Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars in Camden, Greater London*
Where to go to get down
You can tell us more about Camden.
Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Purple Turtle near Mornington Crescent is good for dance music. There's a good place just on the bottom of Kentish Town Road, I forget the name but it's a good dance venue.
- Koko - CAmden Palace as was - great indie club nights
- Blue Nightclub Inverness is the place 2 b, music is bangin, people r off there heads on some drug, and u cnt go 2 blue if u r nt off your head.
- try the dublin castle for late night fun. Bands on all the time in the back room, once they clear away, a dj will usually fill in until closing time.
- the oh bar on a friday, resonance. 9-2am cool atmosphere lively dj's and no attitude! rnb, hip-hop ragga and old skool. oh, and a little bit of rnb line dancing too!
- the Underworld, saturday night. get down into the pit (which they hopefully call the dancefloor) and jump until your legs break!
- peach, non cheesy??! its bloody awful!! it seems to be an unwritten rule that u have to be k'd up to your eyeballs, armed with poppers, dummys, vicks + tiger balm ready to compete with a christmas tree due to an excess of flashing lights all over that ridiculous cyberdog gear. and as for all that smelly cheesy reach for the lasers upliftin utlimate extreme euphoria dave pearce wank music??!what a joke.
- Electric Ballroom on Saturday nights is so much fun...if you're a fan of disco. They play 70's, 80's and 90's dance music that everyone can sing along to, and there is another room upstairs with more garage-style music for those who aren't so into Abba or Michael Jackson. The atmosphere is light-hearted and fun, and it's pretty easy to pull, if you're looking for that...
- Under BarSolo on Inverness Street on a Thursday night rocks, otherwise it's dodgy sweaty indie at the Monarch on Fridays & Saturdays til late, including large numbers of Scandanavian types, or Purple Turtle (mornington crescent) on Saturdays for a full-scale trance sweatbox that's free to get in.
- Electric ballroom on fridays... downstairs for goth/EBM/synthpop/techno/hardhouse, upstairs for the nu-metal and rock classics (pass the sick-bag). Be warned you always end up spending a fortune there!
- The Purple Turtle Club has good music at the weekends, but don't go if you're a pothead as a bouncer will rip your spliff up as they're sponsored by Smirnoff Ice.
- The best club in London is FULL TILT at the Electric Ballroom on Fridays, playing the best industrial, goth, techno and metal around!! And only 4 quid if you're a member!!
- Complex in Angel, Bar Rumba on a Thursday night for some wicked drum + bass
- Bloody Peach at the Palace on Fridays. Banging uplifting choons for non cheesy house freaks. Everybody is 'avin it at Peach!
- -HQ's, Camden Lock on wednesdays for some jazzy-house sessions -WKD on Fridays/Saturdays for funk/disco/hiphop sessions -Jazz cafe is quite good during the WE after 11pm (until 2am): try to get some flyers outside during the afternoon -Electric Ballroom on Sat. nights: free to get in if dressed up in 70's stuff
- Feet First Supermarket Laurel Tree: heaven for a girl like me loves Britpop/indie, lives in crap US.
- feet first at camden palace - good lights + music, some strange people who are impossible to understand. bands are crap, though, and lots of men pinch your arse.
- Supermarket has moved to the Monarch, and alas, The Mack is no more. It's now the Livin' Room, a big beat night.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: philomena mctigue, Bad Al, MadHarry, Elizabeth Henshaw, kelly, cuddlycat, bestinlondon, sharon baxter, Elle Webb, kam, dylann, Mike Brenard, michelle olley, lyzz v, Karl, Nicola Six, Helen W, happychopper, James, Nebula, Brian, ickleprincess, buddah_brixton, steve, Aaron, Ian Edgar, Laura, Ruth Phillips, martin G., petra, gazza, GUESS WHO>>>?????, LonDan, karen, Ray Milliband, Lorraine Prince, Tien Bryan, lee, david, Dan Kelly, Leonora, Chrissy, Simon Phipps, JAcoB EAts CooKIes, Mike, Vanessa Cox, nixy, angel, generic, Rach, Cliff, squidink, Chris Tucker, Queen B, Mary, jay, peter hall, anthony, eric, Jon, Bryan, Tim, lisa, mutoid mark, Lorraine Kelly, remysgal
Last updated: 2013-07-19
More stuff about Camden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camden Knowhere Board