Cafes and Coffee Shops in Central London, Greater London*
High tea and a sticky bun
You can tell us more about Central London.
Cafes and Coffee Shops
- there are many at aldgate east costa coffee. and canary wharf
- Try Old Compton Street - a great mixture of cafes, especially good in the summer.
Avoid the chains - Starbucks is a parasite on London's culture, not part of its culture.
- Old Compton Street and around there - loads. Try Cafe Nero. NB There is a strong gay scene around these bars, which is great if you like it - be you gay or straight. If you don't - don't go.
- patisserie in brunswick square in bloomsbury...same lot of buildings as the safeway. cute barista (roberto), awesome coffee, great people!
- there is starbucks now not as good as Canadian/US Starbucks and very expensive but decent enough compared the the Brit usual of Nescafe with steamed milk (a British Cappucino!!!!!!!)
- drop into cyberia (the world's first internet cafe!) in whitfield street, nearest tube goodge street station...friendly staff, good coffee and there's a dead nice pub called The Hope right next door. their website is http://www.cyberiacafe.net
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Larry Osagie, kim bedi, PhatController, dawn smith, aaron, Morgan, charles, Julian Shaw, ANDY BYRNE, Joanna Keen, Peter, tommy hopper, Rich, mike han, Luna, Haydn, Mike, ray, sally, Julie Gallagher, booyaka, generic, Kelvin, ¬¬, tim wood, Danny, mattbird, Alex, Roland Harris, Steve Block, Dave, Codeine, ed rush, CJ, andy, Mary, Jackie, augui, Rob, dee, David Pibworth, hamish, Frehu, Alfie Singleton, clive chapman, dave english, nick maule, Gianluca Bonomo, Rusty Snails, paul
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Central London
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Central London Knowhere Board