Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Louis Gill, inventor of the jugglewaggle. A revolutionary weight loss device that has swept across the States.
- THat stupid bint of x-factor used to live in Chelt, wotserface? Kate Thorton or summat!
- KATE THORNTON USED TO GO TO SCHOOL HERE AND HER FAMILY STILL LIVE HERE.DOM JOLLY AND FAMILY SHOP HERE AS DOES SHARON DAVIES(SWIMMER)
- Kate Thornton was in the Mandarin Kite in January 06.
- Edmund Wilson was born on Montpellier Terrace - it is a big house.... not Capt Oates! There is a house called 'Wilson' at Cheltenham College. Actor Robert Hardy was born in the town, when his father was headmaster of Cheltenham College. Ralph Richardson (actor I think) was born on Tivoli Road.
- Remember the guy who used to present catchphrase?? I meet him at the crazy mini roundabout in Prestbury. Roy something???
- Have seen Roger Dean many times,he used to play for QPR and Chelsea before they were good.
- MC Puppy Bucket Kicks Ass!!!! Roehypnol Smack BItch are the greatest words I ever heard. MC Puppy Bucket is a legend in the making. IF you want cheese he'll throw it at u!!
- 05/10/04 Didn't some of the members of ace band 'PIGBAG' live in Cheltenham. I used to see some of them downstairs in The Cotswold. Is that little bar still down in the basement?
- Vanity fair, starring Reese Witherspoon was filmed here, due to be released in America September 2004.
- 4ft Fingers - kickass band - used to be on P-Rock til some bastards shut it down, The dude who went to the North pole. i dunno - don't think i've ever seen anyone famous down here. except for Rory McGraph once in a restaurant.
- Ace the guitarist from Skunk Anansie lived in Cheltenham. He was with the Screaming Amoebas - a fantatic band - before leaving ........
- Eddie Edwards, Wurzel from Motorhead, and Richard O'Brien
- saw dom jolly once!and davina mcall presenting street mate!
- Dancing Ken who lives down Wellington Street. Take a look at his car and house!
- That's neither Oates nor Scott on the promenade, it's Edward Wilson. He was Scott's chief scientific officer and artist, and was born and raised in Cheltenham. He died with Scott and Oates.
- Gustav Holst
- Gustav Holst lived here. As did that dude who went to the South Pole. My Dad went to school with one of the blokes from the Rolling Stones, and my mum with Kristen Scott Thomas. Kate Thornton is from round here too, and Anne Robinson loives nearby- but don't let that put u off!
- Cass (bassist from Skunk Anansie) lived in Cheltenham, so I've heard.
- SCOTT OF THE ANTARCTIC- IT IS NOT OATES WHO IS FROM CHELTENHAM - IT IS WILSON
- Ian Dench from EMF was born here
- Saw Toyah Wilcox on the street once; Richard Ashcroft lives near Stroud...; um Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards still lives in the town with his old dear!
- Kate Thornton and Bev Knight
- Nick Gill, cult New York fashion photographer and underground poet.
- Scott of the Antartic wasn't born in Cheltenham- in fact it was Capt. "I may be some time" Oates. He has a statue on the Promenade.
John Neville Maskelyne, Master Illusionist, either lived, or worked in what is now the chemists behind the Promenade- look for the blue plaque
- Richard Ashcroft, ex. The Verve
- The Metal Stampin' Ground (www.stampinground.f9.co.uk) live in cheltenham!!!
- Sharron Davies (snore ) , Davina Mcall for Streetmate, and rumour has it
Britanney Spears has bought a house in Charlton Kings !? Not sure
about that one though..!
- Famous celeb in the literary sense : Keith Haynes author of football books and the like.
- Eddie 'The eagle' Edwards - Olympic skier
- Courtney Walsh can be found in Montpelliar on summer evenings when the Cricket Festival is on. Sharron Davies lives near here and is often seen shopping in the Regent Arcade.
- Gustav Holst, composer of the Planets suite
- Brian Jones of the Rolling Stones
- Dr Edward Jenner, inventor of vaccine
- John Masefield, poet, author of "Jim Davis"
- Lawrence McIlhoney, film reviewer for Starburst magazine
- Butterflies was also filmed here.
- Matthew R Hollands. Underground Poet. (Underground, he's almost Australian)
- Richard O'Brien (who wrote the Rocky Horror Show) was born in Cheltenham.
- Scott of the Antartic - born/lived (?) here.
- Mike Cosford aka Mike C. Famous DJ, Fantazia House Collections CDs Lee Dean. Famous DJ.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board