Skateboarding Spots in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire*
Skate parks, street spots, waxed curbs, stairs, steps, handrails, skate ramps
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
- Town Hall steps when they are closed. The flowerpots outside Cavendish House. Some grindable benches on the promenade. Royscot house near the fountains on the promenade for a decent stair set gap. The imperial gardens at the top of montpellier should be getting a new skateboard area in the next few weeks, the tarmac is already down.
Obviously there is Pittville Skatepark which is great for inline and BMX (although you get through wheels/tyres pretty quick) Loads of big metal quarters, hips and spines.
If you venture further, Charlton Kings has a pretty nice inline/skateboard park at the beeches playing fields.
St. Edwards junior school have some great handrails by the sport centre on battledown hill.
For Pro rails go to Cheltenham Racecourse, just don't expect to stay for long, SECURITY!!
There is a nice ledge on the roof of the Lidl9/bannatynes gym) multi-story carpark.
Also under Waitrose carpark there are a few ledges which are waxed - as its under cover you can skate if its wet/raining.
There are other places to skate but these are some of the main places.
- cleeve school in cleeve, about 10 mins bus ride away. lush place
- The pitville skate park is great for fighting but not so good for skateboarding. The beer gardens is OK but the prommenade is the only good place and most of the cirbs are waxxed already.
- There is nowhere 2 skate in cheltenham. Lidl you get kicked off by police n is chav heaven. The ramps r falling apart n won't b replaced. Charlton Kings is a hole n therte is glass or bonfires n it just ain't that gd!!!! Your lucky to get 5 minutes at Waitrose!! JUST LET US SKATE SUMWHERE!!
- dont front on legends son!what did air circus EVER do for the scene?we are the only skater run store in chelt,dont let any one tell you otherwise!craig aint got jack.no time for all you kids,no shop team,no support for our scene and no love for anything but dollers!YOU ONLY FIND CLOWNS AT THE CIRCUS!BIG UP SIESTA!!!!!!!!!1
- Not just beginers skate the prom,after the shops r shut in the summer massive sessions go down.With sum of the best skaters in the area ! seen.
Theres a new purpose made bench thatsv been put up by the council ! yes the council,its by the band stand in montpellier.Thats the gardens up from the beer gardens.
- The steps outside the building just down from the beer gardens, the cool rail thing in the Imperial Gardens, Pittville skate park and anywhere where the police aren't.
- Pittville Park, I think there is one in Up-Hatherly too.
- Pitville still going, many youngsters enjoy trying to grind and ollie over things in the prom, and constantly fall off.
- Pitville Sk8 Park - Good Ramp
- skatepark in pittville on the improvement! www.pittvilleskatepark.co.uk visit the site its only a recent thing! Also the prom is quite popular outside cafe rouge.
- For upcomming events, news and pictures goto www.pittvilleskatepark.co.uk
the new official website for pittville ska8'rs.
- Just round the corner from the Town Hall
- Your Site stinks. The comments you have published about Cheltenham are offensive and you should be ashamed. Also, try to employ a web/graphic designer who isn't a brain-dead, unimaginatve moron.
- The Office Angels spot in Cheltenham is now gone - the flat paving has been taken off and its' being re-landscaped.
- Pittville is currently being taken over by 8 yr olds who are only doing skating because its in fashion, but if you can hack that then it has a nice mini half-pipe and a couple of grind rails and also a nice view of fields.
- The sandford skatepark is now demolished with plans for a new one sometime in the fuure. The pitville park is still thriving. Montpellier gardens and the area around the "Office Angels" office have become popular for skateboarding, BMXing and street Mountain Biking recently.
- Rareunit ramp in Sandford Park. Midi. Free. (Still there, January 95) Mostly street skating in town on Sundays.
- The ramp has moved from Sandford Park to Pittville , where they should soon be resurfacing it and adding a fun box and grind rail!
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, ansari, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board