Inside Information and Stuff Only Locals Know
You can tell us more about Chiswick.
- Chiswick River near Kew Bridge end, so you can gaze upon the pubs while you drink your white lightening
- Hi there,
Would you be so kind to update the following details
141 The Vale
Acton W3 7RQ
Phone 020 8740 5056
- As an ex-resident of twenty years plus did you know they used to build the first M.T.B's (Motor Torpedo Boats) down on the river in readiness for the world war and as for Chiswick 'characters' like 'Chicken George', how about'Mrs Jones' who lived in a Ford Cortina in Glebe passage who was a professional piano teacher apparently.( Still alive and kicking I believe)!
- Strand on the Green, on the steps going down to the river.
- A spot that used to be - OK so I'm on the nostalgia kick - 50 years ago - The Chiswick Empire and the coffee stall that used to be in Whitbread Square - The Milk Bar across the road from Turnham Green - all gone in the name of progress. I wonder how much of present day Chiswick will still be there in 50 years time I now live in Somerset - but I suggest you try to hang on to some of what you've got.
- seemingly forgotten - the war years had their fair share of good and sad - the spitfire paid for by Brentford and Chiswick, the end of war celebrations the bash on Dukes Meadows - and other mixed bits - too numerous to mention including the top of the 55 bus at The Grove Park Hotel close to where I lived
- It used to be the top of a 55 bus when it stopped, to turn around at the Grove Park hotel.
- obviously harvard hill park. Until it closed down last month, Devcos was the local offie so you underage drinkers could get your vodka and hang out in harvard hill. watch out for the flasher and muggers tho! Similarly, the Back Common is situated near the Spar, another outlet with a liberal age policy with regard alcohol. Chiswick Park is too near school to have fun. The Lagoon in the Chiswick Business Park is pretty, unless security remove you (which they will do if you try and climb on the roof). turnham green is a classic hook up spot. outisde the packhorse and talbot on friday nights, when your older looking mate can go in and get you booze. The benches by Kew bridge (close to Nipa Offies) If you want to meet crappy private school skaters, tehn try St Mary's Grove/Fauconberg Road/Harvard Hill.
- the green outside barwick (dont demolish it!!!!) house
- Ive seen skaty types on the green behind Sainsburys along with
American footballers on Sundays.
- Outside MacDonalds [bus shelter nearby in case of rain]
- Acton Green. Most young people hang out here, especially in summer.
- Glorious stretches of the Thames, good for any occasion.
- Foubert's Cafe
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: nikesh, T Payne, robertsong, Tracey Nichols, chaz, Alan Armstrong, Peter Ray, Karl Roche, Caz Nicklin, sean, julie moore, bruce, gareth roberts, Ralph Stephen, Sam Rolt, Susie, claire, Andrew Davey, emma, ele, matt, Bill McGraw, email@example.com, Mark Evamy, Mark Tompsett, william, Owain, generic, Campbell, BARBARA DUDLEY, Christine, James Hewson, Sam, Nicola, Pitch Invasion, emms, Jenny, Oli Lee, blackpad, M, halsey, Zaki Moosa, Paul, Sean Lomas, David Andersen, Rob, Martin Hanness, Jan, Rob Charig, Peter Poulton, Emmilynne Berkeley, duncan andrew, treee, Eric Gilchrist, Peter Bowyer, Tony, Jim Thompson
Last updated: 2008-10-14
More stuff about Chiswick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chiswick Knowhere Board