Corner eateries, quick bites and the local chippy
You can tell us more about Chislehurst.
- The cafe in the High Street (the 'greasy spoon', not the posh one) does a great fry up. Mrs Bridge's Kitchen near Chislehurst Station is also superb.
- There are 2 good cafes in Chislehurst. One opposite the Queens Head in the high street, and one opposite the Gordon Arms on Belmont Parade. This is used by the bus and taxi drivers. Both open from about 7.00 am. and are not expensive.
- The Chestnut Cafe, always a good spot for a fry up particularly with the no smoking section upstairs.
- Avoid like the plague the new Italian Resturant Papa Charlies. Food isn't up to much and is way over priced. Also watch out for the "optional service charge" that's included on your bill. Asking to have it removed as you don't want to pay it will result in blank looks and much shoe shuffling. Yet another hang out for builders wives and their mutton mothers.
- There hasn't been a decent restaurant in Chislehurst in the last 40 years. I tried them all, and every one of them was, or is uniformly dreadful.
Which is a surprise, because there is plenty of money in Chislehurst, but very little style, class or discernment, especially when it comes to food. What it really needs is an up market pie and mash shop, that would be hugely popular with the builders and their wives.
- I worked at Cafe Rouge a couple of summers ago, and it's even worse now than it used to be. Builder's wives still out in force, though. Spot them here.
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: Chris L Hurst, Steven Isdale, Jenny, Nina, David Lambourne, Rob Holman, Kevin Sloane, Julian Shaw, generic, steve, rob watt, Malcolm Jackson, sedge, Joss
Last updated: 2009-07-29
More stuff about Chislehurst
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chislehurst Knowhere Board