Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Camden.
- Beside the canal is lovely in summer.
- Camden lock, good times!
- By the canal's edge...along down the tunnel to your right, great spot for the sun, but get there early (if you can bare it) or there will be no space for your picnic! Oooh, and the bean and cup rock! Get the best hot choccy there, i like mine with a dash of mint and caramel...loads of roomy sofas and trinkets to buy at the front...down side...no smoking permitted :(
- Outside Mornington Crescent Station on the kinda traffic island thing on a tuesday eve, just before feet first kicks off. between 9 and 11 it is the place to be cos everyone goes there to meet people and score.. toys (ahem) before the club gets going
- Camden lock
- Camden town tube (and it's environs) is the most uminently avoidable place in London. Worse even than Oxford St, Covent Garden and Soho on a Saturday afternoon in August. The walk from Camden tube up towards the lock is the most disgusting diplay of discarded gum, scanking drug-dealing pikeys and saddoes left over the the grunge days of 92-94 that can be found in the UK today.
It is billed as the 'alternative centre' of London but is packed with tourists, students and simpering rich-kids in huge flares who can, ironically, find no 'alternative' to fouling up Camdens streets with their aimless banter and squawking. I reckon Camden was probably pretty cool back in the sixties and seventies but it is very far from it today. Walk up the road to Kentish Town, it's much nicer.
- its gota be around the back of sainsburys with a bottle of strongbow.
- Top of primrose hill, overlooking the whole of london. You can see everything from up here. Take a picnic, a couple of bottles of chilled white or fruity red, a rug and watch the sunset...
- anywhere along the canal
- Stables market... the best place to browse in London
- Camden Lock, Stable Markets.
- Outside HSBC bank - Special Brew, Dogs, and so on I need not say any more
- I have to say that the best and most unlikely beautiful place in London is just by the loch in Camden on that little ledge by the rusty turn handle machine thing, you know, under the bridge... the best way to spend an evening is with a few beers, a few joints and just watching the sunset on the water and on the buildings.
- Tube station.
- Regent's Park with a football on Sunday afternoons
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: philomena mctigue, Bad Al, MadHarry, Elizabeth Henshaw, kelly, cuddlycat, bestinlondon, sharon baxter, Elle Webb, kam, dylann, Mike Brenard, michelle olley, lyzz v, Karl, Nicola Six, Helen W, happychopper, James, Nebula, Brian, ickleprincess, buddah_brixton, steve, Aaron, Ian Edgar, Laura, Ruth Phillips, martin G., petra, gazza, GUESS WHO>>>?????, LonDan, karen, Ray Milliband, Lorraine Prince, Tien Bryan, lee, david, Dan Kelly, Leonora, Chrissy, Simon Phipps, JAcoB EAts CooKIes, Mike, Vanessa Cox, nixy, angel, generic, Rach, Cliff, squidink, Chris Tucker, Queen B, Mary, jay, peter hall, anthony, eric, Jon, Bryan, Tim, lisa, mutoid mark, Lorraine Kelly, remysgal
Last updated: 2013-07-19
More stuff about Camden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camden Knowhere Board