The Best Things in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire*
If you're around, be sure to check these things out
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
The Best Things
- Cheltenham has an air of middle class about it but the people are certainly not snobby and are very friendly, Cheltenham has all the amenities of a large town but for a change of scenery it is within easy traveling distance of bigger cities such as Bristol Cardiff and Birmingham and also the gorgeous Cotswold villages
- The fact there's no run down places and the fact it's conceved as a posh place, it has good parks and is in an excellent surrounding the fact I have to go to the village/town/village a couple of mils noth of Cheltenham for a decent takeaway
- The parks are lovely.
- Varied open mike nights varied pubs and clubs from posh up market to fun no frill nights something for everyone as long as you are open and not stuck up!
- Being able to get away to the diverse,happy and accepting city of Bristol
- listen ea people i'll av yu no theres fockall wrong wiv hesters way its just its all yu gathors ant got nickseys better 2 do than keep harrasin us lot well were all better than yu lot anyway nd i no most the pple sayin mad fings bout it live in hesters way well if ya dnt fockin like it pack yur bags nd fockoff out of cheltenham!!!
- CHELT IS CLEAN, AND HAS BEAUTIFUL PARKS AND GARDENS.
- Great places to eat and drink! Good fun during race week. Summer in the beer gardens or one of Cheltenham's many pub gardens. Cheltenham Town FC's Waddon Road ground, the work they have done on the stands is amazing, Great Atmosphere.
- The Promenade at Christmas.4am in the morning anywhere in Cheltenham is amazing, listen to the birds singing and no other sounds. The characters in the real pubs, they are welcoming and a great laugh. The lido at 4am in the morning (once you have managed to get over the wall!) Cheltenham is great, you just have to go and find it. I can promise you will love it! I almost forgot to mention the beautiful women!
- The A40 out of town.
- that you can leave when ever you want. or some of the great people you find around mostly in the little shops they're really friendly people.
- the ight life and fantastic shops
- Hi i don't attually come from cheltenham but i have been there many times.You people dnt no what you've got ur townies chavs or what ever you want to call them are a lesser bred.Come to kent percifically gravesend chatham and see some real chavs.I listen to u lot and i'd be glad to live ther is so beautiful housing is priced hight along with the best highstreet ive see in one town.Be greatful cos if things were worse there then i'd feel sorry for you but there not i'd happily walk the streets at night there but in gravesend i'd be beaten to a pulp if i walk on my own.Just think there are worse places cheltenham isnt one of them but one of the best mixture of people ie punks greebos but no so much of other races but u cant have evrything can you!
- Pretending you're rich cos that's what everyone does sweetie luvvie dahling.
- the best thing is probably the fact that most people in chelt are really laid back have good dress sense and are genuinly kind people
- the range of different clothes shops and places to eat
- fit, stylish guys-fashionable, nice hair and REALLY good looking, thankyou for nmaking cheltenham a better place!
- The buildings, the Promenade in autumn and at Xmas with the lights on, the Beer Gardens in summer.
- 98% of the town looks stunning. You can see hills all around.
- Hilariously bad cars : Boy racers who think that a £40 Metro with a broken exhaust is good. Amazing. Great entertainment to be had
- Lot's of fit, classy girls - although they're getting a bit ropey now it's got University status.
- Greenbelt-a festival held on the racecourse every year!
all the bars
the regency buildings
the literature festival
how people think you're cultured because you come from cheltenham
- i cant believe someone has described cheltenham as a "complete dive"
i am going to live in cheltenham soon, but currently live on the outskirt of Birmingham, if your looking for a dive, why not go there, armed with your handy baseball bat, cheltenham is a beautiful cultured and interesting place, the people are ok, go to birmingham and people would sooner step on your face than give you the time of day, please try and appreciate what you have
- Generally clean and nice sized town with a good atmosphere. A lot nicer feeling when wandering round town than most places in the country.
- It's a beautiful town, especially in Summer. There are more bars per sqaure mile than London, so many to choose from. Loads of good restaurants too. The people are generally good-natured, if a little too conservative at times. There's always something going on, it's hard to get bored. Also, trying not to be shallow, there's some of the best totty around.
- springbok bar in albion street at night and for good food at lunchtime
- Fantastic Cotswold countryside that non-one can afford to live in
Close enough to the Forest of Dean where you can get some peace
Its not Swindon
- Your Site stinks. The comments you have published about Cheltenham are offensive and you should be ashamed. Also, try to employ a web/graphic designer who isn't a brain-dead, unimaginatve moron.
- Once you know everyone you know everyone, if you see what i mean!
- You don't know what you've got! I was born in Cheltenham but have worked in Birmingham for 16 years. When ever I get a chance to go into Cheltenham I am always struck by the cultured feel of the place. It is wonderful. I know there is another side to the place. I was bought up in Hesters way, it wasn't quite such bandit country then. The town itself takes a lot of beating. Enjoy!
- Easy going, friendly place. Varied night out. Lots of students
- Sandford Park,the beer gardens,the regency vibe,the bargains available in all the charity shops.
- THE CLUBS AND THE SHOPS!
- Beer gardens- relax!!
- Compact, range of shops, pedestrianised
- Summer afternoons in the beer-gardens (especially during music festival), Pittville Park, the Prom, Montpellier, C&GCHE and the fact that people assume you are ever-so rich and classy for living here.
- Absolutely, most definately the BEER GARDENS. In summer, obviously...
- Race week, the one week of the year that anything much happens in Cheltenham. Suddenly loads of things start happening to help take people's winnings off them.
- Burger Star on the Bath road at closing time.
- The 'Best thing in Cheltenham' is the climbing wall/gym at Chapel Rock, North Place, Cheltenham, GL50 4DW (01242 518075). I got into indoor climbing last year and it seems to be less nerdy than I thought it would be.... e.g. some of my friends go climbing during the week and to all night raves at the weekend.
- I thought the best reason why most people used the climbing wall was to letch at the pretty youyng things doing their aerobics in the hall below!
- Having a smoke at the Lido (Sandford Park), on a hot Sunday afternoon.
- Mark in HMV, he only works during the school holidays, always a help.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-04-20
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board