Arts, crafts and such in Castlemilk, Strathclyde*
Anything from pukka art galleries to craft shops. Trendy and twee both welcome.
You can tell us more about Castlemilk.
Arts, crafts and such
- this is a follow up to the item about c sharp music factory & the castlemilk folk festival. Due to sever budget cuts over the last few years the folk festival was discontinued around 1999, there has been a lot of talk among those interested in the subject concerning lobbying 'the powers that be' into funding another festival this year ,2003, or maybe next year ,2004. Who knows, it may happen - here's hoping (watch this space>>>..
- Castlemilk Arts office is located in the Fringe Gallery, Castlemilk Arcade, (The Braes Arcade to some). Its for artists who want to display their work.Any form of art is welcome. All you have to do is show us examples and the board will review your work.
- The Fring Art Gallery (Castlemilk Shopping Center) - different displays, changing weekly/monthly.
- In castlemilk at the moment there are many Arts related groups. One of the more well known is the recording studio C Sharp Music Factory. This was opened in 1989 and is situated in the Castlemilk Shopping Centre, just off Castlemilk Drive. It is a community-based facility and tries to provide very low cost recording to - anyone , really- . It formally charged nothing but due to budget cuts within local government was forced to bring in the nominal charge that it costs now, and it is run by volunteer workers [meaning thet don't get paid!]. contact them on 0141-634-5789. C Sharp is also the group that puts on the well known Castlemilk Folk Festival every year [ again run by volunteers].
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Jamesy, Chrissyboy, maggie, Thomas Taylor, john smyth, Chris, PAUL MCINALLY, Alex Smith, cunny, Steven Hepburn, A. MILLER, Hepy, generic, james Hunter, Allison Dunn, Andy, aln
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Castlemilk
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Castlemilk Knowhere Board