Favourite Building in Camden, Greater London*
Art deco, contemporary, futuristic, tall, short...
You can tell us more about Camden.
- British Museum - not a lot of people know its in camden borough.
- Arlington House. How dare you call this place of refuge anything other than a masterpiece. Some live and learn, others just live and die.
- Roundhouse - it's such a beautiful piece of Victorian Arcitechture, and has a great history - part of the psycho-geography of the place, and part of Michael Moorcock's reimagined London.
- The Electric Ballroom which is at risk of being demolished to make way for the proposed new Camden Town tube station and shopping mall.
- the roundhouse. also, although it's not exactly a building, but the cages market (buck street) opp. inverness street market. lots of cool stuff to be found there.
- Cantalowes if that counts as a building and the funky Dr. Martins boot store
- the camden town tube is beautiful and in danger of being demolished and replaced with a shiny new complex you can look at this on www.thetube.com. the old lockhouse has been scandalously sold off to starbucks. they painted it white cos they wanted to cover it with huge neon signs. luckily the council will not permit it, but now it looks so naked.
- Temperance House on Arlington road...big, scary and full of freaks...
- ON HAMPSTED RD ITS THE OLD TOBBACO FACTORY VERY ART NOUVEAU
- The Hoover Building on the M25 at night!
- the shop on the high street with the huge leather jacket on it because my friends live there :)
- The Roundhouse theatre, where the trains used to turn around in the olden days.
- The whole darn high street. in fact the whole town. no, darn it, I adore the whole of London!!
- I like the building design of Dockland's. It dominates camden town main roundabout
- the new one with the cats on it opposite camden palace. Its got a stripey roof
- Dublin Castle.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: philomena mctigue, Bad Al, MadHarry, Elizabeth Henshaw, kelly, cuddlycat, bestinlondon, sharon baxter, Elle Webb, kam, dylann, Mike Brenard, michelle olley, lyzz v, Karl, Nicola Six, Helen W, happychopper, James, Nebula, Brian, ickleprincess, buddah_brixton, steve, Aaron, Ian Edgar, Laura, Ruth Phillips, martin G., petra, gazza, GUESS WHO>>>?????, LonDan, karen, Ray Milliband, Lorraine Prince, Tien Bryan, lee, david, Dan Kelly, Leonora, Chrissy, Simon Phipps, JAcoB EAts CooKIes, Mike, Vanessa Cox, nixy, angel, generic, Rach, Cliff, squidink, Chris Tucker, Queen B, Mary, jay, peter hall, anthony, eric, Jon, Bryan, Tim, lisa, mutoid mark, Lorraine Kelly, remysgal
Last updated: 2008-06-19
More stuff about Camden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camden Knowhere Board