you must expect to get done by them. Ignorance is hell.
- Not being able to come back.
- doesn't get enough good publicity although it deserves it!
- Constant traffic, the rubbish, persistant sirens, high crime rate, no tube.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Karima El Hajoui, sammy p, Beth, Dazbert, d h evans, Stewart Hartley, Jeremy, ed simpson, Phil Stokes, mick, helen, Miranda Bailey, Tracy, Nadia, Lisiane Bizarro, marc, Les Alden, Kate Legon, Barbara W, gareth valentine, natalie, mark dodds, Victor Ferreiro, Robin Dale, Ben Gibberd, generic, Nicola Francey, Julie Duncan, Anthony, neil mitchell, mouseysarah, Russell Occomore, Peter Hewett, maire, Val Baterip, Matthew, barbara whitlock, Sarah, JS, Tom, Vejay Patel, wildstoat, L Herries, Jonas Jaanimagi, helena, Richard, Piers, Lord of The Manor of Camberwell, Richard Fosbury, Jonathan Roberts, bling, Fiesta Sunrise, navindh, NICK HART, Steve, david
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Camberwell
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camberwell Knowhere Board