Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Chelsea, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Chelsea.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- The Gary Someone...I think hes name is Gary Spencer....always in the Picasso..with all those other losers...mind you...he does get beautiful girls so I suppose hes a winner ?...by all accounts a real nice guy too...The Picasso, probably the best coffee in Chelsea..
- that model fellow, always surrounded by beautiful girls in the picasso cafe.......Gary someone...spencer i think
- felicliy kendle, jane asher,
- oh god, everyone?
Nick Cave, Kylie Minogue, Dannie Minogue, Madonna, Richard E Grant, Bob Geldof, that footballer whose suppost to be the best ever but is a drunk but he bought me a drink, + all the others go shopping there on a sunny weekend.
- The Sanderson brothers including Chuck, Holly Knapman, Andy "batty boy" Hudson
- John Lydon/ Johnny Rotten of PiL/ Sex Pistols fame/ infamy used to live at 45 Gunter Grove.
- Maraget Thatcher used to live in Chelsea village before she moved to Dulwich - but I am not sure that everyone would agree that she is exactly "famous". But so many really famous people lived in Chelsea that we need not mention her. In Cheyne Walk alone lived: Sylvia Pankhurst (women's rights activist), Sir Marc Isambard and Isambard Kingdom Brunel (civil engineers), George Eliot (novelist), Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell(novelist), Dante Gabriel Rosetti (poet and painter), Algernon Charles Swinburne (poet), James Abbot McNeil Whistler (painter), and Judy Garland (actress) died at 4 Cadogan Lane. One of the cast of "Blake's Seven" used to live in my block of flats in Draycott Avenue.
- Joan Collins (Ex: Edith Grove); Anthony Newley (Ex:Edith Grove); Frances De La Tour (Ex: Edith Grove); Sir Thomas Moore(Sculptor); Joan Myles (Independent Woman & Supermum); Peter Finch (Nr. St.Lukes) David Graham; Mr.Cope (SUPER Headmaster Park Walk School); Mr.Pope (nice person worked at-Sydney St.) Derek Beck (Super nice Person - Sydney St.)
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: A. Sass, sandonred1, lucy, Timothy Leuers, freddie, kas, malaika wheeler, generic, Arkwright Braithwaite, teddy davies, david daniels, Betty Gray, jay, Edd Saunders, Michael Wheatley
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Chelsea
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chelsea Knowhere Board