Buskers, Street Entertainers in Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Carmarthen.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- go to the park and then to the little brick shelter and give the strange lookin lad named harley a bob or two as he's the main guitarist for winter knights. (www.myspace.com/winterknightsuk) CHECK EM OUT!!!!!!!!!
- its all rubbish
- Ziggy is always good for a laugh and a sing song.
Nick Turner formerly of Hawkwind can be seen playin his sax on Millets corner
Mad Mike the ginger tramp is a living legend amongst the homeless.
The priory street lady would kill you for half a lambert
Dai porn owns a newsagent wot sells porn!!! and cider!!!!
- wyn butt has a drink named after him the tip top
- Micheal Tramp, famous for drinkin the most cider a poor man could drink, Jules another tramp who can really rap!
- If you want enetainment, ask the Chavs/Townies questions and see how stupid they are. Only source of enertainment I found, but beware they might come after you, as they think there so "hard".
- man on bench with cider , jake radar , opti,mystic
- down the blue street bus station...the tramps...with their massive boom box playin awful music that deafens u as u walk by
- Lord Lucan. My sister swears she saw him playing a flute in Dark Gate the other day.
- Don't know if the Balloon man is still there.
- Mark Thomas or "Gypo" as hes more fondly called the town.Dont let the name put you off, this guy is clean well dressed "lush mush" as I have heard many women say.
On that subject this is what he is famous for, the women this guy has had is unbelievable he pulls one every time he is out they are literally queueing up for him.And we all know what hes up to when he goes "surfing" not the sea thats for sure.
- Me naturally
- Scary Priory St lady - she killed someone you know. Actaually, nearly everyone who lives in Priory Street is crazy.
David Bailey - smelly, repulsive & letchy - yuch!
Gaz the Geezer - absolute slimeball,arse,twat,minger, need I go on?!
- a certain bloke called mark you may see him wandering home way past one o clock
- Taffy the tramp who hangs out in the bus station drinking tesco value cider.
The guy with the puppets in town center, thats about it really.
- We have quite a lot of loonies in Carmarthen - its the council's way of introducing them back into society - by making them live in Carmarthen! You get to know who they are after a while e.g. "Crazy Priory St. Lady".
- just look at the diversity
- There's a couple of buskers which I know of. One is sum guy with dreads who playes the guitar all the time and writes his own songs, he's really good aswell! Anmd they'res a guy who weras lots of bright clothes and always entertains children (aswell as the adults) with his array of brightley coloured balloon animals and music :)
- you forgot one. He is currently on assignment in Groom lake Nevada, yep that's the one, and lives in Chicago. He is famous for appearing on Rescue 999 after he rescued two guys from a river in England.
- DAI JAZZ legendary guitarist and alcoholic if ya meet him in the queens say dont hurth ith legth and he will lecture you on the morals of youth of today
- Oh that one that's always outside Marks And Spencers with all the balloons and the big black dog..he's cool! Plays all these instruments at the same time! Cool huh?!
- a whole host of , ahem, 'live entertainment' is available on the streets of carmarthen at the weekend.
- Outside Marks
- Oh me gawd there is this really cool man who is ALWAYS outside Marks & Spencers! He's dressed in all this wacky gear and has got a big dog with him! he plays strange instruments and does puppet shows and stuff. All I really know is that he is always there dressed in bright colours and takin up a fair amount of space! He also does funnt baloon things for the kids. He has been there for years and I think he is wicked! There are some other people there sometimes aswell on the corner by sweetmans.
- Don't forget the army of ponchoed panpipers with their hoooge PA system which allows no escape.
In 1987, I saw someone set fire to the cardboard mat of a budding breakdancer with a ciggie lighter. He really was that bad. I wonder if he still remembers it and cringes inwardly.
I think the name of the bloke from Hawkwind is Nik Turner, and he busks quite a bit in Cardiff, too.
- The Hippy Man with the puppets- Red St
South American Band- Red St (only around for about 1 week every year)
- There's plenty of nutters wondering the streets that are pretty entertaining. They escape from St. Davids (Carmartheners will know what I mean)
- Some guy from Hawkwind used to play the Pink Panther theme on the sax
- That hippy man and his foot operated puppets outside Be wise
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Christopher, N/A, simon, phil, Ricky Howells, Rolant, Luke Fennell, Ceri Griffiths, Local Bod, Cathryn Dalziel, Gareth, James, kate, ROY ISAAC, Elli, matt davies, Ben Gould, alex evans, Mark jones, Alice Simmons, shelley, Cymraes, owen, Lucy Cluck, S A Lickley, Andrew, David Whitbread, bob farlow, neil davies, S Lickley, Lou, kate howe, teriaki, Lynne Davies, Amy, Louise, Graham, NIA, j.coleman, Andrew Fletcher, trishna, Ben Pettitt-Wade, alan, Miky Glass, Andy Harries, Anthony Jones, a hero from twanamol, Sue, CJD, Rhiannon Robbins, Jonathan, s, generic, two gun james, Magick Girl, joe, wyn, Elz, Eric Evans, martyn, Angus Davies, Neil Evans, Graham Davies, sarah morgan, Andrew Waddington, Wayne, Adam, Local Boy In The Photograph, Anthony Evans, normal bob, nell, loopy, tracy, Elz Bellz, Bry, DS, Nic Dafis, demetae, Damian George, TONY LAYTON, jon hargrave
Last updated: 2009-06-14
More stuff about Carmarthen
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Carmarthen Knowhere Board