Places to go to see the latest releases
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
- Cineworld is quite nice and has lots of screens and lots of yummy places to eat :-)
- Cineworld, actually worth not buying a bootleg/pirate copy. I would pay the extra money and go to cineworld because it is brand new and they have loads of room (unlike the crappy ancient Odeon, which is now a squatters den) and more comfortable seats. plus a bar in a spacious lobby with refreshments. Situated within the brewery in Cheltenham. There are plenty of restaurants also within the complex, should you want italian/chinese or other food before/after the film.
- Don't go to the Odean (it not there any more)
Cineworld is the only place worth going to in cheltenham, a multiplex cinema which shows the usual batch. It is the only worth while cinema in gloucestershire.
- Well if ya want old-school/cosy cinema, head to the Odeon on Winchcombe street, if not then the new Cineworld has opened where old brewery used to be!
- FOR 2006 ITS GOTTA BE CINEWORLD! I LOVE THE NEW BREWERY SITE WITH FAB BARS AND PLACES TO EAT BEFORE THE CINEMA ASWELL AS AFTER!
- Only Cineworld left!
- woudn't dream of watching a movie in cheltenham. rather drive 30 mins to cribbs causeway
- The odeon small but cosy, rtelatively cheap, has offers on often!!
- THE ROSES is twesbury. privatly owned, gets all the major films a little later but also shows some less known ones.
- odeon cinema is good but small the seats are comfy and have cup holders but it is very difficult to get to the loo in the middle of a film or at least i find it difficult! (it's along the road from DNA by the way!)
- the odeon is strange, i cant remember which screnes are the best but you either get quite a big screen or a tiny one.....i mean TINY! but the big screens are good, always check when booking tickets
- Odeon is nice - big place, quite tidy, bit bright though - lots of lights, a bit classier than the ones in Gloucester, not too many chavs outside.
- The main problem with the Odeon is that they have someone with no interest in film choosing the films. For instance, they're not showing Spirited Away or Cabin Fever, two quite huge mainstream films. I know they're trying to show a few 'arty' films but they should still show the ones people want to see.
- The Odeon Cinema, Originally a 1 Big screen cinema, has slowly but surely converted itself to a 7 screen "multiplex" within the last 25 years. No doubt, plans are allready in motion to make an 8th screen out of a disused cupboard.
- Odeon cinema
- The cinema's on Winchcombe St. It's old and small, but a lot more character than these new things that house about 50,000 people. Nice!
- Odeon. Decent. The Warner Village in Worcester is way better though if you can get there. It's not that far really.
- Odeon is good enough for me although it aint a big multiplex cinema that is cursing our greenbelts
- Cheltenham has no decent "leisure " activities, it really needs an ice rink.
- Odeon.Popcorn,film,cinema-like smell.
- Odeon cinema is nothing special but it is the only one in town. save money and buy your food in Blockbuster video shop just down the road
- New and improved Odean is quite smart now, bigger screens and
comfier seats- even got holes to put your drink in!Yummy hotdogs!
- Odeon are building a 9 screen cinema on the site of the old Flowers brewery. Also a Bowling ally on the same site.
- I think the cinema is ace - weird arrangement of corridors and rooms, close to the centre etc. None of that sad out of town multiplex crap that everybody else seems to love.
- The Odeon is small but has character, the building itself is quite attractive in a kind of art-deco way. For a town of this size we could do with something bigger though.
- The seats are very hard at the Odeon. You'd be better off going to Gloucester to the Canon or Virgin Cinema.
- Only one - Odeon - desperately needing an alternative film venue. Cinema is pretty poor for a town of this size. Small screens and uncomfortable seating make the eight mile jorney to the Gloucester worthwhile. Cotswold Super Bowl in Kingsditch is always busy, so book in advance.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, ansari, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board