Sports Clubs and Facilities in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire*
Football pitches, Clubs, Teams, Rugby, Cricket, Swimming Pools, Tennis, Martial Arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Gyms, Leisure Centres, etc.
You can tell us more about Cheltenham.
Sports Clubs and Facilities
- To correct a previous comment, cheltenham rec. centre (now leisure@ cheltenham)never has had or will have an Olympic sized pool and I,m pretty certain that GL1 does not either!!
- Cheltenham has a relative range of sport facilities. On Tommy Taylors Lane (pittville) there is the Swimming Pool, Prince of Wales Athletics(/Rugby) Stadium. A bit difficult to find and I wouldn't advice going through the local neighbourhood at night, HOWEVER, the Athletics stadium is very cheap and provides a 1st class synthetic track, Cheltenham & County Harriers train here every tuesday and thursday. I'm not sure about the rugby pitch but it opens in about september/October and I believe there is a club for teenagers. The indoor swimming pool across the road from here is meant to be Olympic Class, but it is often closed for repairs on the roof, useful for professional swimmers in the area however I would suggest taking the 94 bus into gloucester and going to the GL1 Leisure centre, the pool is really clean, olympic sized and the pool can even have an adjusted depth. It also has a really cool fun session where they put an inflatable obstacle course on the water. It is also FANTASTIC for other sports in it's facilities, GL1 has a large fitness studio and is incorporated into the fitness spa area, and the place has a sports hall large enough that it often holds concerts.
The other swimming pool in cheltenham is the outdoor lido, often overused, it has been there a while, be prepared for it is rather cold in the pool, however it's quite fun.
- The Recreation Centre, (also known as The Rec centre)jus off tommy talors lane has loadza diff stuff 2 do for all ages!
- LA FITNESSS IS A WICKED GYM WITH LOADS OF FACILITIES AVAILABLE, STAFF COULD BE FRIENDLIER THOUGH, ON TEWKESBURY RD JUST PAST SAINSBURY'S
- Cheltenham F.C.
- Just to correct the above comment about East Glos Club being a bit snooty... 5-10 years ago that was the case but we've mellowed a bit now and are happy to take members of all ages and playing standards. Julian Wellings, Webmaster www.eastglos.co.uk
- the most sport i do is the 20 minute walk into town!
- An excellent Jiu-Jitsu club run by 5th dan Ross Ianoccaro operates out of the council leisure centre.
- East Glos tennis club a bit snooty tho -very posh and ladies college types.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: ju, Alan Lewis, martin, Julian Wellings, ellen, (select convert(int,CHAR(65))), Glosskater, nicky, Chris, andrew martin, Stu, Roger, udcnsqsg, Slates, Baby Biker, tykee, Jake, Toby Lewis, abbi, alex, linz, \, chris hill-scott, Steph, Andy's Skate Shop, Bridges, Morgan , nic, 1'", Steven Matthews, Gisselle, C, adam, krsanlir, Anita Goodier, matt leitch, Peter Byrd, Craig Davies, Em, Mentski, Sar, Neil, Simon, 1 À§À¢, juliet, sarah, Mel, Ian Anderson, Ben Fardon, beth, Alex Sass, Kel, suzie, Ben Owen, mike, kamikazebarfly, Skate Dude, Bill., squiredangly, Emily Cole, @@1sf7M, Adam Coates, Cynthia Wong, amanda, holly, Tosh, Sam, Emma Gordon, Trixie, david smithington, tom, bazza, trudie kew, Craig Smith, Jerry, Kate, Hilary, dawn, Rita, martin kimber, barrett, Vicky Shiach, Stewart Harbury, terry dicks, Andy, Nick valentine, paul, chia, Sifu Paul, michelle stanley, dylan moorcraft, amelia, mark, martyn hooper, Charles Courtney, Flirty Fairy, Sally, James, Carol Harbord, Am, Lucy Feather, dave, Graham Hills, ceri, zoe roberts, matty bater, JyI=, Fish, stu jolley, Michalangelo, Giles Hamlin, Jimmy 3, Peter Poppit, marcus allen, Stephen, cheltenhamgirl101, obmhost, Mark Hooper, Jade blackwell, petergroom, lynn, esther, Jane, P Gera, Noah, matt britland, Rosiezay, dan, Bowdie, Jeff Martinez, Anne Harris, Kristine Stokes, Bev Preston, dand1d, Dale, fatboy, georgia westwood, oh max, funky m, John Randall, lynn ede, generic, coral, ð''ð"", Pete French, Steve Thomas, Chris Ashworth, Chantelle Wise, Lisa Inglesby, gordon hart, ¿'¿", M Fancourt, doobie, Patrick Rushton, Andy Thomas, mark howell, Tim Harris, Alice *David Bowie* P, Michelle, Hannah, Laura Carson, Sy, amnda townley, Davina Rogers, Suzanne, gareth buckle, John, Tara, Mark Thomas, Victoria Carvey, Mike Ling, amanda townley
Last updated: 2016-08-28
More stuff about Cheltenham
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Cheltenham Knowhere Board