Buskers, Street Entertainers in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire*
Places to find public entertainment
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
Buskers, Street Entertainers
- absolutely desperate to find a old street beggar/busker harri who had a white eskimo type dog called kemo had 2 daughters called pearl and ruby such an amazing guy and no idea if his still around he played a harmonica
- The starers - they're eveywhere!
- Be WARNED on the High St. you are guaranteed to have someone ask you if you have 5 minutes to answer a few questions (don't underestimate them they can do 0-60mph in 1.2 seconds). You will, however, always find some entertainment, you'll often find some native americans playing outside regents arcade.
- theres a fantastic old guy who usually works outside cav house, plays ANY tune but will still be bopping along at double time/out of time on his harmonica! classic.
- Dancing Ken is a legend! lol, he does loadza stuff for charity and has even become sorta popular! he's a really eccentric guy but his heart is in the right place! bless him! you'll probs see him in town on a nice nd busy Saturday! lol
- WEY HEY DANCIN KEN IS A PIECE OF CHELT HISTORY.DOES WONDERS FOR CHARITY! OR THE LADY WHO FEEDS THE BIRDS AT BOOTS CORNER. . .HILDA?? FRIENDLY. PAN PIPE GUYS AT TOP OF REGENT ARCADE ARE VERY AHEM. . .ENTERTAINING
- The bloke outside Cav House with the harmonica and the guy who walks around laughing at everything.
- The most notorious local character is the old geezer who travels Cheltenham town centre with his trolley shouting GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HA HA HA, GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!
- The strange man next to the Gay Club that drives a hearse. Watch out for his bad jokes, they'll kill you at 50 paces.
- the singing nun actually isn't a nun at all. they wouldn't let her into the nunary so she just dresses like one. i kinda know her long story.
- Frank Ling, inspirational singer and guitarist (and one-time busker) died recently. Loved by many, he will be sadly missed.
- Inspiring guitarist and singer (and one time ace busker of this parish) Frank Ling died recently. Loved by so many people, he will be sadly missed.
- next to the toni& guy hairdressers there is a really kool guy on the corner who sells the big issue i recommend you buy it from him even if you won't read it!
- there's a few that i feel really sorry for, there's always quite a sweet old man singing some random song outside cav house! YOU MUST GIVE HIM MONEY! even if hes not homeless, he has shit loads of courage and certainly entertains everyone! oh yeah the guy selling big issue has really bad teeth, poor sod!
- Dancing Ken - head of the Monster Raving Loony Party, Old Man in Hat - who sits outside the Regent Arcade in a wheelchair and a jester's hat playing ghostly panpipe music on a casio keyboard, the fake nun who sings outside the arcade, the woman selling flowers who shouts at you and attacks you when you walk past.
- jon doe selling the big issue and "toby"
- Tramps pissing in the fountain by Boots by day, Drunken stumbles into it by night.
- Cheltenham is full of memorable buskers, The Singing Nun in a wheelchair, The Singing Blind Bloke, The Wheelchair-Bound Keyboard Player. Not all are so partially abled, Mr Accordian outside Cavendish House, for example, is still dancing a merry Jig despite being aproximatley 1000 years old, and theres young upcoming "Trumpet Tim" who Is a bit (lot) on the mad side.
On the Non-Musical front we have Laughing Derek, with his shopping trolley ("HAHAHAHAH... EYY? EYY?"), Hermington - The man banned from almost every pub in Cheltenham, Dancing Ken Hanks - Our local Monster Raving Loony candidate,
- The old geezer and his mouth organ outside Cav House - good for a laugh.
- The Singing Nun! She's great because 1) She can't sing 2) She's not actually a nun 3) She's not disabled either
The guy who's outside the front of the Regent Arcade with the harmonica cos he can't sing at all and looks like a Time Bandit. Nearly crying with laughter at memory, but sad cos he hasn't been there for ages and may be dead/ill...
- The singing Nun isn't even a Nun. She's just a nutter in a Nun's outfit and I know that for a fact.
- Your Site stinks. The comments you have published about Cheltenham are offensive and you should be ashamed. Also, try to employ a web/graphic designer who isn't a brain-dead, unimaginatve moron.
- OOOOOh, so many!! All the tramps from the Beer Garden, the funny Echo sellers, Bobby the tramp who went out with that young girl......
- Ignore the ignorant jerk at the top of this category. This brave disabled lady accomplishes more for her fellow human beings in five minutes than this idiot will do in a lifetime. There should be more like her.
- There is a disabled man who plays a casio keyboard and a harmonica next to the regent arcade.
- The Singing Nun outside the Regent Arcade,hilarious, is it singing
or is she in pain?!
- Really annoying pipe players to be avoided.
Hare Krishnas occasionally provide some Saturday entertainment.
- The blind man that whistles outside M&S. Someone is bound to take all his money soon. There's also a women who sings hymns at Christmas - she is abismal and should be sent to France.
- I loved the busker outside Cav House!!!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, ansari, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board