Live Music Venues in Camden, Greater London*
Live sounds in a garage, pub, park or stadium
You can tell us more about Camden.
Live Music Venues
- The Dublin Castle is good for live bands, the Purple Turtle for bands and DJs. Koko is a good venue for bigger names.
- Koko - fantastic music policy has made this the most exciting venue in London, never mind Camden. In the last twelve months I've seen Julian Cope, ESG, Roxy Music, Mylo and Babyshambles there - they really know what they're doing...
- The Underworld is a great venue, bands tend to be goth/punk/metal/ska/indie...mainly stuff which makes alot of noise and that your parents wouldn't like :) It has a cloakroom which is only a quid but its a right pain going there at the end of a gig cos you end up getting squashed!!
There is also the KoKo which has a huge variety of stuff playing there, its over 18s and does tend to be a bit expencive buts its a good place! Purple Turtle also has loads of local bands playing there so its good to check out the local talent :P
- dingwalls doesn'e exist anymore, neither does HQ's dingwalls is now a permanent comedy venue. and HQ's, for those of you who remember that place with a shudder, you will be glad to know that it is no longer a sweat box full of scowling people. neither are there black walls covered in a nasty stinking slimy coating. it has been miraculously transformed into a cool, classy and sophisticated-but not snobby, condsending or exclusive- bar, with live djs and a totally laid back atmosphere and friendly staff. it's cool and private in the week, and mad on a friday night.
- Best place to see fairly big bands is Dingwalls, great venue, great sound. Otherwise of the toilet stops (Dublin Castle, the Verge, the Monarch & the Falcon) the Monarch is probably the best, although the greatest gigs I've ever seen have been at the Underworld by the tube.
- The Underworld plays host to some good artists. It is a pretty awful venue though with many strategically placed pillars spoiling the view from pretty much anywhere you stand.
- The Underworld has good metal bands playing often
- The Fusilier and Firkin, opposite the entrance to the indoor market, has live bands 5 nights a week and wekend afternoons!
- Theres this place in Camden that I cant remember the name of but they give out flyers by the station, on a wednesday they have a paris london hip hop connection night with freestyle rappers from all over France and England - its fucking wicked and pretty cheap too. (about 3 quid.)
- Isn't the dublin castle just the greatest? My uncles band 'bette davis and the balconnettes' played there, and it was top. I met Graham from blur outside the mixer that day. Fancy blur playing at the Dublin castle eh? who'd've thought it?
- The lovers of rap-reggae-acid/jazz-funk music will be delighted by the grim atmosphere of the WKD Cafe (Wisdom Knowledge Destiny), Kentish Town road, next to Sainsbury's. It's a very good venue (quite cheap) during the WE and there is a club afterwards
- Barfly at The Falcon - £5 to hear loads of bands you've never heard of - can be surprisingly good or mind numbingly bad
- The Jazz Cafe: One of the place to go in Camden Town; the best concert in the best atmosphere. Even though it's a bit expensive.
- Dublin Castle
- Laurel Tree
- Electric Ballroom
- The Camden Falcon is excellent for "up-and-comings" and secret gigs
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: philomena mctigue, Bad Al, MadHarry, Elizabeth Henshaw, kelly, cuddlycat, bestinlondon, sharon baxter, Elle Webb, kam, dylann, Mike Brenard, michelle olley, lyzz v, Karl, Nicola Six, Helen W, happychopper, James, Nebula, Brian, ickleprincess, buddah_brixton, steve, Aaron, Ian Edgar, Laura, Ruth Phillips, martin G., petra, gazza, GUESS WHO>>>?????, LonDan, karen, Ray Milliband, Lorraine Prince, Tien Bryan, lee, david, Dan Kelly, Leonora, Chrissy, Simon Phipps, JAcoB EAts CooKIes, Mike, Vanessa Cox, nixy, angel, generic, Rach, Cliff, squidink, Chris Tucker, Queen B, Mary, jay, peter hall, anthony, eric, Jon, Bryan, Tim, lisa, mutoid mark, Lorraine Kelly, remysgal
Last updated: 2013-07-19
More stuff about Camden
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Camden Knowhere Board