The place to go for a lazy afternoon, pub quiz or last call
You can tell us more about Chiswick.
- Strand-on-the-Green pubs
- Pubs along the river- not amazing pubs but a lovely place to have a drink when it's not over run with mums and screaming kids. bullshead used to be a slightly run down old boozer but at least it had character- the faux- mediaeval refurb is bad bad bad..tackorama. apparently food's not bad though.
The George IV not bad on high rd. The Hart's ok during the week but at weekends full of the more youthful looking crowd of rich kids. avoid! the tabard by turnham green is a nice pub..though often full of Arts Ed drama school types, can have a laugh at their clothes. The newly done-up Duke of Sussex by Acton Green is ok.
- cafe med for the best bloody mary's in the world.
- The George is the biggest & Best pub in Chiswick. All Bar One attracts a young crowd. Jack Stamps for cheap beer and laugh at drooling old men & shite kareoke
- THE HART
- The Bull's Head Strand On The Green has grand food. However, beware of the gaggle of women that behave like Papa Lazarou's brood.
- Look pretty scummy.
- So many to choose, for a quiet drink with friends pick the Tabbard by TG station, for a place to be seen go to All Bar One. My favorite is the Pitcher and Piano [ a bit of a long walk towards Stamford Brook]
- The Hog's Head - THe in place to be for youngsters right now.
All Bar One - VERY trendy, the place to be if you are single.
The GeorgeIV - up-and-coming pub, for some reason.
The Rat and Parrot - quite trendy and busy at the weekend.
- The Mawson Arms
George and Devonshire
The Old Ship
- The Pack Horse, on Chiswick High Road, serves great Thai food in the back, with athentic spit and saw dust in the front.
- George IV — about the only pub in Chiswick with atmosphere. Always crowded any day of the week; plenty of buzz around the place; live footer; excellent beer garden out the back; and its bloody cheap compared to the All Bar One next door or Rat & Parrot down the road. Further along Chiwick High Road towards Hammersmith is the Packhorse & Talbot — good place to go if you want crap food and a fight on football nights!!
- Lots: Personal faves - Rat & Parrot (High Road), City Barge (Strand on the Green - riverside), Bulls Head (riverside), Barley Mow (High Road), Coyote Cafe (Bar - Grove Park area). Lots of choice & variety, unlikely to get hassle from nut cases... refreshing.
- The Tabard, Turnham Green Terrace
Search Knowhere for something else:
All the information in the Knowhere Guide has been contributed by users over the years. No one person is responsible for it all and not all contributors will agree with all the opinions included.
Parts of this information have been supplied by: nikesh, T Payne, robertsong, Tracey Nichols, chaz, Alan Armstrong, Peter Ray, Karl Roche, Caz Nicklin, sean, julie moore, bruce, gareth roberts, Ralph Stephen, Sam Rolt, Susie, claire, Andrew Davey, emma, ele, matt, Bill McGraw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Evamy, Mark Tompsett, william, Owain, generic, Campbell, BARBARA DUDLEY, Christine, James Hewson, Sam, Nicola, Pitch Invasion, emms, Jenny, Oli Lee, blackpad, M, halsey, Zaki Moosa, Paul, Sean Lomas, David Andersen, Rob, Martin Hanness, Jan, Rob Charig, Peter Poulton, Emmilynne Berkeley, duncan andrew, treee, Eric Gilchrist, Peter Bowyer, Tony, Jim Thompson
Last updated: 2008-03-30
More stuff about Chiswick
- Sports Shops
- The Best Things
- Live Music Venues
- Recording Studios, Rehearsal Rooms, PA Hire
- Cringing Cult of Celebrity
- Record Shops
- Hookup Spots
- Favourite Building
- Local Bands
- Buskers, Street Entertainers
- LAN Parties, Tournaments, LAN Game Cafes, WiFi Meets, PSP/DS Meets
- Sports Clubs and Facilities
- BMX Trails, Street Spots
- Cafes and Coffee Shops
- Related Links
- Computer and Games Shops
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Bicycle Shops, Bike Sales and Repairs
- The Worst Things
- Cheap Food
- The Stuff We Can't Fit In Somewhere Else
- Hostels, B&Bs, Hotels, Accommodation
- Clubs (Dance Music) and Music Bars
- Musical Instrument Shops and DJ Gear
- Arts, crafts and such
- Magazine and Comic Shops
- Skateboarding Spots
- Clothes Shops, Shoe Shops, Fashion and Bargains
- Demolish It Now Building
- Skateboard Shops
- Chiswick Knowhere Board