Cringing Cult of Celebrity in Chiswick, Greater London*
Famous residents and ex-residents.
You can tell us more about Chiswick.
Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Richard O'Sullivan, ex-Man About the House and Robin's Nest, used to live with his family in Brook Road, off Wellesley Road.
- Jim Branning from eastenders. Sam from Eastenders..Ant and Dec of course look out for them in the Bulls Head!
- Dave Shack author of Elland road e-males and married to Pop idol judge and tv presenter
- Rod Stewart was from Chiswick.
- nicki chapman
- What about Katie Beckinsale's mum, doesn't she still live in that giant house on the corner?
- Graham Seed
- Let's not forget dear old Chicken George just because they built houses
on that bit where he used to live behind the fence, at the bottom of Whitehall
- I just wanted to add that Michael Redgrave lived in Chiswick Mall. Vanessa Redgrave lives at Turnham Green. British film producer Vivian Cox lived in Church Street, and, the body of the main suspect in the Jack the Ripper murders, Montague John Druitt, was fished out of the River Thames slipway at the bottom of Church street. Ironically the man who headed up the hunt for Jack the Ripper James Monro retired to Chiswick. He died there in 1922. He was also the founder of the Special Branch.
- the entire cast of eastenders
- Nigella Lawson. Guzzles Taittinger by the case. We like.
- Tim Vincent, Ant and Dec, Colin Firth, Davina McCall, Connie Huq, Stuart Miles (and everyone else from blue peter). Moira stewart. other local newsreaders. matt from watchdog. Duffy from primal scream. Seen in chiswick : sugababes in McD's, meg matthews at the dry cleaners. Shona Lowry form Animal Hospital. Oxide of "and neutrino" fame in cullens (he's from hounslow)
- There is a statue of William Hogarth - the world's first commercial artist - at the junction of Turnham Green Road and Chiswick High Road. His house is near the Hogarth roundabout, but there's nothing to see there, just small copies of his works.
John Kirkpatrick, who was briefly an accordian player with Steeleye Span, was born in Chiswick.
- im sure i heard anna ford lives in brentford.
- Bob Monkhouse, Honnah Blackman Also seen Donald Pleasance, Peter Ustinov, Linford Christie, Susan George, Mike Smith & Sarah Green, (almost everyone from Blue Peter their reunion party was held in Devonshire Road), Leslie Dunlop Kathy Shipton has family in Chiswick and visits regularly, Richard Wilson blows in from Hammersmith. Ester Rantzen and Desmond Wilcox, Jimmy Young Cleo Lane and Johnny Dankworth used to drink in the Hole In The Wall Patsy Rowlands bought a car in Duke Road, Just about everyone famous passes through Chiswick on the way from Heathrow airport
- Anthea Turner
- Numerous, it's Chiswick dharling!
- Saw Janet Ellis in sainsburys.
Gaby Yorath shops at Cullens on the High Road, the sports girl.
- Ant and Dec regularly kick seven bells out of the machines (figuratively speaking) in the Bull's Head
- Again too many, used to live near Tommy Cooper.
- Mike Read and Sara Green, Daly Thompson John Thaw, Richard Briars,Des Lynham, and too many others to mention. This is because of Chiswick's close proximity to the BBC.
- Katie Hill from Blue Peter
- Saw James Bolam from the Likely Lads outside Paul's off-license in Sutton Court Road.
- Spotted Mark Lamarr rifling through the "damaged/marked-down goods" shelf at Sainsburys.
- Have seen Moira in Sainburies as well. Thonk she lives on Aisle 4 , near the corn flakes
- Phil Collins, Mel Smith
- Moira Stewart (TV newsreader) seems to haunt Sainsburys.
- Spotted Moira Stewart in Sainsburys once (two inches thick and with a trowel).
The Mardi Gra bomber.
- I keep seeing moira stewart in cullens
- John Thaw, Tim Henman, Sandy Toksvig, Richard Briers...
- Peter Blake, iron maiden, trevor nunn, and more and on..
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: nikesh, T Payne, robertsong, Tracey Nichols, chaz, Alan Armstrong, Peter Ray, Karl Roche, Caz Nicklin, sean, julie moore, bruce, gareth roberts, Ralph Stephen, Sam Rolt, Susie, claire, Andrew Davey, emma, ele, matt, Bill McGraw, email@example.com, Mark Evamy, Mark Tompsett, william, Owain, generic, Campbell, BARBARA DUDLEY, Christine, James Hewson, Sam, Nicola, Pitch Invasion, emms, Jenny, Oli Lee, blackpad, M, halsey, Zaki Moosa, Paul, Sean Lomas, David Andersen, Rob, Martin Hanness, Jan, Rob Charig, Peter Poulton, Emmilynne Berkeley, duncan andrew, treee, Eric Gilchrist, Peter Bowyer, Tony, Jim Thompson
Last updated: 2008-03-30
More stuff about Chiswick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chiswick Knowhere Board